Mr. Yang and Wife, the dynamic duo

Guest Rob & Jin

Think I agree with cuzin Chawles.

This is a chinese run hotel for a mainly chinese clientelle. Not any different from alot we have stayed at all over China, except we found them really friendly and helpful.

The westen wont accompy you to the medical, review docs, give them a break what do you think you will get as a 2 bed APT for 200 odd RMB in the center of GZ for a night- the Ritz :ph34r:

You are right its their business, In my opinion you get a darn good deal from them.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rob,

I wanted Ling to reserve two rooms, but Ling wasn't sure about how to set up the reservation.

She said he was a business man and would expect a Deposit....Obviously............ :P

So for September..we are just going to stay in Hotels while in Guangzhou, but my question for you is.....How does one set up reservation with Mr. Yang and what was the deposit he would expect for two rooms???

I plan to stop by his place in September to find out all the particulars but since you have stayed there and others , for my curiosity what was the procedure for making reservations???

Tom and Ling

Think I agree with cuzin Chawles.

This is a chinese run hotel for a mainly chinese clientelle. Not any different from alot we have stayed at all over China, except we found them really friendly and helpful.

The westen wont accompy you to the medical, review docs, give them a break what do you think you will get as a 2 bed APT for 200 odd RMB in the center of GZ for a night- the Ritz :blink:

You are right its their business, In my opinion you get a darn good deal from them.

Guest Rob & Jin

Hi Rob,

I wanted Ling to reserve two rooms, but Ling wasn't sure about how to set up the reservation.

She said he was a business man and would expect a Deposit....Obviously............ :blink:

So for September..we are just going to stay in Hotels while in Guangzhou, but my question for you is.....How does one set up reservation with Mr. Yang and what was the deposit he would expect for two rooms???

I plan to stop by his place in September to find out all the particulars but since you have stayed there and others , for my curiosity what was the procedure for making reservations???

Tom and Ling

Just have Ling call him, no deposit required.

13724842886 or 13725270589.

Hi Rob,

That is news.....But I bet Ling will not believe me....You know how Chinese women are B) ...to suggest that he won't require a

deposit..she will think I am crazy :P , but I will write her and see..Thanks Rob............. ;)

Just have Ling call him, no deposit required.

13724842886 or 13725270589.

When you get there, then you give him a deposit and you sign some paper. But i'm not really sure how he calculates it.

Definitely overrated lol hotel.

But I doubt there are many hotels in China that are very clean unless you go to a 5 star hotel.

The Yangs are very nice people and have helped many people with the visa process.

The price for the two bedroom apartment with kitchen was very reasonable.

The location could not be better for getting the visa. I've heard bad things about crime in GZ. Yang's is just around the corner from the consulate and very near several restaurants. I was happy that our time in the streets was minimized.

The room: Unfortunately, this was the downside in our case. It was filthy. The place smelled very strongly of stale beer and urine and the floors and dining room table were sticky when we arrived. The majority of the lights did not work. The bed linen had not been changed from the previous tenants (and was not changed during the 10 days we stayed there). The kitchen had scrap wood stacked up in it, had absolutely no utensils (it was too disgusting to cook in if it had) and the refrigerator had broken glass in it.

Mr. Yang's mother (she's a sweet lady) tried to clean things up, but the place was really trashed beyond her capability (the stale beer and urine smell persisted and the kitchen was never made usable), she got the broken glass out of the fridge, but the kitchen floor remained so sticky that we had to put newspapers down from the door to the fridge.

On the upside: The air conditioning worked great (and was essential).

Sorry about this report Mr. Yang. But, it is the truth.

Was it really one of their rooms, or a sub- let room from another . they do this when volume is high.

Mrs Yang came to our room, brought worker and cleaned it from top to bottom as we were in sub- let room that was dirty on our arrival.

we made reservations 1 month in advance. when we arrived mrs. yang met us and told us to come back in 1 hour so they could move another family out of our room and clean it for us. when we returned mrs. yang told us no clean linens until tomorrow nite. the yangs told us we were staying in their best room. it had hot water and a refrigerator but was dirty. we put up with this becauser the yangs were so nice and helpful to us, even though we were well prepared and didn't need much help. i can't speak for all of their rooms but i can say with certainty that they don't own these rooms and simply sub-rent them as needed. this info came from the security company that investigated our stolen money. i'll post about that later.all in all we didn't mind too much because they were very helpful and we were able to talk with others going thru the process. it's my opinion that the only reason the yangs receive such high praise from most people is because the yangs are so nice and helpful, therefore nobody wants to say bad things about them. honestly, i was very disappointed with the uncleanliness after reading all the high praises from others. if i had to stay in guz again i would find a clean hotel.

One thing is dirtyness but why would police be checking the rooms?? This hotel really scares me.

Here is my input..

1)Living Conditions...

Yes the rooms are dirty. Well the one I stayed in was. It had cob webs all the place, seems like someone had not lived there in awhile. The air conditioner didn't really work either. It turned off randomly. As you can imagine, it was hard sleeping at night because it was hot and I had to constantly turn the air conditioner back on.

