Chinese Sex Survey.

Ken ... what's your point. I don't find any of this very surprising ...

Sorry Jim, if none of these items struck your nerves.

All these were news to me.

I was thinking that China is still what it used to be in 1990. There wasn't that much of a change in the US during the last 15-18 years in the areas of relationships, sex and marriage !

Item #10 was a shocker. All other items were surprises !

Did you know all these things already?

Ken88

I didn't know the precise numbers you quote but the concepts and general magnitudes are not surprising.

And I agree that the 10 million number is probably understated.

See Ken, Jim and I have heard way more stuff than you have... :o

Ahem... Cuzin' roGgie did you and Jim write "those" charges for "those" wimmin you are both so well versed on off on your taxes? Were they "business" expenses?

tsap seui

Cuzzin' Tsap... :P Wouldn't it be WRONG to not help a poor girl who wanted to go to college but didn't have the money??? :huh:

A common example from someone else's life thank you very much... :D

Edited by rogerluli (see edit history)

Ken ... what's your point. I don't find any of this very surprising ...

Sorry Jim, if none of these items struck your nerves.

All these were news to me.

I was thinking that China is still what it used to be in 1990. There wasn't that much of a change in the US during the last 15-18 years in the areas of relationships, sex and marriage !

Item #10 was a shocker. All other items were surprises !

Did you know all these things already?

Ken88

I didn't know the precise numbers you quote but the concepts and general magnitudes are not surprising.

And I agree that the 10 million number is probably understated.

See Ken, Jim and I have heard way more stuff than you have... :huh:

Ahem... Cuzin' roGgie did you and Jim write "those" charges for "those" wimmin you are both so well versed on off on your taxes? Were they "business" expenses?

tsap seui

Cuzzin' Tsap... :) Wouldn't it be WRONG to not help a poor girl who wanted to go to college but didn't have the money??? :rolleyes:

A common example from someone else's life thank you very much... :D

Sniff...sniff..choke..Cuzin' rOgGie ya done brought tears to my eyes with the thoughts of you and Jim crusin' the streeets of China lookin' to help those poor girls who just want to get ahead.

Gosh dern, you two guys are SUCH humanitarians, just helping poor girls go to college. My only defense for jumpin' to conclusions is that it has been so long since i have had sex...with another person...that my mind is jest filled with bawdy thoughts. :P

Blink...blink...HEY!!!! I wuz oncet a great humanitarian TOO!!! Shucks, back in Vietnam, I musta helped 30 different ladies with their 'college' funding. Heck fire, instead of Sallie-Mae I guess you could call me Hornie-Moe, what with all the college funding money I done handed out. :D

Thanks for the insightful way of lookin' at it Cuzin', I feel all tingly inside now.

Now....do you two guys write off your help to "those" wimmin? :)

tsap seui

Guest forrestg

I still have a hard time believing the seventy percent engaged in premarital sex--I mean with so many different ethnic groups and the splits among the urban, rural, and migrant populations, what type of controls did they have for their polling?

Guest WenDylan

I still have a hard time believing the seventy percent engaged in premarital sex--I mean with so many different ethnic groups and the splits among the urban, rural, and migrant populations, what type of controls did they have for their polling?

In a society where boys outnumber the girls, I don't find that surprising. A lot of guys know how to get what they want, most just need to say those three little words, even if it is meaningless to them.

>>>I was thinking that China is still what it used to be in 1990. There wasn't that much of a change in the US during the last 15-18 years in the areas of relationships, sex and marriage !

Most of the changes brought by sexual revolution in the USA were over by the mid-1980's and the homosexual thing was finished by the early 90's. Not much has changed since then except for the truly perverse sexuality.

The most significant change in human existence since the discovery of fire was the discovery and availability of the birth control pill. It changed human sexuality wherever the pill is commonly available. :)

As for the survey: people are people and with or without sex ed they figure out how to do it; females are ready to mate when the equipment is fully functional and they are desired by all fully functional males (availability of birth control plays a big part here); spousal cheating happens in the female population of all nearly species, although not in the male population of all species (1980 vintage science magazine); and prostitution depends on what the meaning of is, is (10,000,000 out of 103,000,000,000 seems like a trivial percentage - especially when I would estimate that 40-60% of USA women have at one time in their lives exchanged sex for some sort of favor (money, drugs, opportunity, grade point average)).

No offense intended, but those of you who met your gal via the Internet, visited and enjoyed great sex; it wasn't because you are special and that she was deeply in love (unless you are the storybook exception). It may not even have been a first for her (how many other guys chatted her up and came to visit?), but if you proved to be sincere, she probably offers you a higher probability of commitment and marital fidelity than is available from divorced women in the USA.

Edited by griz326 (see edit history)