A Life in Paradise...or Heck...

We watched a feature the other night on Chinese TV about a Dong village in Guizhou Province. It had the distictive Dong bell tower and they showed the people making the special cloth for their clothing and all the typical cutesy stuff that Han people like to show about the minorities. But I'm looking past all of that stuff at the SCENERY... :D It was gorgeous... :D Nestled in a valley in the mountains with a stream running through that you could drink right out of. The background of every shot was just breathtaking. The ancient houses, the mountains, the water... ;) Now I've seen the same kind of place several times before and I'm always thinking the same thing..."Wouldn't it be great to live in a place like that..." :) :o

Of course these kind of isolated mountain villages will have NO ROAD going to it. You can totally forget modern conveniences and western food... :D But you would have electricity and some kind of TV if you need it. Your food choices would be limited to what is either grown there or carted in or you carry in on your back... :)

Since many young people in these places have taken off for the cities it would be easy to rent or even buy one of the old houses next to the stream with your own garden plot. You would wake up every morning to clean mountain air and the quiet of the pre-industrial age... :D Every vista would be beautiful in every season... :toot:

I guess I'm in fantasy land...But it's a very pleasant dream... :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We watched a feature the other night on Chinese TV about a Dong village in Guizhou Province. It had the distictive Dong bell tower and they showed the people making the special cloth for their clothing and all the typical cutesy stuff that Han people like to show about the minorities. But I'm looking past all of that stuff at the SCENERY... :blink: It was gorgeous... :D Nestled in a valley in the mountains with a stream running through that you could drink right out of. The background of every shot was just breathtaking. The ancient houses, the mountains, the water... :wub: Now I've seen the same kind of place several times before and I'm always thinking the same thing..."Wouldn't it be great to live in a place like that..." :) :o

Of course these kind of isolated mountain villages will have NO ROAD going to it. You can totally forget modern conveniences and western food... :lol: But you would have electricity and some kind of TV if you need it. Your food choices would be limited to what is either grown there or carted in or you carry in on your back... :censor:

Since many young people in these places have taken off for the cities it would be easy to rent or even buy one of the old houses next to the stream with your own garden plot. You would wake up every morning to clean mountain air and the quiet of the pre-industrial age... :D Every vista would be beautiful in every season... :ranting:

I guess I'm in fantasy land...But it's a very pleasant dream... :redmad:

If only life would allow us to do that.

I've been to Guizhou a lot and it is truly a beautiful place. It's a pitty that poverty is such an issue there, too.

roGgie, I've had that idillic countryside home with the incredible views discussion with the lil' rabbit.

Her quick answer to me..."No safea for you."

The lil' rabbit would love to get out of the "shitty" and live in a rural location, in america or China, but the over ridin' theme to her is I would not be safe at all in rural scenic China, and her brothers think the same thing. Heck, we have to look for a complex in the "shitty" that has a security guard. It's one of her biggest concerns as she now looks at houses for us to buy.

I guess that's just the way it is for us white boys. :redmad: The last thing I want to do is live in some 7 story tower or 27 story tower in some large shitty. I hated Guangzhou when I thought of living in that sort of environment...but I realize I could live in the lil' rabbit's even uglier than Guangzhou shitty for a few years if I was positive I would be living in the countryside again...in 2 or 3 years.

Yeah, I could live forever in a rural picturesque setting. Hell, I live that way right now in Pennsyltucky...not many people, everywhere you go is a beautiful drive...even just to go to the grocery is breathtaking views. When I go to Altoona to the VA I can see similarities to Wellington, New Zealand, as a matter of fact, when my friends from New Zealand came to visit me last year the husband and wife both laughed and asked me, "Mate, why would you want to move from here when it's so similar to New Zealand?"

Well, now I see I HAVE to move from paradise to live out, and continue, my bona fide relationship with the lil' rabbit. :censor: So be it, I love her that much.

