Multi Entry Visa

Hi all, time for another dumb question from me :D

When I make my first trip to China this December I will be going to see my SO in Shenzhen. I would also like to see Hong Kong while I am there. I have heard I will need a multi entry Visa for this, and I have heard I will NOT need a multi entry Visa for this. I will be staying in Shenzhen, but also wish to make a trip or two to Hong Kong. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks in advance!

Appaullo

Hi all, time for another dumb question from me :D

When I make my first trip to China this December I will be going to see my SO in Shenzhen. I would also like to see Hong Kong while I am there. I have heard I will need a multi entry Visa for this, and I have heard I will NOT need a multi entry Visa for this. I will be staying in Shenzhen, but also wish to make a trip or two to Hong Kong. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks in advance!

Appaullo

I believe you will need a Multi Visa if you wish to come and go between HK and Shenzen. Plus i think they are the same price anyways.

Have fun on your trip.

Hi all, time for another dumb question from me :unsure:

Appaullo

A single-entry visa is good for 1 entry only. If you leave China, you can not return, even on the same day. So, you will need at least a 2 entry visa. A multi-entry visa allows you unlimited visits within the time frame of the visa (6 months or 1 year).

You need multi entries visa to China.

As for HK, you can go in and out as many times as you like, since you don't need visa for HK. In case you are in HK and don't have any Chinese Visas to get back into China, you can always find a Chinese tour agency to apply for a same day "urgent visa". It will be VERY expensive.

Hi all, time for another dumb question from me :unsure:

Appaullo

Both in a sense are true depends on your entry point to China,

You are visiting Shenzhen. Are you flying into and out of Hong Kong? This would allow you to visit Hong Kong twice without the need for a mulit-entry visa. Once on your way there and once on your way back, You could always fly into Hong Kong, spend a few days before crossing the border to Shenzhen and then do the same upon leaving. You do not need a visa to enter Hong Kong. After visiting Shenzhen, once you leave China, PR of, you need a multi entry visa to get back. Flying into Guangzhou and then going to Hong Kong would require a multi-entry visa to get back. So it is all on how you structure your trip and where you fly into.

Hey Appaullo,

A US citizen does not need a visa to enter Hong Kong and you're permitted to stay for 90 days each time you enter. If your SO wants to join you in Hong Kong, which would be a nice way to spend some time together, she will need to get a visa to visit Hong Kong and Chinese citizens are usually permitted to stay in Hong Kong for only 7 days per visit.

If she can get a Hong Kong visa to travel with you and depending how you set up your trip, I'd recommend getting a double entry visa so you have some flexibility when you get here. Not that much of a price difference from a single to double entry which are usually good for 30 days stay each entry. Like other's have mentioned you can get a new visa in Hong Kong if you need to but it's easier to just get a double now. :rolleyes:

I just came back to Shenzhen last night and I'll be here through the end of February. I have a 1 year multiple entry visa good for 60 days stay each entry so we'll be making one trip to Hong Kong together in the middle of my stay to reset the 60 days once I enter the mainland again.

Have a safe trip and enjoy!

Bob

from my understanding unless they recently just changed it all visa's purchased now for China are multiple entry visa's.

they did this for the olympics i dont know if its still this way or not.

they gave me 1 year multiple entrys.

they didnt have the single entry available.

you will need multi visas to go to Hong Kong when you reenter China.

You can always get a visa in hong kong , MOst hotels have agent there to assist you. They can also send you to passport picture taker if require , but easier if you have passport picture with you.

I have always used www.passportsandvisas.com for the past 5 years for my visa needs , they have always been reliable.They can get you a multi entry visa which will give you two entries into China which will eliminate the hassle of obtaining a visa in Hong Kong for your return. I carry a M class visa , but I work in China so it gives me as many entries as I wish within its valid time period.