interview did not go well

i dont know all the facts,seems she was stuck having to do the interview in english,she can't speak good english,but i on the phone with her,and her english is not very good,i will have to wait for an email,to get the whole story

This goes contrary to what the consulate says about interview language in family immigrations cases.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=308420

most people are allowed to choose the language for the interview. sometimes the vo will force the interview in english as one of their tactics to give them an excuse to deny the visa.get the cr-1 process started and in the meantime try and find out what the consulate's reasons were for the denial. good luck.

Have anyone try to ask for the interview in Chinese and got deny? Have anyone refused to do the interview in English? It would be nice to know what the VO can do if you refuse the interview in English.

Joe

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have anyone try to ask for the interview in Chinese and got deny? Have anyone refused to do the interview in English? It would be nice to know what the VO can do if you refuse the interview in English.

Joe

Sometimes the VO is concerned if petitioner and beneficiary can communicate in a common language, if all indications are that US citizen can only communicate in English, they may conduct part of interview in English. But if communication becomes a consern, they tend to Blue-Slip for evidence of how the couple communicates.

In our case, my Yu was an English teacher at a private school, and did her interview in English, this totally eliminated the communications issue.

Hi Jimi,

Sorry to hear the bad news. Hang in there. I am to the point that if this happens to us, I will not be surprised. Here is a link to the FBI site: http://www.familybasedimmigration.com/foru...hread.php?t=386

They have done some research on this, and the information that you get there will empower you. Get your wife to scan to white slip and eamil that to you. Don't ignore any correspondence from the USCIS. Respond to everything they send you. Cover all the bases. You know you have our support.

well i got an email,here is what happened.My divorce was finalized,in april,2007.i met my wife on internet in june,and we married in september.perhaps getting married this soon,was not the wisest thing to do,i met her in september in person,and there i knew this was the person,i wanted to spend the rest of my life with,i asked her to marry me,and she said yes,we got married.how do you justify what is in your heart.as far as my divorce goes,i was seperated from my ex wife

1 1/2 years before i got divorced.So two trips to china,hundreds of pages of daily emails,yahoo and skype chats,phone calls,they decide not a real marriage.

so where do i go from here?do i start the i-130 route,that has been approved?

jimi

It's a gut punch to all of us who still live in fear of a white slip.

You cound not be in a better place, as far as people to help you. The advice and support here on CFL is remarkable.

Tell your wife how very much you love her, how you will never give up on your marriage, and "that it is not her fault!!"

Tell her the things you really don't believe youreself yet,,, tell her that this is only temporary, that the two of you will work through this together. Be strong and confident for her, and above all,,,

Pray and Trust in God!!

We will pray for you,

Rick & Yumei

Hi Stepbrow,

This is Marc Ellis's site or where he has written....??

Did you mean the FBI site or the Immigration site??

Although Marc Ellis's site is good to.

Tom and Ling

Hi Jimi,

Sorry to hear the bad news. Hang in there. I am to the point that if this happens to us, I will not be surprised. Here is a link to the FBI site: http://www.familybasedimmigration.com/foru...hread.php?t=386

They have done some research on this, and the information that you get there will empower you. Get your wife to scan to white slip and eamil that to you. Don't ignore any correspondence from the USCIS. Respond to everything they send you. Cover all the bases. You know you have our support.

Hi Stepbrow,

This is Marc Ellis's site or where he has written....??

Did you mean the FBI site or the Immigration site??

Although Marc Ellis's site is good to.

Tom and Ling

Hi Jimi,

Hi Tom,

This site is Family Based Immigration (FBI)

It was the first site that I found when I started my research, then came VJ and CFL. All have good info, but of course CFL is my favorite.

i dont know all the facts,seems she was stuck having to do the interview in english,she can't speak good english,but i on the phone with her,and her english is not very good,i will have to wait for an email,to get the whole story

This goes contrary to what the consulate says about interview language in family immigrations cases.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=308420

most people are allowed to choose the language for the interview. sometimes the vo will force the interview in english as one of their tactics to give them an excuse to deny the visa.get the cr-1 process started and in the meantime try and find out what the consulate's reasons were for the denial. good luck.

Joe

How about this for a twist......rong told the VO she could speak english and would like to do the interview in english....the VO said "NO..will do the interview in chinese"....and the VO's chinese was, shall we say....less than profficient, thus making the interview difficult in a reverse effect....

sorry to hear that....

when I hear these things I feel sad but somehow not surprised because of so many inconsistencies in how matters are handled there. :rolleyes:

Just work through it best you can and stay strong...even when it seems impossible-- you just have to do it and the day WILL arrive when she is here with you. Be POSITIVE.

(i can attest to the fact that - that's not always easy-- like right now)

hang in there!

Jimi, that is so frustrating! Others can give better technical advice. All I can say is to be a rock. Stand firm and look to the future. She needs something steady she can rely on now. Start moving forward.

It seems so arbitrary I know. These delays can not change how you feel for each other unless you let them take you down. There is no valid reason for the denial - there is no valid reason you should allow it to deter you. You have options always. Pursue them and quickly.

We'll be praying for you.

Jay and Ping