Anyone know of one of those beautiful countryside locations in Chinatucky where a white boy won't be looked at as anything more than a rich meal ticket? Would I need 10... or 20 banana clips for my AK-47 to live in peace, or would I need plastic surgery to make me look like Chairman Moe? :ranting:

If you find the answer Cuzin' roGgiE, do tell us.

tsap seui

Okay here's the deal... :censor: We buy a mountain in Guizhou and name it CFLpeak... :ranting: We build our own community of houses and name it PWTville... :blink: We take turns standing guard with the AK-47...I don't know that last part kind of takes the fun out of it... :redmad:

http://i36.tinypic.com/2w36uk4.jpg

edit: OOps - make that PWTville

Well, it's a beautiful landscape there in PWTville, but roGgiE I'm gonna have to take a couple of seconds to show you how to hold that AK properly, so you hurt THEM and not yerself when you put the selector switch on rock n' roll for max effect. :yay: Bye Bye bad guys, don't be messin' with these white boys and our beautifully landscaped mountain top.

Sorta reminds me of Vegas :) We build it, and THEY WILL COME...or ELSE...grrrr

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Well, it's a beautiful landscape there in PWTville, but roGgiE I'm gonna have to take a couple of seconds to show you how to hold that AK properly, so you hurt THEM and not yerself when you put the selector switch on rock n' roll for max effect. :yay: Bye Bye bad guys, don't be messin' with these white boys and our beautifully landscaped mountain top.

Sorta reminds me of Vegas :) We build it, and THEY WILL COME...or ELSE...grrrr

tsap seui

I was hoping for a little more in the way of vegetation... :) But I guess this is better for long-range recon... B)

Okay the deal is in the works...Don will be adding a button at the bottom of the MK page for PWTville... :) Deposits will be accepted in both USD and RMB amounts...First in will get the choice locations although all VILLAS will look pretty much like these... :yay:

http://i33.tinypic.com/2e2hzew.gif

http://i35.tinypic.com/3492clu.jpg

IF YOU CAN'T TRUST ME...WHO CAN YOU TRUST??? :)

OK - here you go Roger

http://i33.tinypic.com/js2i54.jpg

I like this concept and our new slogan... :huh:

PWTVILLE...THE BEST OF THE OLDE AND THE NEW IN ONE TOWN... B)

I've been deluged by members wondering pretty much the same thing... :blink: ...Roger, What's it going to cost me to get in on this ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY ???

I hate to talk about money... :angry: It's so crass don't you think??? B)

Let's put it another way...If you liquidated everything you have...If you hit up everyone you know for whatever they could afford...If you visited all the local banks with a ski mask and a paper bag...If you sold into slavery any extraneous family members... :o

That should be just enough... :D

for the deposit... :rolleyes:

OK - here you go Roger

I like this concept and our new slogan... :rolleyes:

PWTVILLE...THE BEST OF THE OLDE AND THE NEW IN ONE TOWN... :angry:

YEAH DADDY, NOW WE'RE COOKIN'!!!!!

I wuz kinda dreadin' blowin' up all those blow up palm trees and plantin' plastic flowers around for vegetation.

I like the idea of wall to wall houses, no need for no stinkin' greenery!!

I think a large billboard on the main entrance to town with roGgie holdin' that AK will chase away any bad guys. A gated community without the gate, so to speak. On the billboard, mebbe you could even be pettin' a sheep on the head as you stand there with your AK...you know, give the place a kinda homey, family oriented atomsphere.

PWTville, I like the ring to that name.

Tell ya what roGgiE, I'm gonna hold off on wastin' money buyin' a house up north and I'll drive my ol' rusted out 86' Chebby pickem-up truck, with all my construction tools loaded on it, into a container and ship it over to Chinatucky.

Instead of buildin' stuff and makin' dreams come true for the white collars over here, I can put my buildin' skills to good use over yonder.

Let's fly over in September and find us a mountain to buy.

I'll get the container for my stuff next week and pack my gear in it. And I can get me a coupla $5.00 an hour bubbas that I work with to fly over and if'n it can be drawn on a piece of paper, we can build it, buddy. :blink:

You wanna do the drawin' of what ya want the houses to look like? I'll round me up a couple of Chinatucky bubbas to help,and with my crew we can break ground within weeks of buyin' the mountain.

