As I understand it they were refuased more because of the age difference, then lack of proof!!!!

It seems they had plenty of proof of a relationship!!!

Maybe they should provide them with intimate and romantic video. Actually my friend's great grand father (80) is doing a K1 with a 40's lady. The lady has 5 kids with her ex-husband. I hope they won't encounter the same problem.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this first line is a quote that I copied

I have taken grief about the "God complex." Sometimes, these people in GZ think they know better than the rest of us.

Yes, in GZ, they do think they know better than yours. I know, after you read my post, you may not agree with me. If I was the CO, I also won't give her the visa, actually, before the interview, they already made the decision. It made no difference how much proof they have. Just think about this, if this man was Chinese, do you think she would want to marry this man, who is probably older than her father?

I have taken grief about the "God complex." Sometimes, these people in GZ think they know better than the rest of us.

Yes, in GZ, they do think they know better than yours. I know, after you read my post, you may not agree with me.  If I was the CO, I also won't give her the visa, actually, before the interview, they already made the decision.  It made no difference how much proof they have.  Just think about this, if this man was Chinese, do you think she would want to marry this man, who is probably older than her father?

Look at Sean Connery, the actor. He is probably approaching 70 but still one of the sexist male star. Age shouldn't be a factor. If a person stays fit, he can look and act very young.

Yes, in GZ, they do think they know better than yours. I know, after you read my post, you may not agree with me.  If I was the CO, I also won't give her the visa, actually, before the interview, they already made the decision.  It made no difference how much proof they have.  Just think about this, if this man was Chinese, do you think she would want to marry this man, who is probably older than her father?

Look at Sean Connery, the actor. He is probably approaching 70 but still one of the sexist male star. Age shouldn't be a factor. If a person stays fit, he can look and act very young.

No matter how young someone looks, but he is still 70!!!

What the h$$l is going on here? There has been some strange things going on  here lately!!!!!!!

C.C. you mean to tell me that no one in China gets married if they are not the same age ????

PoorLady to bad you were not born in Mexico, in Five years the BCIS would welcome you with open arms for living here ileagaly

WOW strange days  :)

Well in China. Young ladies do go out with old man around 50 -60. But most of them dont have true love. these guys are rich and have a lot power in the govenment or company.

I believe C.C. didn't mean anything bad. But it is true that we have seen too many young people who stay with old man only because they love money....

What the h$$l is going on here? There has been some strange things going on  here lately!!!!!!!

C.C. you mean to tell me that no one in China gets married if they are not the same age ????

PoorLady to bad you were not born in Mexico, in Five years the BCIS would welcome you with open arms for living here ileagaly

WOW strange days  :rolleyes:

Well in China. Young ladies do go out with old man around 50 -60. But most of them dont have true love. these guys are rich and have a lot power in the govenment or company.

I believe C.C. didn't mean anything bad. But it is true that we have seen too many young people who stay with old man only because they love money....

I think you are right.....but there is more.

This is not my opinion. These are things I was told by JM and other Chinese women. Both in China and Indonesia. Women like to marry men older than themselves....how much more wasn't clear. Women see men as immature (of course!) and feel they'll likely get beyond that if they marry older. They see men as lazy too. Older men are usual more established. And yes, they tend to have not money, per se, but security.

I'm only 6 years older than JM. As I've shared before, she's a Monkey and I'm a Tiger. When her father learned she was marrying a Tiger who was six years older than her, he was thrilled! He thought, "Finally, someone to calm this Monkey down."

• 5 months later...

It would be nice to hear an update. Is Don still visiting this board? I find it hard to believe the age difference was the problem as I am twice my loves age. Everyone was just guessing it was age but no one posted what the reason was for the rejection.

I guess we will never know.

In the post of Eric and Yuhui of September 19, 2003 a guideline from the Shanghai Consulate is posted.

That guideline only deals with non-immigrant visas. Yes, I know K1s and K3s visas are non-immigrant, BUT the IV unit at the Gaungzhou Consulate treats K1s and K3s the same as they do immigrant visas. So if there is a refusal of a K1 or K3 a new visa application does NOT need to be filed or a new fee paid. More importantly, the IV unit will accept supplemental evidence to support the application.

On the age-difference issue, I have obtained visas even though there have been great age differences. One U.S. citizen was over 40 years older than his fiancee who received a K1 visa. The man lived in China with her for a year or so. The situation depends on how the ground work is prepared.