Blue Fish

Last weekend, Dave and I spent my first Labour Day together with his family in Cape Cod. Cape Cod is a very beautiful and fun place. We luckily got swimming there where the water used to be very cold but not that cold on that day. On the day when we decided to leave in the afternoon, his mother and two other women and I went shopping in a mall. Dave went fishing. He loves fishing the same as I love shopping. I got impressed by lots of interesting stuff and good prices in that mall. Dave got bumped by numberless blue fish. :D

I didn't see his hero action of catching those blue fish , but when our shopping group went back, he was standing among several shining and still breathing blue fish, among which four of them were clued together by a tree stick. He cought 8 blue fish, each one weighing about 4-5 or even more pounds. "Oola! We have the freshest Cape Cod fish to enjoy for at least a week!"That was what I was thinking at that moment. :P

In the evening, we triumphantly drove back with tons of heavy blue fish in the cooler on our back seat. I love these blue fish but I love the guy who cought them better. :P

Sarah

Guest blsqueaky

Hello Sarah, great story. Where about in Cape Cod where you. I grew up originally in Falmouth, and spend much time fishing for Blue Fish, and also going out with my brother-in-law back then in his boat to get his lobster pots. I can remember many good meals back then, fresh lobster and blue fish. Also bass fishing up on the canal.

Oh this brings back memories.

Hello Sarah, great story. Where about in Cape Cod where you. I grew up originally in Falmouth, and spend much time fishing for Blue Fish, and also going out with my brother-in-law back then in his boat to get his lobster pots. I can remember many good meals back then, fresh lobster and blue fish. Also bass fishing up on the canal.

Oh this brings back memories.

Hi mark,

Dave here - we were right by the canal in the Sagamore Highlands. I often fish the canal - the fishing yesterday was great - the bluefish keep pinning baitfish up against the beach - every cast was hit. We only stopped because we couldn't carry anymore. :huh:

Sarah and I are a good team - I love to fish and she loves to eat them! :blink:

Dave

The lobster bake was the night before......

B)

Guest blsqueaky

Oh yes, that is the way to cook them, on the grill.

Dave, I remember when growing up, going up to the hearing run on the canal, getting a bucket of them for bait, then just casting out for large mouth bass. That was fun. Last time back on the the Cape, I heard that the hearing run is no more.

Also did lots of fishing outside of Chatham and P-town, but then again I was stationed there in the Guard.

Ohhhh the memories

Catching blue fish is a lot of fun because they are good fighters.  Most people don't eat blue fish because they are very oily.   How do you cook them?

Ahh, to fish for blues. What fun it was. I haven't been in a while but we used to fish for them in the Chesapeake Bay near the Bay bridge tunnel. We use live bait and once we spotted a school, we troll right thru them. Yes, they would put up a good fight. These were the big blues, 14-16 lbs., I guess. I think sarah is talking about the baby blues which are good to eat just battered and fried. Now the big blues are a different story. I don't know the recipe but I remember the fillets being baked in a heavy tomato sauce of some kind to weaken the strong taste and smell.

I don't care to eat the big blues but I do like catching them!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blsqueaky

Now Sarah and Dave, please do not forget me and the wife, especially since I grew up on the Cape,

Buy the way, I forgot to ask you Sarah, did Dave get you any stuffed Quahogs, and some Linguica (sp). Delicious portugese sausage???

I know that I am up to playing in the Cape again