The kitchen looked kind of dirty also. It was like a storage room. It had few extra bed matresses laying there, and some other things. I checked one of the kitchen cabinet doors and as I opened it the whole door just popped out. The hinges weren't even connected. The same about the bedroom closet. Couldn't really use the bedroom closet because there's a bunch of other things stuffed in there.

I saw another room which was much nicer compared to what I lived in. But even the person there complained it wasn't good. But to me it was much nicer than the room they gave us. Clean looking, spacious, and the air conditioner worked.

2) Helpfulness of the Yangs..

To be honest, I didn't really talk to them at all. So I didn't ask for help for anything because my fiance and I knew what to do.

When we first met Mr. Yang after getting of the bus, my first impression was that he didn't seem so nice. He had a stern look on his face. No smile or anything. But he offered to help drag the lugguage. He took us to his office, and I saw a few others there on his computer. He told my fiance they were also members of CFL. Then he took us to our room, and quickly took off.

On the day of the interview, we were going to check out of the room. Also the security guard told us we had better leave because police were going around checking the rooms. Of course Mrs. Yang calls us to tell us not to open the door and shut off the TV because police maybe checking. Anyway, on that day we were not in the room at all, we were at the interview for half the day. So when we decided to leave after the interview, Mrs. Yang decided to charge us for half day usage. She also told us that our room actually cost 280 RMB/night, when we were quoted 220RMB. Huh..are you kidding me? Did she expect us to drag our lugguage around in the US consulate? Besides that, it was raining cats and dogs that whole day! We ended up paying her anyway to avoid arguing, but I don't think thats quite fair. At least in a real hotel you could check out and ask to leave your lugguage safely with the concierge.

You have to remember this is a business they are running. They are here to make money. They even charge you $1 RMB per paper for using their printer. The part of their business is that they know the procedure and can assist you, otherwise i'm sure you wouldnt have called them. If you don't mind sub standard room conditions and are trying to save money then you could try to stay there. Otherwise, i suggest a nice hotel.

One thing is dirtyness but why would police be checking the rooms?? This hotel really scares me.

while we were there the same thing happened to us. mrs. yang called my so and told us the police were checking the rooms and we should turn off the lights and not answer the door. i'm really not sure what to make of this, but i do think its good that some accurate info is being posted about the yangs so that members can make a smart choice about where to stay for the interview process.

Edited by dale7570 (see edit history)

Personally, I probably don't think I'll ever know whether police check in on the rooms at Yang's hotel.

I will say though, any hotel that police must inspect each room, is very suspicious.

while we were there the same thing happened to us. mrs. yang called my so and told us the police were checking the rooms and we should turn off the lights and not answer the door. i'm really not sure what to make of this, but i do think its good that some accurate info is being posted about the yangs so that members can make a smart choice about where to stay for the interview process.

I've never heard of police checking up on the residents, and the residents should turn off the lights and pretend not hear the knocking? Why?????? They are the police, I don't think it would be dangerous to answer them.... So, is this is some "black market" hotel????

You should probably just look for another hotel to stay in.

Personally, I was very okay with the Yangs. Never saw anythiing close to what is being reported here, never saw anyone ahead of me talking like this either. Maybe we had a rare experience when we stayed there. My guess is the Yang's didn't need any sunglasses or extra money when we were there. :rolleyes:

tsap seui

I've never heard of police checking up on the residents, and the residents should turn off the lights and pretend not hear the knocking? Why?????? They are the police, I don't think it would be dangerous to answer them.... So, is this is some "black market" hotel????

Personally, I was very okay with the Yangs. Never saw anythiing close to what is being reported here, never saw anyone ahead of me talking like this either. Maybe we had a rare experience when we stayed there. My guess is the Yang's didn't need any sunglasses or extra money when we were there. :rolleyes:

tsap seui

well said tsap. i will say that mrs. yang told my so that they had a very hard life due partially to them having 2 children. we also talked at length with the security people and learned the yangs don't own these rooms they simply rent and sub-rent them out. also, we were not the only people to have reported money missing from their rooms. looking back at our experience the yangs must be desparate for money.

Guest WenDylan

tsap seui

well said tsap. i will say that mrs. yang told my so that they had a very hard life due partially to them having 2 children. we also talked at length with the security people and learned the yangs don't own these rooms they simply rent and sub-rent them out. also, we were not the only people to have reported money missing from their rooms. looking back at our experience the yangs must be desparate for money.

You mean they were ready to seize an open opportunity.

tsap seui

your correct wendylan. after spending 8 days gaining our trust and friendship the yangs "were ready to seize an open opportunity". i plead guilty to trusting the yangs and providing them with an open opportunity.

Guest WenDylan

tsap seui

your correct wendylan. after spending 8 days gaining our trust and friendship the yangs "were ready to seize an open opportunity". i plead guilty to trusting the yangs and providing them with an open opportunity.

I am sorry that it happened. I guess that's why I don't really trust anyone, as much as I wish I could. My job just leaves me very aware of what real people will do, if the chance to get away with something takes shape, and with the more skill they have, and years of training, it just makes it easier and easier for them. (Criminals in general I mean.) :rolleyes: