Got pink today!!

E & S

Our K1 was approved today!! Very excited still.. want to share the questions and my 2 cents.. (this is E.. the applicant)

My VO is a black lady.. I was told by the woman next to me that she's supposed to be very difficult and tough.. when they called my number - oh well, i was assigned to her window. She did appear to be pretty serious even though i said "good morning ma'am".. she went pretty straight to the questions:

VO: May i have your passport pls? Who is your petitioner?

Me: xxxx - my fiance.

VO: (typing) How did you meet?

I told the story.. she seemed to know part the story already and kept nodded her head (it was more like a verification to check if I would tell the same story as my fiance has written at the I129f)

VO: How many times has he visited China?

Me: I count it as 4 times, but he counts it as 5 (smile)

VO: Why?? (looks confused)

Me: We went to Thailand together once and back to Shanghai.. he got another entry stamp.. he is always proud to tell he has come to China 5 times.

VO: (laugh) I think it is 5 too! I see you have been to the US for work, how many times?

Me: No, not for work. It was business trip. 5 times totally.

VO: What did you to there?

Me: (explained the work related activities and mentioned I always spared time to spend with S)

VO: May I see your photos (browsed very quickly through my scrapbook)

Me: We have visited many places together.

VO: (smile) I can see! You have met both families too, right?

Me: Yes

VO: Oh, he has kids?

Me: Yes, two. (I continued with their names and ages)

VO: Was he divorced?

Me: Yes.

Vo: When

Me: It was finalized in xxx,xxx.

VO: May I see tax return?

Me: (I gave her 2007). Do you need 2005 and 2006 too? I have them?

VO: No, thank you (gave back the tax return). Congratulations!! Your visa is approved!!

I was a bit surprised at this point as it was barely 5 mins.. while I saw most others spent 15 mins or even longer at the windows. I was so surprised that I forgot to say thank you, but I told her instead "You should come to my wedding!" VO laughed out loud and said "Thank you!!" Then she congratulated me again and gave me the pink sheet.. told me how to get the post office to mail the visa. Then I told her thank you and have a great day.. she was all smiling and wished me good luck!

So.. all went well!! I think it is very important to stay calm, keep smiling, try to make it relaxing! It is always very important not to get nervous from what others tell you while waiting! Just believe that every one's situation is different and just try your best to prove it!

I talked to a few women while waiting and realized that their husbands sent them all the materials.. but these women didn't even know the name of their Visas.. or what are the documents or what are required! No doubt, they got turned down! I think it is so important to let your loved ones participate as much as possible!

Oh.. and don't listen to any of the people trying to "scare" you downstairs outside of the building.. I was told that K1 was the most difficult one and my experience abroad will only cause me trouble.. blah blah blah.. then told me I should go to their lawyer's .. don't let those beat u down! Keep your confidence up!

also.. there's really no need to stand in the line early.. they didn't have the interview according to the number order.

So.. that's my sum up for my interview.. gonna sleep now with smile! :-)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's great news!

It's nice to hear some good news!

Congratulations!

:blink:

Our K1 was approved today!! Very excited still.. want to share the questions and my 2 cents.. (this is E.. the applicant)

My VO is a black lady.. I was told by the woman next to me that she's supposed to be very difficult and tough.. when they called my number - oh well, i was assigned to her window. She did appear to be pretty serious even though i said "good morning ma'am".. she went pretty straight to the questions:

VO: May i have your passport pls? Who is your petitioner?

Me: xxxx - my fiance.

VO: (typing) How did you meet?

I told the story.. she seemed to know part the story already and kept nodded her head (it was more like a verification to check if I would tell the same story as my fiance has written at the I129f)

VO: How many times has he visited China?

Me: I count it as 4 times, but he counts it as 5 (smile)

VO: Why?? (looks confused)

Me: We went to Thailand together once and back to Shanghai.. he got another entry stamp.. he is always proud to tell he has come to China 5 times.

VO: (laugh) I think it is 5 too! I see you have been to the US for work, how many times?

Me: No, not for work. It was business trip. 5 times totally.

VO: What did you to there?

Me: (explained the work related activities and mentioned I always spared time to spend with S)

VO: May I see your photos (browsed very quickly through my scrapbook)

Me: We have visited many places together.

VO: (smile) I can see! You have met both families too, right?

Me: Yes

VO: Oh, he has kids?

Me: Yes, two. (I continued with their names and ages)

VO: Was he divorced?

Me: Yes.

Vo: When

Me: It was finalized in xxx,xxx.

VO: May I see tax return?

Me: (I gave her 2007). Do you need 2005 and 2006 too? I have them?

VO: No, thank you (gave back the tax return). Congratulations!! Your visa is approved!!

I was a bit surprised at this point as it was barely 5 mins.. while I saw most others spent 15 mins or even longer at the windows. I was so surprised that I forgot to say thank you, but I told her instead "You should come to my wedding!" VO laughed out loud and said "Thank you!!" Then she congratulated me again and gave me the pink sheet.. told me how to get the post office to mail the visa. Then I told her thank you and have a great day.. she was all smiling and wished me good luck!

So.. all went well!! I think it is very important to stay calm, keep smiling, try to make it relaxing! It is always very important not to get nervous from what others tell you while waiting! Just believe that every one's situation is different and just try your best to prove it!

I talked to a few women while waiting and realized that their husbands sent them all the materials.. but these women didn't even know the name of their Visas.. or what are the documents or what are required! No doubt, they got turned down! I think it is so important to let your loved ones participate as much as possible!

Oh.. and don't listen to any of the people trying to "scare" you downstairs outside of the building.. I was told that K1 was the most difficult one and my experience abroad will only cause me trouble.. blah blah blah.. then told me I should go to their lawyer's .. don't let those beat u down! Keep your confidence up!

also.. there's really no need to stand in the line early.. they didn't have the interview according to the number order.

So.. that's my sum up for my interview.. gonna sleep now with smile! :-)