You Sir, Are an Idiot and a Moron...

Can't we all just get along? Maybe wisdom does just come with age. After I hit my Thirties it dawned on me MAYBE I wasn't as smart as I thought I was. Screwing up tends to make you realize that. As soon as a disagreement denagrates to name calling by the other side, you've won. The trick is to make sure you aren't the one to start throwing mud.

We'd all like to think we're China EXPERTS... :lol: But as near as I can tell... :D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mike and Lily

Can't we all just get along? Maybe wisdom does just come with age. After I hit my Thirties it dawned on me MAYBE I wasn't as smart as I thought I was. Screwing up tends to make you realize that. As soon as a disagreement denagrates to name calling by the other side, you've won. The trick is to make sure you aren't the one to start throwing mud.

We'd all like to think we're China EXPERTS... :lol: But as near as I can tell... :D

This is very very true! As much as we are not China experts, the mainstream media is even less so. Our best and our most accurate knowledge will be generated by our personal experiences there, but still, even for us that live there, our personal experiences may not be significant enough to make well-informed judgments.

Guest ShaQuaNew

This is very very true! As much as we are not China experts, the mainstream media is even less so. Our best and our most accurate knowledge will be generated by our personal experiences there, but still, even for us that live there, our personal experiences may not be significant enough to make well-informed judgments.

...and therefore, no-one is well-informed in the judgment department...............

well, excluding those that have the keys to this site....

:D

...and therefore, no-one is well-informed in the judgment department...............

well, excluding those that have the keys to this site....

:P

And that's exactly why we try to be extra NICE... :D ;) :D

It has always interests me why those who post comments as the one above seem to harbor some resentment to this site when others (like me) do not... :head scratchin':

It's just your 6th post and you've been a member since 10/1/06? Dern, somethin' must have got yer goat quick and early. Was it Roger?

Gee Dennis143, I thought you'd know a secret identity when you see one! :lol:

Hi Steve... :D Glad to see you're back... B)

3. I've been doing some research and am thinking of starting a thread to discuss cheese as viewed by the great religions of the world and compare and contrast this with the evolution of Chinese thought concerning dietary taboos over the last 370 years. Do you think that the MK would be the best place to post that thread?

Ah Jim I feel for you stuck in that wasteland of LA where people think of monterey jack as a fine artisan cheese... B) I just cracked open a fine, goat's milk gorgonzola today which I had procured from a little olde cheesemaker at the Madison Farmer's Market...MMMMMMMM the aroma, the texture, the intense flavor... :lol:

3. I've been doing some research and am thinking of starting a thread to discuss cheese as viewed by the great religions of the world and compare and contrast this with the evolution of Chinese thought concerning dietary taboos over the last 370 years. Do you think that the MK would be the best place to post that thread?

Ah Jim I feel for you stuck in that wasteland of LA where people think of monterey jack as a fine artisan cheese... :D I just cracked open a fine, goat's milk gorgonzola today which I had procured from a little olde cheesemaker at the Madison Farmer's Market...MMMMMMMM the aroma, the texture, the intense flavor... :lol:

And thus continues the great cheese debate. B)

Guest Liuling

Typical response from mods that still DO NOT GET IT! Anyone with an IQ of 90 or better can reach their own conclusions with the following participants:

60 guests, 14 members 4 anonymous members

This is typical of the good old boys that post and people like me that do not anymore. I see that my original post was deleted because you did not want to learn anything and wanted only to expound your mindless responses. Have a nice day. Glad I could give you a little time to erase this post as well....

Typical response from mods that still DO NOT GET IT! Anyone with an IQ of 90 or better can reach their own conclusions with the following participants:

This is typical of the good old boys that post and people like me that do not anymore. I see that my original post was deleted because you did not want to learn anything and wanted only to expound your mindless responses. Have a nice day. Glad I could give you a little time to erase this post as well....

Sadly I did NOT delete this member's post... :bangin: But have a nice day... :ph34r:

We'd all like to think we're China EXPERTS... :o But as near as I can tell... :D

And the country and the people are so diverse that my particular knowledge of say, how things are in Yingkou may be useless in drawing conclusions beyond a rather small chunk of China.

And I would just like to add

15 peaches, 4 cucumbers, 1 toad

Go ahead! You can all draw your own conclusions. :o

And I would just like to add

15 peaches, 4 cucumbers, 1 toad

Go ahead! You can all draw your own conclusions. :o

Please don't forget the Sheeps and the Goats. :D