We could get Randy, Yimi, and Cuzin' Yer Kiddin' Me to do visuals for the sales brochures

What do ya think of the name "roGgiE seui eNteRsurPrisEs"...or would "Bettum, Cheatum, and... Howe" be better?

tsap seui

OK - here you go Roger

I like this concept and our new slogan... :angry:

PWTVILLE...THE BEST OF THE OLDE AND THE NEW IN ONE TOWN... :huh:

I wuz kinda dreadin' blowin' up all those blow up palm trees and plantin' plastic flowers around for vegetation.

I think a large billboard on the main entrance to town with roGgie holdin' that AK will chase away any bad guys. A gated community without the gate, so to speak. On the billboard, mebbe you could even be pettin' a sheep on the head as you stand there with your AK...you know, give the place a kinda homey, family oriented atomsphere.

Tell ya what roGgiE, I'm gonna hold off on wastin' money buyin' a house up north and I'll drive my ol' rusted out 86' Chebby pickem-up truck, with all my construction tools loaded on it, into a container and ship it over to Chinatucky.

Instead of buildin' stuff and makin' dreams come true for the white collars over here, I can put my buildin' skills to good use over yonder.

I'll get the container for my stuff next week and pack my gear in it. And I can get me a coupla $5.00 an hour bubbas that I work with to fly over and if'n it can be drawn on a piece of paper, we can build it, buddy. B)

You wanna do the drawin' of what ya want the houses to look like? I'll round me up a couple of Chinatucky bubbas to help,and with my crew we can break ground within weeks of buyin' the mountain.

We could get Randy, Yimi, and Cuzin' Yer Kiddin' Me to do visuals for the sales brochures

What do ya think of the name "roGgiE seui eNteRsurPrisEs"...or would "Bettum, Cheatum, and... Howe" be better?

tsap seui

http://i34.tinypic.com/iz3l0h.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/28md36s.jpg

Here's a couple of more "design exercises" to include in the 4 color brochures... B) But you can forget the pick-em-up truck and the bubbas... :blink: Once we get enough sucker's...'er I mean member's...deposits... :o you and I will be laying on the beach watching some Chinese bubbas build OUR beach-front villas cuzzin'... :rolleyes:

OK - here you go Roger

I like this concept and our new slogan... :blink:

PWTVILLE...THE BEST OF THE OLDE AND THE NEW IN ONE TOWN... :o

I'll get the container for my stuff next week and pack my gear in it. And I can get me a coupla $5.00 an hour bubbas that I work with to fly over and if'n it can be drawn on a piece of paper, we can build it, buddy. :D

tsap seui

http://i34.tinypic.com/iz3l0h.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/28md36s.jpg

Here's a couple of more "design exercises" to include in the 4 color brochures... B) But you can forget the pick-em-up truck and the bubbas... :huh: Once we get enough sucker's...'er I mean member's...deposits... B) you and I will be laying on the beach watching some Chinese bubbas build OUR beach-front villas cuzzin'... :angry:

Ah so, partner. I see the picture now "Beatum, Cheatum,...and Howe" lure in the sheepes deposit money..and hightails it to the beach....interesting, and quite cheeky, I must say. :rolleyes:

And here I wuz thinkin' I needed to get me sum bubbas to sneak over and clear cut someone else's mountain side for the timber to throw up a few outhouses...er...ah...villas...Hmmmm....here I wuz thinkin' blue collar and your white collar ideas take MUCH LESS work. I like that roGgiE. You've got a sharp and clever mind like a Snidely Whiplash or a Boris Baddinov or better yet...a Headly Lamar (from Blazin' Saddles).

Ahhhh...I can jest see us now. A couple of hammocks on the beach, a few blow up palm trees for shade...our own personal beach bunnies ooohin' and ahhin' over us as they feed us slices of fresh exotic fruit and tell us how smart we are...as we lay back and enjoy tropical drinks and an occasional hand rolled (by Chairman Mao hisowndamself) Chinese ceegars.

A couple of REAL fat cats enjoyin' the spoils of life.... AHRRRR

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)