humblestudent interview write up

hi all,

Sorry for the delay in my write up. Eva and I are celebrating her pink slip in Zhuhai right now.

We arrived at Mr. Yang's apartment on June 29. He looked at our files and he said our case was pretty simple since neither of us had been married before. I also brought the "kitchen sink" that the kind folks on this forum had listed out.

Eva's interview was on July 1 at 7:15am, but we didnt get in line until 7:30am. The line didnt start moving until about 8am. The guards outside didnt let US citizens in until 9am.

I was lucky enough to meet a nice fellow from Connecticut who was there supporting his fiancee as well. To kill time and loosen the nerves, we threw back a few beers, while discussing how our lives would change in the next few hours. (His fiancee got pink as well. her interview was 3 minutes as well).

Eva came down at about 10:45am, with a pink slip in her hand. She said the interview took about 3 minutes.

The following questions were asked...

1. who filled the petition for her

2. how did we meet

3. how many times had I come to Shanghai

4. what does she do for a living

5. what do i do for a living

And then the VO asked to look at my tax records and our pictures.

We then called the post office 2 days later and to our surprise, the visa was ready.

Everything couldn't have went smoother. Even the airlines misplacing my luggage from my flight over from SF and the severe thunderstorms havent dampened our spirits.

We're back to Shanghai tomorrow for engagement photos. We'll have a small banquet in December, before she heads back to SF with me around Christmas.

I cannot thank the kind folks enough for all of your knowledge and wisdom. We definitely couldnt have done it without this forum.

Yours truly,

Don the humblestudent

Edited by humblestudent (see edit history)
Guest Mike and Lily

hi all,

Sorry for the delay in my write up. Eva and I are celebrating her pink slip in Zhuhai right now.

We arrived at Mr. Yang's apartment on June 29. He looked at our files and he said our case was pretty simple since neither of us had been married before. I also brought the "kitchen sink" that the kind folks on this forum had listed out.

Eva's interview was on July 1 at 7:15am, but we didnt get in line until 7:30am. The line didnt start moving until about 8am. The guards outside didnt let US citizens in until 9am.

I was lucky enough to meet a nice fellow from Connecticut who was there supporting his fiancee as well. To kill time and loosen the nerves, we threw back a few beers, while discussing how our lives would change in the next few hours. (His fiancee got pink as well. her interview was 3 minutes as well).

Eva came down at about 10:45am, with a pink slip in her hand. She said the interview took about 3 minutes.

The following questions were asked...

1. who filled the petition for her

2. how did we meet

3. how many times had I come to Shanghai

4. what does she do for a living

5. what do i do for a living

And then the VO asked to look at my tax records and our pictures.

We then called the post office 2 days later and to our surprise, the visa was ready.

Everything couldn't have went smoother. Even the airlines misplacing my luggage from my flight over from SF and the severe thunderstorms havent dampened our spirits.

We're back to Shanghai tomorrow for engagement photos. We'll have a small banquet in December, before she heads back to SF with me around Christmas.

I cannot thank the kind folks enough for all of your knowledge and wisdom. We definitely couldnt have done it without this forum.

Yours truly,

Don the humblestudent

Nice write up. Congratulations!

Hi Don,

Congrats to you and your lady, you must be so relieved that it went smooth. Btw how did you like staying at Mr Yang's apartments, for us it meant so much to be able to talk to Mr and Mrs Yang for support, did you feel the same way?

All the best@

Ben

Hi Don,

Congrats to you and your lady, you must be so relieved that it went smooth. Btw how did you like staying at Mr Yang's apartments, for us it meant so much to be able to talk to Mr and Mrs Yang for support, did you feel the same way?

All the best@

Ben

hi Ben,

We stayed at Mr Yang's from June 29th until July 4th.

Mr. Yang is definitely the epitome of a kind hearted person. Just having another set of eyes look through our files is reassuring.

The room itself had a weird smell to it. It was a pretty bare bones room. But I guess for 230 rmb a night, we can't expect the Ritz Carlton or anything. The most important thing was the promixity to the Consulate and Mr Yang's infinite wisdom.

Thanks,

Don

Hi Don,

Yes, I remember the smell and we did find that the accessibility to the park across the street and the embassy invaluable, I am glad that you have succeeded with the pink, its really great news!

Keep in touch and are you back in the states?

Ben

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!!!! :threeques: