I-797E...AARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG...

So we're sitting around patiently waiting for the 10 year GC to arrive... :D When I'm blindsided with a I-797E... :huh: Request for Evidence - I-751...Somehow after the mountain of stuff I sent in with the I-751 some bureacrat has decided it ain't quite enough... :crutch: B) :alldone:

So theY want EVIDENCE OF GOOD FAITH MARRIAGE:

- RESIDENCE: In order to establish eligibility for removal of your conditional status, you mutst submit evidence of your communal residence for the past two years. Such evidence may include but is not limited to the following:

- Copies of rental lease or rental agreement showing joint tennancy at a common residence signed by you, your spouse and the owner of the property. (Gosh I'm sorry but I own the house and owned it before my wife was here)

- Copies of utility bills such as telephone, gas, electric, water, cable etc or other statements issued in both your names indicating your residential address. (All the utility bills are in my name because I was the owner before Lu Li arrived. I did try to get the energy bill changed to a joint account and the stupid company ignored my request)

So I sent in about every scrap of evidence I had that showed we live at the same address. The one additional thing I should have gotten and now will is a copy of a home equity line of credit document showing us both as being financially responsible for the house, etc.

I am assuming that some bureacrat is justifying their miserable existence by making us jump through more hoops just for their amusement. Is it too early to write to my congressman and senators? Any other suggestions???

Hey Tsap hold the plane I may be on there with you... :plane:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh, poor lit old Roggie so Uncle Sam is givin you a hard

time?.... "thats almost unheard of"

Maybe you should tell Uncle Sam you have since found ModShip

just a thought??

Well Roggie for it's worth, it took me a few calls before I

could get my wife added to all our utility bills.

But that was almost two years ago

good luck

Gosh, poor lit old Roggie so Uncle Sam is givin you a hard

time?.... "thats almost unheard of"

Maybe you should tell Uncle Sam you have since found ModShip

just a thought??

Well Roggie for it's worth, it took me a few calls before I

could get my wife added to all our utility bills.

But that was almost two years ago

good luck

I don't even get a bill...I do it all online... :happydance:

I'm in a similar situation.

The house is in my name and paid for. The utility bills are in my name. Everything is in my name.

They haven't even allowed her a permanent SSN yet, so she cannot get a State ID. I'm not sure I could put some of those things in her name. But, perhaps, I should try.

I love my wife, my marriage is good and happy. But, it is still very new. I've had bad experiences with women in the past. I'm still not quite ready to sign over half of my house. That's a > $100,000 move I'm not willing to make yet (even to satisfy a bored bureaucrat).

Edited by Richard & Li (see edit history)

The house is in my name and paid for. The utility bills are in my name. Everything is in my name.

They haven't even allowed her a permanent SSN yet, so she cannot get a State ID. I'm not sure I could put some of those things in her name. But, perhaps, I should try.

I love my wife, my marriage is good and happy. But, it is still very new. I've had bad experiences with women in the past. I'm still not quite ready to sign over half of my house. That's a > $100,000 move I'm not willing to make yet (even to satisfy a bored bureaucrat).

Did you try? The SSN IS permanent and won't change after she gets a green card, or citizenship. The "Not Valid for " blah-blah-blah notation is virtually meaningless

She should be able to get a State ID, or even a driver's license once she gets her EAD, unless your state has some VERY unusual requirements.

Did you try? The SSN IS permanent and won't change after she gets a green card, or citizenship. The "Not Valid for " blah-blah-blah notation is virtually meaningless

She should be able to get a State ID, or even a driver's license once she gets her EAD, unless your state has some VERY unusual requirements.

No, I haven't tried yet. I'm just now learning that it may be necessary.

It's good to know the SSN won't change. The State ID expired on the same day as her visa. (But, she still carries the card.) We'll get it renewed after AOS.

I'm about to go to the state vehicle auction and try to get a cheap, newer car for her and our son. I thought about putting that in both of our names, but, I'm worried about liability. The likelihood of two Chinese people with absolutely no driving experience in either country making a mistake is rather high. If it's in her son's name, he is legally an adult and has no assets to be taken.

I do have a joint credit card with Li. But, she's old fashioned (an endearing aspect, IMO) and mostly refuses to use it.

These (house ownership/rental-lease documents, utility bills, car titles, insurance documents, bank accounts, etc) are basic 'VALID RELATIONSHIP' requirements and have been discussed Ad nauseam.

They are also incredibly easy to do. Quit claim or title change or whatever. Unless of course you don't trust her, and or, don't want her to own anything. After all, that's the basis of a valid relationship. Isn't it?

"My" (don't you mean our?) utility bills are also all done on line. So, they still send a paper copy, maybe not only because I asked for them. The water bill will only allow one name. So, I put the mailing address in her name. For another bill I can only put her on the address label as to me, in care of (C/O) her. My cars' titles were changed in one day with the change in my hand when I left the office. Bank accounts, hell, whatever, they are all easy to change.

Trouble is, you have to want (and then take the effort) TO DO IT!

Note you are NOT in a similar situation YET, you are at the AOS stage and have not yet receive the 2 year CR-Green-Card. You will have 2 years after getting the CR-Green-Card to take care of getting un-restricted SSN, and getting your spouse added to deeds, bills, insurances, etc...

You need to show this when you file I-751 to remove the conditions on the 2 year green-card.

These (house ownership/rental-lease documents, utility bills, car titles, insurance documents, bank accounts, etc) are basic 'VALID RELATIONSHIP' requirements and have been discussed Ad nauseam.

They are also incredibly easy to do. Quit claim or title change or whatever. Unless of course you don't trust her, and or, don't want her to own anything. After all, that's the basis of a valid relationship. Isn't it?

"My" (don't you mean our?) utility bills are also all done on line. So, they still send a paper copy, maybe not only because I asked for them. The water bill will only allow one name. So, I put the mailing address in her name. For another bill I can only put her on the address label as to me, in care of (C/O) her. My cars' titles were changed in one day with the change in my hand when I left the office. Bank accounts, hell, whatever, they are all easy to change.

Thing is I did all the other stuff...I sent them reams of financial papers with both names and addresses...insurance, car titles, beneficiaries, credit cards, federal and state taxes, both of our pay stubs with names and addresses...Enough to satisfy any MORON on the planet that we were living together as husband and wife...These people are just used to playing god and justifying their miserable existence...I'm sure they have a quota of rejects... :ph34r:

Thing is I did all the other stuff...I sent them reams of financial papers with both names and addresses...insurance, car titles, beneficiaries, credit cards, federal and state taxes, both of our pay stubs with names and addresses...Enough to satisfy any MORON on the planet that we were living together as husband and wife...These people are just used to playing god and justifying their miserable existence...I'm sure they have a quota of rejects... :ph34r:

Did you remember the two affidavits?? I know of three others who got an RFE--all for lack of affidavits!!

Did you remember the two affidavits?? I know of three others who got an RFE--all for lack of affidavits!!

Nope didn't forget that...It's purely the house thingie... :ph34r: