China's growing weight problem

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WenDylan

Just another quick note. I was so worried about getting sick from eating in China. I didn't have any problems the whole time I was there, but I have had food poisoning 3 TIMES here in my city...lol. :cheering:

In three trips, aside from some serious overindulging at a hotpot place, I had ZERO problems except for the one time we ate at Mickey Deez. :cheering:

The only time I had started to get a little ill was after eating pig hearts. I don't know what it why? But that's when I took a trip to McDonalds for the first time and got a milkshake and some fries. After that, I was right as day again. :toot:

Just another quick note. I was so worried about getting sick from eating in China. I didn't have any problems the whole time I was there, but I have had food poisoning 3 TIMES here in my city...lol. :toot:

In three trips, aside from some serious overindulging at a hotpot place, I had ZERO problems except for the one time we ate at Mickey Deez. :cheering:

The only time I had started to get a little ill was after eating pig hearts. I don't know what it why? But that's when I took a trip to McDonalds for the first time and got a milkshake and some fries. After that, I was right as day again. :toot:

I think I would've gotten sick BEFORE eating those pig hearts. :cheering:

Guest WenDylan

Just another quick note. I was so worried about getting sick from eating in China. I didn't have any problems the whole time I was there, but I have had food poisoning 3 TIMES here in my city...lol. :toot:

I think I would've gotten sick BEFORE eating those pig hearts. :cheering:

I told myself I shouldn't ask what I was eating, and after several days, I thought had worked up the courage to ask. After many many days of eating things I had no idea what they were, I was sure I could handle it. To my surprise, I didn't handle it as well as I had planned :P

Maybe they looked at the population during the winter. I first met my wife in Chongqing during January. No interior heating other than a space heater. Everyone was wearing their longjohns and several layers of clothes. People looked heavier than they were. :cheering:

People probably stay thin in the winter by shivering most of the day. Of course not having heat makes them get out and move around the city in order to keep warm.

I am pretty fit as I run a lot of miles. A lot of people commented to my wife that I was in good shape. Either that or she just didn't want me to know what they really thought. :cheering:

My wife does not like American food very well so she has stayed pretty thin.