American breakfast or Chinese breakfast?

What about lunch and dinners? Is your wife willing to eat American lunch and dinners or is she going to cook Chinese dinners for the rest of your lives. If she is going to cook Chinese dinners and only speak Chinese then I would suggest that you move to China because she will never be happy here.

Jump to conclusions much?

Can't accept the truth? Dave.

Just when I thought the most inane comment of the day had been posted, you top yourself. Congratulations.

I fully agree with you dave. Li and John came out too strong on his opinion.

John, my wife is not even here. We do not know what she is going to cook or not cook. Every new comer to the US goes through a cultural shock. We all adopt very well. John, if you go to china to live, you will survive, no matter what you eat or do not eat. You do not have to come back here for "appropriate food". there are thousands of new people coming to the US every month to live here. They all not only live, but thrive. It is a matter of time.

So my wife, your wife and all CFL members wives will do really fine. We learn everday and overcome all our problems.

Ken88

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about lunch and dinners? Is your wife willing to eat American lunch and dinners or is she going to cook Chinese dinners for the rest of your lives. If she is going to cook Chinese dinners and only speak Chinese then I would suggest that you move to China because she will never be happy here.

So are you saying there is no inbetween? My wife cooks Chinese only because she is 37 and this is what she knows how to cook. We prefer to eat Chinese because it is much healthier for you. So we are mostly on a Chinese food diet. We eat American, Vietnamese, Italian or whatever from time to time. She has been here for 3 years, loves it and her English is improving to the stage she will start massage therapy school in Spetember. So just because someone sticks to a Chinese diet does not make them anti-American.

So are you saying there is no inbetween? My wife cooks Chinese only because she is 37 and this is what she knows how to cook. We prefer to eat Chinese because it is much healthier for you. So we are mostly on a Chinese food diet. We eat American, Vietnamese, Italian or whatever from time to time. She has been here for 3 years, loves it and her English is improving to the stage she will start massage therapy school in Spetember. So just because someone sticks to a Chinese diet does not make them anti-American.

That is not what I am saying. Did you read the two posts that Ken wrote? His wife does not want to learn English and he needs to learn Chinese and she hates all American food. What will she do here if she does not know any English and refuses to learn? Eat whatever you want, I don't care. As long as you are happy that is all that counts. In my house we eat both Chinese and American. We do eat healthy and go running every night. I do believe we are all proud Americans, just with different views.

Edited by Li & John (see edit history)

My wife doesn't cook... her mother does the cooking, she does say she know how to cook, because she is intelligent :) .... I beleive she is smart, but cooking comes from experience or at least a cookbook. IMO.

I think I will defer to what she wants to eat or cook when she comes here. The only problem might be my 12 y/o son, he's a picky eater.

Anyway, she doesn't like McDonalds, says it rubbish. I will eat it once or twice while in china, it is very limited in china and a little different, Catsup or Mayo on a breakfast sandwhich :) ... I like McD, here for Breakfast sometimes... I do like a good down home breakfast, Grits/cheese, sausage, biscuit... but I'm staying away from this now, trying to lose weight, but I only usually have it on the weekend in the past. Now I will just have a omelet, and turkey bacon and green tea.

I do like the chinese breakfast, but after a while, I must have an american breakfast. :lol:

I don't eat fried chicken here much, I always oven fry my chicken, much less fat... But I will eat KFC in China because I miss American food sometimes.

First I must get her here, then we'll see. :D

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

That is not what I am saying. Did you read the two posts that Ken wrote? His wife does not want to learn English and he needs to learn Chinese and she hates all American food. What will she do here if she does not know any English and refuses to learn? Eat whatever you want, I don't care. As long as you are happy that is all that counts. In my house we eat both Chinese and American. We do eat healthy and go running every night. I do believe we are all proud Americans, just with different views.

This is what she says right now... having never been to the US and only getting exposed to it by McD and KFC :) Lucky she'll even go to the US after that experience :)

Allow a person to share or spill some emotion in the moment when they feel a little insecure about an unknown future experience; she cannot see or control the future experience at this moment. Give her a year in the US and many things change.

This is what she says right now... having never been to the US and only getting exposed to it by McD and KFC :ph34r: Lucky she'll even go to the US after that experience B)

That's really funny...

"Lucky she'll even go to the US after that experience" B)

tsap seui

And by the dawns early light I have visions of those lady's waddlin' up to, and turnin' sideways to fit through the door of Mickey Dees

Actually English food is worst! MUCH, MUCH WORST!

(I can hear my 3rd grade English teacher rolling over in her grave after writing that! ) :roller:

Why do you think they tried so hard to keep India and Hong Kong in the Empire for sooooo long. They need someone in the Empire somewhere that had an idea what spices were and how to use them.

Actually English food is worst! MUCH, MUCH WORST!

(I can hear my 3rd grade English teacher rolling over in her grave after writing that! ) :Dah:

Why do you think they tried so hard to keep India and Hong Kong in the Empire for sooooo long. They need someone in the Empire somewhere that had an idea what spices were and how to use them.

Good Lord, ain't that the truth, I went to high school in Scotland, so for 4 years I had to suffer British cuisine.

One can only suffer so much fish & chip's, haggis and cottage pie....... :lol:

Personaly, I like both American and Chinese breakfast, a little variety is always good. :)

If your wife is with you in the US, does she cook American breakfast for you or Chinese breakfast? How about lunch and dinner?

My wife is not here yet. But I did take her to KFC, McDonalds and some western restaurants. she did not eat even the first bite. she thinks that American food is the worst in the world. I think she is just acting up !What was your experience ?

Ken88

Now Ken!!!

To answer about your wife acting up, you must be out of your mind. No way did my wife or her father care for American food they tried in America, as far as breakfast. She allowed her daughter to taste KFC once. I can count on one hand the times we did fast food in America and have fingers left over. She feels it is very bad. She likes a few things at Applebees and shrimp or lobster anywhere. We went through a Ryans or Golden Coral stage for dinners but that is over. We eat at home and ...

Now she cooks Chinese for breakfast, usually left overs. The except is cerial has become mildly popular for the lil one and wife drinks a glassof warm milk. If I am home she will heat the left over dinner for me.

Lunch and dinner are all Chinese unless I cook.

Edited by SheLikesME? (see edit history)

SheLikesMe - Thanks for reminding me about the cereal.

Hooboy.. She might get hooked on heavy granola with yogurt, then get into coupon wars with Trigg and Donaso.

I think heavy granola with yogurt is good, I know yogurt is not a fad in China, is basic staple.

This is what she says right now... having never been to the US and only getting exposed to it by McD and KFC :ph34r: Lucky she'll even go to the US after that experience B)

Allow a person to share or spill some emotion in the moment when they feel a little insecure about an unknown future experience; she cannot see or control the future experience at this moment. Give her a year in the US and many things change.

or not.