The Coming China Wars:

I think some of responders at the bottom summed it up best:

"In The Writing on the Wall: China and the West in the 21st Century (which I recommend to anybody who cares about global peace and prosperity), author Will Hutton says, "[China] requires our understanding and engagement - not our enmity and suspicion, which could culminate in self-defeatingly creating the very crisis we fear."

If you want to know such enmity and suspicion to the extreme, read The Coming Wars of China, which is simply a categorisation of the bad stories about China you can find over the internet. (Author's note: "Much of the research conducted for this book was done over the internet.") "

And:

"This relentlessly one-sided polemic against China is what it is, without any pretense of objectivity or balance. Peter Navarro has pulled together charges and allegations, most of which are not new, and many of which have been discussed at some length in the press, to make the argument that China is a threat to the world."

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

I have come across this listing on amazon.com, like most other topics it is somewhat subjective, but America has not been doing so well recently, (or am I being too easy on US here?) anyway I submit this for your consideration and thoughts. Watch the video.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0132359820?tag=pe...CFRItxwodxWWFSA

Richard

Richard ... I think you're selling America short. Yes we're in a political season right now with all the distortions that brings, but I have great confidence, over the longer term, in the American people.

As others have observed there is an element to this book based on the current China bashing fad that our beloved politicians have foisted upon us. Yes the author, in the video, raises some real problems but I don't consider any of them to be strategic.

As a wise man once said, and I believe it was in this thread, "China requires our understanding and engagement". Indeed we must continue the noble and insightful initiative begun by Richard Nixon so many years ago.

After watching the video for the book it does remind me of a one sided bash for all. Now I'm sure some of his writing is very true to some extent, but it does sound all one sided. One could very well find all kinds of facts on any country and then paint a very dark image of that country. The US would be easy to do this with.

I won't be running out to buy it, thats for sure............

Richard ... I think you're selling America short. Yes we're in a political season right now with all the distortions that brings, but I have great confidence, over the longer term, in the American people.

Even your confidence in the American People CANNOT overcome the tremendous HOLE that our leaders... :D :P :D

have dug for us... :blink: and they keep right on shoveling as if there was no problem... :D I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this Jim...but... :secret:

AMERICA IS TOAST... :ph34r:

And even Tricky Dick couldn't save us now... :(

Even your confidence in the American People CANNOT overcome the tremendous HOLE that our leaders... :huh: :CopBust: :huh:

have dug for us... ;) and they keep right on shoveling as if there was no problem... :D I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this Jim...but... ;)

AMERICA IS TOAST... :D

:o I'm not a crook.........

said Tricky Dick........

Edited by Corbin (see edit history)

Even your confidence in the American People CANNOT overcome the tremendous HOLE that our leaders... :P :P :lol:

have dug for us... ;) and they keep right on shoveling as if there was no problem... ;) I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this Jim...but... :yay:

AMERICA IS TOAST... :D

And even Tricky Dick couldn't save us now... ;)

Hmmm ... shall we bet a cheese on it?

I have come across this listing on amazon.com, like most other topics it is somewhat subjective, but America has not been doing so well recently, (or am I being too easy on US here?) anyway I submit this for your consideration and thoughts. Watch the video.

Richard

As others have observed there is an element to this book based on the current China bashing fad that our beloved politicians have foisted upon us. Yes the author, in the video, raises some real problems but I don't consider any of them to be strategic.

As a wise man once said, and I believe it was in this thread, "China requires our understanding and engagement". Indeed we must continue the noble and insightful initiative begun by Richard Nixon so many years ago.

The intent of my post was not that I believe all this author has to say, I firmly believe that there are two sides to every story, and sometimes the truth is still not known. I thought it might make for a good discussion on this forum, and I am interested in others opinion on this topic.

Richard

Even your confidence in the American People CANNOT overcome the tremendous HOLE that our leaders... :( :P :roller:

have dug for us... :blink: and they keep right on shoveling as if there was no problem... :D I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this Jim...but... :secret:

Okay done...ONE GRILLED CHEESE COMING RIGHT UP... :rolleyes:

Even your confidence in the American People CANNOT overcome the tremendous HOLE that our leaders... :( :P :roller:

Okay done...ONE GRILLED CHEESE COMING RIGHT UP... :rolleyes:

Ah Hah, so you admit defeat?

Well Rog...........run for President. We never had a cheese head for Pres have we? :D

But be ware. The media will find that Den Mother!!!

Richard

The intent of my post was not that I believe all this author has to say, I firmly believe that there are two sides to every story, and sometimes the truth is still not known. I thought it might make for a good discussion on this forum, and I am interested in others opinion on this topic.

Richard

Richard, don't take it personal as most here that have been to China laugh at these types of books. Yes you are right there are two sides to each story of this type. Does China have a hidden agenda to take over the US of A, maybe they do and already have, but we just don't know it yet.