GIV-24 Form - question on how to fill it out

I have 2 questions regarding the GIV-24 Form.

1) On page 2, question 6, there is a section for my fiancee's parents. They are still in China, and will be immigrating within the next year or so via a family visa with her aunt. So, what should we put down for US Entry Date/Visa Type?

2) On page 4, question 8, there is a section for my parents. My parents immigrated to the US back in the 1960s. they do not have their old paperwork handy anymore. What should I put for their US Entry Date/Visa Type?

Thank you!

I'm being pro-active.

Edited by waterox (see edit history)

I have 2 questions regarding the GIV-24 Form.

1) On page 2, question 6, there is a section for my fiancee's parents. They are still in China, and will be immigrating within the next year or so via a family visa with her aunt. So, what should we put down for US Entry Date/Visa Type?

2) On page 4, question 8, there is a section for my parents. My parents immigrated to the US back in the 1960s. they do not have their old paperwork handy anymore. What should I put for their US Entry Date/Visa Type?

Thank you!

I'm being pro-active.

q.1 you put n/a because they havn't entered the u.s. yet. if they do enter the u.s. before you receive the p-4 then simply put the visa type and date.

q.2 just put your best guess for the entry date, then put what type of visa they used.

don't get too far ahead of yourself as they might revise some of the forms before you get to the p-3 and p-4 stages. good luck!

Edited by dale7570 (see edit history)

I just looked at the form and I am confused. Is this supposed to be filled out by the U.S. petitioner? I.e. should that be my name (the petitioner) in #1 or my fiance's name (the applicant)? If it's supposed to be mine, why does it ask for my mailing address, which is in the U.S., in Chinese (yes, I read Chinese)?

I just looked at the form and I am confused. Is this supposed to be filled out by the U.S. petitioner? I.e. should that be my name (the petitioner) in #1 or my fiance's name (the applicant)? If it's supposed to be mine, why does it ask for my mailing address, which is in the U.S., in Chinese (yes, I read Chinese)?

ONLY Section 8 is about US citizen "petitioner"

#1 through 7 is all about CHINESE citizen "Beneficiary" the person getting the visa.

#1 Chinese citizen's name

#2 Chinese citizen's address in China.

#3 Chinese citizen's most recent employment.

#4 If Chinese citizen had been married before but divorced (K-1) or currently married (K-3 or CR-1/IR-1) then list past spouse and/or current US citizen spouse, if K-1 and never married before then indicate "NONE"

#5 since I the "Petitioner" was born in the USA that is what was indicated there.

#6 and #7 Chinese citizen's family.

#8 US citizen' petitioner's family.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

ONLY Section 8 is about US citizen "petitioner"

#1 through 7 is all about CHINESE citizen "Beneficiary" the person getting the visa.

#1 Chinese citizen's name

#2 Chinese citizen's address in China.

#3 Chinese citizen's most recent employment.

#4 If Chinese citizen had been married before but divorced (K-1) or currently married (K-3 or CR-1/IR-1) then list past spouse and/or current US citizen spouse, if K-1 and never married before then indicate "NONE"

#5 since I the "Petitioner" was born in the USA that is what was indicated there.

#6 and #7 Chinese citizen's family.

#8 US citizen' petitioner's family.

Items 5 & 8 are only for petitioners. I wasn't born in the US so I had to put my US Entry date and visa type.

Thanks. Two more questions:

On #6: My fiance studied in the US for a number of years and her parents have also visited on tourist visas. They are all in China now. Are we supposed to put down their last entry date and visa type to the US?

On #8: Both my parents and I immigrated to the States a LONG time ago. Are we supposed to put down our first entry date and visa type?

Thanks again!

Thanks. Two more questions:

On #6: My fiance studied in the US for a number of years and her parents have also visited on tourist visas. They are all in China now. Are we supposed to put down their last entry date and visa type to the US?

On #8: Both my parents and I immigrated to the States a LONG time ago. Are we supposed to put down our first entry date and visa type?

Thanks again!

#6 Yes list as a visitor, #8 Yes list visa type and date of IMMIGRATIONS entry.

Like many new immigrants, my family came over on non-immigration visas and subsequently applied for and received our greencards through employer sponsorships. How does that fit in with the immigration entry?

Again, you list the date of entry be it non-immigrant visa or immigrant visa.

Like many new immigrants, my family came over on non-immigration visas and subsequently applied for and received our greencards through employer sponsorships. How does that fit in with the immigration entry?

Again, you list the date of entry be it non-immigrant visa or immigrant visa.

Thank you for clearing that up :cheering: