China gymnastics gets too much bad rap!

You would have to SEE the documents to know what was on them. She had a need for one, since it is apparently what is accepted for proof of age. She may or may not have ever traveled out of the country.

Interestingly enough, Nadia Comenci was 14 at the Montreal Olympics in 1976, the year before they raised the minimum age to 15.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad the olympics are almost over. I'm so sick and tired of hearing the whining about the controversy over the gold medals won by the gymnasts.

Geez, I've never seen so much whining....

Rules or no rules... these children are being chastized by the media , over what? Their age?? Oh big deal. At least they didn't use drugs or steroids as most Athletes do... especially American pro athletes. All the people who are whining about this... just get over it... these girls are keeping the gold and that's that. Let them keep it... they outperformed the US athletes.

I hope these Olympics are over soon so we can all move on.

Does anyone believe some American athletes are doing poorly because they can't be juiced anymore?

Boxing--- 1 bronze medal :lol:

Track and field is a complete disappointment compared to the past Olympiads I've watched.

Most athletes???

Come on man ... where is the proof of that!

Geeze ...

I am convinced that several Chinese female gymnasts are underage for the reasons I cited in my early post in this thread.

The little girls are not at fault, it is the Government of China that is guilty. This is not the same as some kid taking steroids, even with coach complicity. This is governmental cheating. Official passports were issued with false ages, not for one person, but for several.

These actions should be fully investigated and exposed. I would not take the medals away from these little girls but I would have the IOC officially and formally censure their Chinese counterparts. The whole thing is too blatant to let slide.

I'm so glad the olympics are almost over. I'm so sick and tired of hearing the whining about the controversy over the gold medals won by the gymnasts.

Rules or no rules... these children are being chastized by the media , over what? Their age?? Oh big deal. At least they didn't use drugs or steroids as most Athletes do... especially American pro athletes. All the people who are whining about this... just get over it... these girls are keeping the gold and that's that. Let them keep it... they outperformed the US athletes.

Does anyone believe some American athletes are doing poorly because they can't be juiced anymore?

Boxing--- 1 bronze medal :P

Track and field is a complete disappointment compared to the past Olympiads I've watched.

Great posts guys!!! :D

Much ado about nothing. Good Gawd, who, with a real life, will even remember this crap in two weeks? :lol: Jeez, our own government and military leaders have lied to us and sent kids to die for absolutely nothing for many years, when did the danged Olympics even become important? :D :lol:

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Much ado about nothing. Good Gawd, who, with a real life, will even remember this crap in two weeks? :lol: Jeez, our own government and military leaders have lied to us and sent kids to die for absolutely nothing for many years, when did the danged Olympics even become important? :rolleyes: :lol:

tsap seui

It's only important because the media tells us it's important, haven't you been paying attention? ;)

Much ado about nothing. Good Gawd, who, with a real life, will even remember this crap in two weeks? :lol: Jeez, our own government and military leaders have lied to us and sent kids to die for absolutely nothing for many years, when did the danged Olympics even become important? :rolleyes: :lol:

tsap seui

It's only important because the media tells us it's important, haven't you been paying attention? ;)

Golly gosh, Lee...I gotta admit, rat cheer before Budda and the american public...sniff...sniff... I am a complete failure as a "responsible" american, and my attention span for propaganda from the media is shorter than a lawyers...er...ah...johnson. :D

Shoot me as a traitor if'n ya must, but I don't look at TV and I don't read newspapers. ;) I gets all my news of the world rat cheer from the action news team on Candle. ;)

Have we bombed China yet, for these alleged transgressions against mankind?

I so want to see and live with my family in China...will our new home be reduced to radioactive ashes and my lil' rabbit and our son turned into crispy critters? All because some Chinese girls kicked ass on some american girls? :lol:

tsap seui

IMHO, I think this is funny, no one saying anything about the 14 year British diver competing right now in the 10 meter Plat-form.

I think the IOC should mandate that all Athletes wishing to compete be 16 years old in the year the games are held regardless of which event their competing for/in.

Having different standards is a double standard.

IMHO, I think this is funny, no one saying anything about the 14 year British diver competing right now in the 10 meter Plat-form.

I think the IOC should mandate that all Athletes wishing to compete be 16 years old in the year the games are held regardless of which event their competing for/in.

Having different standards is a double standard.

It was announced on NBC when he made his dives.

He is not violating any rules. The 16 year age limit is from the Gymnastics Federation.

Starting with this guy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/rmcastil/biowhat/governator.jpg

AND ending with this guy

http://www.lifeinthefastlane.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/body_builder_1sfw.gif

lmao just kidding!! Hopefully everyone has a humor... But seriously , probably not all US athletes

But, I'm sure that everyone will agree there are a few.....

Boxing--- 1 bronze medal :)

Most athletes???

Come on man ... where is the proof of that!

Geeze ...

And I'm so sick and tired of the whining over people pointing out obvious factual discrepencies in China's OWN government documents.

And NO ONE in the media is chastizing ANY children. Lay off the dramatics already. It's just not true. The only chastizing,if any, that's gone on is of the Chinese gymanstics federation and the Chinese government.

It may not be any big deal for you to just dismiss one country not playing by the same rules as every other country. But for all the athletes who've spent countless hours training and missing out on normal childhoods so they could be Olympic caliber athletes, I'll bet it's a pretty big deal. Knowing that you did it the right way while others may have been rewarded for doing the opposite.

Guest Rob & Jin

:bop: :ph34r:

Yes, it's the media's fault that cheating occurred. How dare they uncover something underhanded and dishonest and expose it. If we could censor media here like in China no one would have ever been exposed to the dirt!!! Dang freedom of the press!! The cheaters aren't to blame, it's the ones who tattle!!

Is the appearance of everything being legitamate more important than discovering if it really is (and possibly finding out it isn't)? Is your face more important than your soul? Why does it have to be sour grapes or a conspiracy? If the tables were turned many of you here would have already been judge and jury to the cheating American team and going on and on and on and ON about what a disgrace it was and how we shamed ourselves before China and the world, and how it was typical American win at all costs attitude, the inevitable comparisons to juicing pro athetes etc etc.... but since it's China... "How DARE we claim they cheated even if they did, and bring shame on China... poor little girl..."(I don't blame her, just don't think using the embarassment she will suffer as a reason to not find out the truth is wrong-headed)

gag.

I care about knowing the truth. Not for any gold stripping or score altering. I would just like to know the truth and see people who don't respect it learn that isn't acceptible. That goes for any country.

you nailed it

It may not be any big deal for some to just dismiss one country not playing by the same rules as every other country. But for all the athletes who've spent countless hours training and missing out on normal childhoods so they could be Olympic caliber athletes, I'll bet it's a pretty big deal. Knowing that you did it the right way while others may have been rewarded for doing the opposite.

In order to not offend a sole, with a minor edit to your above quote, I must say...

Well put Dave!

Thanks.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)