Estimated costs for Interview

Since I don't have an unlimited budget, even though I should be fine, I'm trying to guesstimate what my cost will be.

What are the costs for the stay in Guz going to be?... Lao po and her son will take the bus to Guz... but after that,it seems the cost go up.... I know what the cost will be for the hotel for approx 8 days, but I feel good that she will be close to the Embassy. but how much for travel to the physicals and the taxis?

Since I don't have an unlimited budget, even though I should be fine, I'm trying to guesstimate what my cost will be.

What are the costs for the stay in Guz going to be?... Lao po and her son will take the bus to Guz... but after that,it seems the cost go up.... I know what the cost will be for the hotel for approx 8 days, but I feel good that she will be close to the Embassy. but how much for travel to the physicals and the taxis?

its about 35-40 rmb each way to the medical if you take a taxi depending on which one you choose. its much cheaper if they want to take the subway, about 6 rmb each. good luck to you and your so.

its about 35-40 rmb each way to the medical if you take a taxi depending on which one you choose. its much cheaper if they want to take the subway, about 6 rmb each. good luck to you and your so.

Yep we took subway, I believe the Yellow #1 line can get you from consulate to Shamian Island cheaply.

Budget for medical as well as vaccinations.

Yep we took subway, I believe the Yellow #1 line can get you from consulate to Shamian Island cheaply.

Hello,

Vaccinations is only required for a K3 visa correct? For K1, the vaccinations can be done after entering the US right?

Joe

Hello,

Vaccinations is only required for a K3 visa correct? For K1, the vaccinations can be done after entering the US right?

Joe

Vaccinations as not a requirement for any K-Visa, however the OP (NewDay 2006) is doing an IR-1 visa so in their case they must do vaccinations in order to get the visa, because it results in a green-card upon entry.

In our case my Yu (K-1) did the vaccinations just after interview while we were waiting for the visa in the mail, she got a Yellow book that we then later used when preparing the I-693 for adjustment of status.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

1 more thing. only 1 of the clinics is authorized by guz to do the vacccinations required and of course its the more expensive of the 2 clinics. i suppose you could have the exam at the cheaper clinic and the shots at the other clinic. perhaps it would be easier to do it all at the same clinic though. good luck.

Get as much of the medical stuff done there as you can. It will be cheaper and your SO will not have language problems.

they are ir-1, so they are required to have the vaccinations done in china. your right on about the cheaper part. my so had 3 vaccinations in china for a cost of about 40 usd. she needs 1 more varicella shot here in the usa and it will cost 91 usd at the health dept.

Get as much of the medical stuff done there as you can. It will be cheaper and your SO will not have language problems.

they are ir-1, so they are required to have the vaccinations done in china. your right on about the cheaper part. my so had 3 vaccinations in china for a cost of about 40 usd. she needs 1 more varicella shot here in the usa and it will cost 91 usd at the health dept.

OR get tested for immunity to Chicken-pox and MMR. a Titer tests are simpler and cheaper than vaccinations.

Just a reminder that, in the US, the cost of immunizations at a public health center are fixed by the government sponsor, often the state government.

At the public health center in Santa Ana CA that we used, the shots are free. This is free free ... not needs based free.

So check with the local public health center to aid in your decision process.