Drinking Water Right from the Tap...

Shanghai is undergoing a transformation in their drinking water storage and processing which should allow residents to drink safe water right from their taps by the end of 2009... :ph34r: China is not going to become green overnight, but hopefully steps like this and the growing environmental consciousness of its citizens will continue to grow... :lol:

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/sp/article/20...le_369615_0.htm

That roGgIe is a brave and gallant man, I tell ya. Why in another life he could have been a gladiator like 'Ben Fur' or a nation conqueror like Tommy Genghis Chong, or leader like George roGgIe Washington or a hard chargin' general like roGgIe Patton...the man is unstopable and courageous.

My Gawd, just look at his avatater, who else would have the guts to post a picture of his wife with her lil' fryin' pan, ready to put a big knot on his hed? Who I ask bleakly in this manicured wilderness?

My ol' floopy Aussie hat is off my hed and over my heart in salute to a fearless man like roGgIe who has the guts and determination to drive his car 45mph in a 65mph speed zone and endure the shouts, rotten fruit thrown at him, and insults shouted from the great unwashed as they blast by him on their way into oblivion.

ShaZAMM SGT. Carter, that Mr. roGgIe is shore nuff' the baddest dude in the whole neighborhood.

Shucks damn Cuzin' roGgIe, have you given any thought to runnin' for pReZidEnt of this here uNiteD sTatEs of amEricA while yaw wait out the next 5 years before movin' to Chinatucky? Well..... have ya? I pity the fool that would run against ewe!!!!!!! Deed I do!!!!

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Tsorry Tsap... :huh: But if nominated I will not run and if elected I will not serve... :blink: Some folks are of the very full of themselves sort and I guess that's what it takes to do that kind of job... :D Why if I was a politico I'd probably start driving over the speed limit because now I was so dang IMPORTANT and all the little people better get the hell out of my way... :angry: And in a couple of years I'd have a coronary from all the stress... :)

Tso I tsure do appreciate the offer but I really am quite happy and content just schlepping along at 45 munchin' on my cheese sammich... :)

Ya know, Cuzin'...I don't think guys like you n' me belong over here anyhow. Yer heart is over yonder, and I'm gettin' relocated under the DOS's Patriot Forced Relocation Progrom.

You would have been awesome racin' 66 in a 65mph zone as you went about your important politico job.

I must admit it would have been sad, after you got caught stuffin' the ballot box of the politicians obligatory "other woman", to see you on TV in some blue lawyer suit, your head bowed in faux shame as you told the press how you had now found God and you only wanted to spend time with your wife and family. :o

Yeah, stick to the simple life of a cheese sammich and 45mph in the slow lane...you party animal you. :unsure:

tsap seui

Griz, I have never seen anyone else criticize the water in New York City. Maybe if you tried it and did not like it then there might have been bad pipes in that particular building. But NYC water is highly recognized as being excellent water. They get it from pure sources in the upstate including the Catskill Mountains and other rivers and creeks in protected areas.

Here in Alabama we have some pretty nice water. In my home town our city water is spring water.

That would be fabulous if Shanghai and eventually more parts of China could have drinkable water in their city systems.

Ain't drinkin' no water from the tap - bottled only. My wife didn't drink tap water when she lived in Nanjing. I had a friend who drank tap water - YIKES!! She paid dearly for it!

Besides, one brand of water is PABST (as in Blue Ribbon).

I was surprised that PBR is so popular in China when it is way down the list of beers in America... :beer: Still I don't think it should replace water in your diet... :rolleyes:

I have never seen anyone else criticize the water in New York City.

Remember that I am less than a mile from the source of the mountain water I drink; there are no chemicals in the water.

All community water systems add chemicals to the water which adds taste. NYC may have good water compared to other water systems, but it's still YUCKY to me.

I bought some bottled water here in the states while I was on a long drive. When I tasted it, I could taste the chlorine in the bottled water. That was about a year before the news reports that many bottled water companies fill this "mountain spring" water bottles with tap water.

Here in Alabama we have some pretty nice water. In my home town our city water is spring water.

I had some good deep well water when I worked in Birmingham, Alabama but the community water system was community water.

Returning to the subject of tap water in China, the boiled water makes satisfactory drinking water now. I have no idea what water from a water system the size of Shanghai might taste like...would it be an improvement? Or would it make the water taste bad?