Report From Atlanta

Just wanted to report that we have just returned from the 500 mile round trip to Atlanta BCIS. Li received her EAD in about forty minutes. Just checked her papers, had her sign something, and finger printed her. That was about it.

I also want to mention that anyone traveling to BCIS Atlanta should not, I repeat, should not attempt to follow the directions given on the BCIS Home Page link for the Atlanta Office. It is totally incorrect. We got lost big time trying to find the place. Ended up in the Turner Field parking lot first off and after thirty minutes of anguish in downtown Atlanta, ended up in the Georgia Dome parking lot. :lol: ;) :huh:

Finally got good directions from a security guard. Once there it was a breeze, except for the seven bucks for parking. :o

At any rate, we are moving right along. Have SSN, EAD, AP, and a drivers license. Have a feeling AOS will be quite a wait however. Good luck to all who are still in process.

Just wanted to say Mick, that today Kate got her EAD as well - seems like we are on identical trains somewhere!!! (Getting here and the process since that is!!).

Our trip was only 10 miles though!!! But the process was exactly as yours - word for word!! We even stopped at a place on the way back home for her to get an application!!!

Now we wonder when we'll hear about the interview and fingerprinting, etc. We filed the AOS on June 5th and when we filed, we were told sometime in the next year!

Guest enight

thanks all your guys congrats!... now I am starting to look for jobs... wish I could own lots of $$$ in the sooner futher! :o

right now... just look for a part job closer to our home so that I don't need to drive and still have time to do some homework :lol:

thanks all your guys congrats!... now I am starting to look for jobs... wish I could own lots of $$$ in the sooner futher! :greenblob:

right now... just look for a part job closer to our home so that I don't need to drive and still have time to do some homework :greenblob:

This is Li's goal as well enight. She wants to find a part time job close to home, thus giving her time to pursue her art work. Problem is, we live out in the countryside and there are few jobs close by. Congrats again on your EAD. :D

thanks all your guys congrats!... now I am starting to look for jobs... wish I could own lots of $$$ in the sooner futher! :greenblob:

right now... just look for a part job closer to our home so that I don't need to drive and still have time to do some homework :greenblob:

This is Li's goal as well enight. She wants to find a part time job close to home, thus giving her time to pursue her art work. Problem is, we live out in the countryside and there are few jobs close by. Congrats again on your EAD. :D

She can work at a farm. Hard work. My wife wants to work at part-time at a department store (sales). That way she can learn English quickly by helping people.

thanks all your guys congrats!... now I am starting to look for jobs... wish I could own lots of $$$ in the sooner futher! :redblob:

This is Li's goal as well enight. She wants to find a part time job close to home, thus giving her time to pursue her art work. Problem is, we live out in the countryside and there are few jobs close by. Congrats again on your EAD. :greenblob:

She can work at a farm. Hard work. My wife wants to work at part-time at a department store (sales). That way she can learn English quickly by helping people.

Tony, I somehow don't think Li would take too well to farm work. She likes the countryside very much, and she loves animals. But I think she would balk at plowing. :D :redblob: