Hong Kong Visa for Chinese Citizen from China

Hello All,

Do any of you know how to get a hong kong visa for my chinese citizen SO from China? I want to get her to be able to come visit HK with me when I bring her back from China any idea how I can do this? Thanks

Joe

All she will need is plane tickets and visa to America. Chinese citizens who have airline tickets from Hong Kong International are allowed to enter Hong Kong and stay 7 days without needing a visa.

Unless she plans to return to China from Hong Kong , there will be no Visa required being USA citizens do not require a visa to enter Hong Kong only to enter China. My Fiancee and myself went to Hong Kong October 2007 and she had to return to her hometown to get the visa and it took some time to receive.

You have to try Disney , I could not believe how inexpensive it was and no lines for the rides when we went. It is however small compared to the parks in USA , but still extremely fun. DOnt bother with the haunted mansion though as it was a dissappointment compared to Florida , but your Chinese SO would be frightened as mine was.

Unless she plans to return to China from Hong Kong , there will be no Visa required being USA citizens do not require a visa to enter Hong Kong only to enter China. My Fiancee and myself went to Hong Kong October 2007 and she had to return to her hometown to get the visa and it took some time to receive.

You have to try Disney , I could not believe how inexpensive it was and no lines for the rides when we went. It is however small compared to the parks in USA , but still extremely fun. DOnt bother with the haunted mansion though as it was a dissappointment compared to Florida , but your Chinese SO would be frightened as mine was.

Lao Po, daughter and I, visited HK Disneyland last July. It was a lot of fun for them. Having been to Disneyland in Anaheim (LA) maybe 30 + times since I was a kid, I too, found the HK version quite small and I really missed some of the basic rides and attractions that are found in the US parks; however, it was still a great taste of Americana and Mainstreet USA was a real trip !!! :eyebrow:

We took the train from the Guangzhou East station to HK and I had my PRC visa stamped out upon exiting the mainland, and my passport page stamped into HK. When we returned two days later, I had my passport stamped out of HK and then my PRC visa stamped back into the mainland PRC.

I always get a one year multiple entry PRC visa, then never worry about coming and going.

As noted above, it is correct your Chinese SO will not need a HK visa if you have onward travel tickets from HK to US within 7 days. We have done this many times... leaving China by train from Shenzhen to HK, by boat to HK and by air from other mainland cities to HK. Never a problem.

That said, my SO had many HK visas to visit me while working in HK prior to getting her K1 visa. I don't have all the details of how she got them, but if you truly wish a HK visa for your SO I can get the details from her and post them for you.

The HK visa for Chinese citizens is good for 2 entries of up to 7 days each. They are quite easy to get, but the processing time can take about 2 weeks if I remember correctly.