Wen Bo and the Environmental Movement in China...

There is an ever-growing environmental movement in China and as we all know it sure is needed. An optimistic interview of the future of China's environment with an influential Chinese environmentalist...Wen Bo... :D

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/06/19/green.wenbo/

What shocks me is that he hasn't been thrown into a dark jail some where to never to be heard from again. There must be powers to be in Beijing that agree with him but want to see how much he can get done.

There is an ever-growing environmental movement in China and as we all know it sure is needed. An optimistic interview of the future of China's environment with an influential Chinese environmentalist...Wen Bo... :blink:

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/06/19/green.wenbo/

What shocks me is that he hasn't been thrown into a dark jail some where to never to be heard from again. There must be powers to be in Beijing that agree with him but want to see how much he can get done.

Well Corbin as he says there are a lot of government officials at all levels who know that China MUST work to clean up its environment sooner or later... :D A richer and more knowledgeable populace will demand it... :ph34r:

Rog, will you take your micro mini green car with you?

Ride a bike and walk?

Personally I love to be where there is lots of public transport. It not only helps the environment but reduces personal stress. I love to race cars, but love to walk to a near by what ever I need store, ride bicycles, use a taxi if needed, ride busses and trains. It's great over there. I like not owning a car in China.

Rog, will you take your micro mini green car with you?

Ride a bike and walk?

Personally I love to be where there is lots of public transport. It not only helps the environment but reduces personal stress. I love to race cars, but love to walk to a near by what ever I need store, ride bicycles, use a taxi if needed, ride busses and trains. It's great over there. I like not owning a car in China.

CARS!!! :blink: Nope Dougie I agree with you completely. Our house in Qionghai, Hainan is right in the city but in a large development so we don't get street noise, etc. I love to walk places too and I plan on putting on a lot of miles wandering around. We can easily walk to stores, markets, restaurants, etc. To go the beach at Boao or Tanmen we can take a bus or taxi, and the same for going out to the hot springs, all of that stuff is within 10 km. We can walk to the new high-speed commuter railline that is being built even as we speak. Then in 20 minutes we can be in Haikou, the capitol, or in 60 minutes spend a day or two in Sanya. We can hop on a bus to take us into the interior of Hainan to enjoy the highlands and tropical forests. And of course everything is cheap, cheap compared to doing this stuff in the US. Off-island travel will also be by public transportation. Trains, planes, buses, and autombiles in that order of preference. Oops forgot to mention there are boat runs from Haikou to Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Beihai and Vietnam... ;)