OT: Driving

I am glad to report that I no longer fear Yuhui car stunts on the road.. Well, xcept for the 45 mph 90 deg angle right turn... or the damn.. I almost ran that red light thinggie....

She does very well by herself. I am very proud of my honey-bunny..

I no longer kiss the car hood when she ( the car ! ) comes home in one piece... :lol: :lol:

Way to go sweetie :D

Seriously, I had to "force" her a tad to drive by herself so I don't worry too much about her driving by herself while I'm in Europe in 3 weeks........ So she went a few times... shopped like hell.... I should've known better :lol:

If you love them, set them free.....( Have State Farm standing by eff curse .. :-) ))

Bravo, Yuhui!!! Sounds like you are doing a very good job. Eric, I am glad you do not need to worry too much any more.

Today I took Ping-ping out to our old family farm and let her get a little bit of a feel for driving by going on the old dirt roads and around the lake. She used to have her license in China for a short time 10 years ago, she says, so it ought to be easy for her to pick it up again. She only made one mistake today when she scrubbed the left front bumper against a tree while backing up. :lol: :lol:

O/T is right. please post your driving experiences in A Life Together ... section. This is not the first time you've done this. This section is general discussion for visa delays. Families are apart and there hearts are crying. They dont need to hear about this stuff. Have some decency.

Cheer up. A little detour from talking about visa delays is good. Getting the visa is important but spending life together is also very important. Discussing driving experience in Life Together is good idea.

O/T is right. please post your driving experiences in A Life Together ... section. This is not the first time you've done this. This section is general discussion for visa delays. Families are apart and there hearts are crying. They dont need to hear about this stuff. Have some decency.

Lighten up. I enjoyed the posts. Besides it gives us a glimpse of post K-1

O/P

I waited 359 days for my wife to get here. I wish back then there were more stories like Eric's to make us have a laugh once in a while. I think if the moderators thinks a story should not be posted it would be moved. I have not heard any one else complain. I know how hard the waiting is and how hard on your feelings it can be.

then why is there a A life together section.. ?? whats the point if your gonna post off topic issues in this seciton. if they wanna read about how there cutie pie did on there driving test or that they learned how to use a garabage disposal then they will go there and they can read all they want. but most people come here for visa information. cirtical information about timelines and processing. you all act like im trying to ban this type of post, i am not, im just saying there is a section for it and this is not it.

Hi. I can appreciate what you are trying to express, yet... I know that I always loved the stories that people posted. During the bad days of uncertainty I reveled in the stories that folks posted. I am sure that in some ways I was living vicariously through them. I remember feeling so discouraged, only to read about Yuhui driving through the cornfields of kansas- or other funny stories that folks posted - to me those stories were a glimpse of a life yet to come.

Yes, this forum has as serious side and a defined purpose. But if they are immediately put into the other section, they are less likely to be seen. I like it when they start here and then get moved on over. If people identify then as OT, as Eric did, then maybe you could skip over them. Just a thought.

dave

Guest hakkamike

does anyone know of a shipping company with good prices. i wanted to mail 2 bicycles. by sea is fine. just want a low cost option.

I use www.chinamallonline.com phone cards. i get 2.5 cents per minute form the US to china. for $20 i get 650 minutes. sound quality is A+.

Not to dog you orbitalpunk as I have better things to do , but these posts were made by you from what I would guess??

whats the point if your gonna post off topic issues in this seciton. if they wanna read about how there cutie pie did on there driving test or that they learned how to use a garabage disposal then they will go there and they can read all they want. but most people come here for visa information. cirtical information about timelines and processing

Later, Michael Perez

Guest bbridges51

Thanks for reminding the group, Don, of OT's status.

We can move it later to the family section, but a little light-heartedness is always appreciated.

thanks Eric for sharing.

Brian

does anyone know of a shipping company with good prices. i wanted to mail 2 bicycles. by sea is fine. just want a low cost option.

I use www.chinamallonline.com phone cards. i get 2.5 cents per minute form the US to china. for $20 i get 650 minutes. sound quality is A+.

Not to dog you orbitalpunk as I have better things to do , but these posts were made by you from what I would guess??      

whats the point if your gonna post off topic issues in this seciton. if they wanna read about how there cutie pie did on there driving test or that they learned how to use a garabage disposal then they will go there and they can read all they want. but most people come here for visa information. cirtical information about timelines and processing

Later, Michael Perez

well one of them was a reply to somone asking about phone cards. i didnt start that post. thanks for just taking out of context. and the shipping questions are related to china. like many other posts i have seen asking about china like plane flights, phone cards, shipping, i never had a probelm and its has nothing to do with lives together. again there all related to the dealings with china.

Im just saying that when i was apart from my wife for so long and i saw these happy go lucky posts about how happy people are together while I sat at home day in and day out alone, depressed, and what not, i got jealous. it was like people were rubbing it my face that they got faster time lines and that i got fucked.

If im the only one who waited so so long for my loved one and felt this way then so be it. my wife is aready here now, i wasn't doing this all for me or anything. I thought there were some people out there still waiting in this horrible gut renching process who felt the same and i was trying to say something. seems im wrong. well thats good. im glad people didn't feel what i felt. it was an awful feeling

p.s. you obviously dont have better things to do Michael