AOS application transfered

can anyone tell me why they would tranfer our application to CA from TX we live in NY this is what i found on Immigration web sight

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing

On July 9, 2008, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow the instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 to update your address. You can use our processing dates to estimate when your case may be processed by following the link below. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case by registering in the link below.

Not to worry my good man, this is a good thing. I would be worried if they would send the application to your home state... That's when you might start to worry. That would probably mean an Interview! If it says the case was transferred to CSC it means it's only a matter of time before the Case gets put in PENDING STATUS and then you should receive a decision usually within two weeks which is what happened to me! We got our EAD hehe and are awaiting the I-485 outcome heeh.

can anyone tell me why they would tranfer our application to CA from TX we live in NY this is what i found on Immigration web sight

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On July 9, 2008, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow the instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 to update your address. You can use our processing dates to estimate when your case may be processed by following the link below. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case by registering in the link below.

Not to worry my good man, this is a good thing. I would be worried if they would send the application to your home state... That's when you might start to worry. That would probably mean an Interview! If it says the case was transferred to CSC it means it's only a matter of time before the Case gets put in PENDING STATUS and then you should receive a decision usually within two weeks which is what happened to me! We got our EAD hehe and are awaiting the I-485 outcome heeh.

i want to thank you guy's very much for putting my mind at ease

For the past few years nearly all AOS cases transferred to CA ended up getting their green card WITHOUT an interview!

For the past few years nearly all AOS cases transferred to CA ended up getting their green card WITHOUT an interview!

Except for us, we have an interview in San Antonio on July 29th.

Sorry to hear that!! That's a real bummer.. USCIS must have been picky about something. Like the Triggster said, I also feel the trend has been good for people who's case has been transferred to CSC. It just depends on the person who's looking at the case.. Those power crazy USCIS people! :)

Good luck on your interview!!!!! Best wishes! :)

Except for us, we have an interview in San Antonio on July 29th.

• 2 weeks later...