Administrative process--should I panic?

autumn

I'm in the same boat also. interview was in april, overcome letter was in may and i'm still waiting. :drunk:

BTW: i use their email syetm every 9 business days. only the 1st time i get a response that said, We just received the submission. And the case is now under reviewing.Once we complete it, we will notify you. To respond to this email, use only the web form atwww.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html. E-mails sent via "reply" will not be received.

then i never heard from them ever.

Edited by benc (see edit history)

I'm in the same boat also. interview was in april, overcome letter was in may and i'm still waiting. :drunk:

BTW: i use their email syetm every 9 business days. only the 1st time i get a response that said, We just received the submission. And the case is now under reviewing.Once we complete it, we will notify you. To respond to this email, use only the web form atwww.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html. E-mails sent via "reply" will not be received.

then i never head from them ever.

I'm really sorry to hear that. In blue sheet it says that if you don't hear anything in three months, you can contact them. I thought they will respond then. Do they usually do?

I'm in the same boat also. interview was in april, overcome letter was in may and i'm still waiting. :thank_you_so_much:

then i never head from them ever.

I'm really sorry to hear that. In blue sheet it says that if you don't hear anything in three months, you can contact them. I thought they will respond then. Do they usually do?

sometimes they respond and sometimes they don't. if they do respond they usually give a generic answer or tell you they need more time. at some point they will send an email or letter to your so with either a callin letter for approval, another blue, or a white. hope you get the call in letter. good luck.

AP = Administrative Processing

It is a catch all phrase that basically says, they need more time to gather information, process the case or make a decision. So just because your case goes into AP, doesn't mean it is time to panic.

Time to start hitting them with emails, calls or going to citizens hours if this is even remotely possible. Yes, you could just sit back and wait, but the constant trying to find an answer will show GUZ you have a high level of interest in the outcome. IMHO, The petitioner doing nothing will make them think they could be right about the couple not having a bonafide relationship. Even though they give you a blanket answer, I think they expect a petitioner with a bonafide relationship to try everything they can to get an answer. It shows being involved in the relationship/process.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

It is a catch all phrase that basically says, they need more time to gather information, process the case or make a decision. So just because your case goes into AP, doesn't mean it is time to panic.

Time to start hitting them with emails, calls or going to citizens hours if this is even remotely possible. Yes, you could just sit back and wait, but the constant trying to find an answer will show GUZ you have a high level of interest in the outcome. IMHO, The petitioner doing nothing will make them think they could be right about the couple not having a bonafide relationship. Even though they give you a blanket answer, I think they expect a petitioner with a bonafide relationship to try everything they can to get an answer. It shows being involved in the relationship/process.

Thanks everybody for your support and advice. You really make me feel better. I'll follow your suggestion and stay involved. I really whish the process could be more transparent.

Guest Rob & Jin

We agree.

AP= a chance to overcome, use it.

AR= not so good

prepare very carefully, good luck

We agree.

AR= not so good

I'm confused again. I thought AR is the stage following AP. Doesn't AR mean the case is at the stage of being reviewed?

Guest Rob & Jin

We agree.

AR= not so good

I'm confused again. I thought AR is the stage following AP. Doesn't AR mean the case is at the stage of being reviewed?

logically yes, with Guz not necessarily. PM the others in the blue/white slipper group they can tell you alot more than I can.

[AP= a chance to overcome, use it.

AR= not so good

I'm not sure I necessarily agree with this... but in either case, sometimes, based on the issue, it is not even in GUZ hands... which can only tend to make it longer as well.

It is according who they are keying in on, the petitioner or the beneficiary. If it's the petitioner, then GZ will request the USCIS to investigate from the stateside. This can take quite a bit of time for sure. If it's the beneficiary they are concerned about then it's hard to say. If they are simply reviewing the overcome you sent in then it would more than likely take 2-3 months. If GZ can't get any affirmation on any suspicion then they will err on the side of caution and issue a white.

No need to panic at this point as there are too may variables to this case. My suggestion to you is to be working on a back up plan just in case you will need it.

I received a response from GUZ on Monday and they told me they mailed out a "Call-In Letter for Visa Continued Processing" on 10/06/08.

I wanted to find out if the "Call In Letter " means Visa Approved or a 2nd interview so I called DOS just 10 minutes ago and this is their response.

Operator- "On 10/07/08, your case was updated to show Administrative Processing."

Homer- "Are you sure? What does the computer screen say? GUZ told me my wife was going to receive a Call-in letter."

Operator- " Yes, it say Administrative Processing."

Homer - "So what does that mean? Why did GUZ tell me my wife was going to get a Call In letter?"

Operator - "I don't know what it means because my computer screen doesn't tell me, it just say "Administrative Processing." You'll need to get the Call In Letter from your wife and have her follow the instruction."

So the short answer is, don't panic if it's from DOS because AP can equal still under review, making a decision, call in letter sent out, or you're SOS.

AP = Call In letter sent out in my case(it better be!!!!).

Only panic if it came directly from GUZ.