Interview Results - PINK

At about 6:30am we arrived in front of the GUZ consulate. There had been a long single line already. We started a new line and were later unkonwingly benefitted from it by getting in the building first. By the end, there were three lines. So, a pointer, if you think existing lines are too long, start a new one.

A small incident after An went upstairs aroung 8am. I forgot to give her my passport. I asked the guard for help but was told that it was not necessary. But I didn't give up easily. I remembered that there were a couple of new friends we made while doing the physical exam and with them we had dinner last night. They were behind us. So I waited for them to show up and asked them to pass along the passport to An. They were happy to do it.

While An was upstairs, Darnell kept calling on an hourly basis to check on me. He made me neverous by saying that we should have worn pink underwears to keep the karma going. :)

The seats in the coffee shop cost 49 yuan so I decided not to pay. The travel companies on the floor actually welcame people to sit in their office even they were not buying anything. One drawback of this was not I missed completely An coming down at 9:50am because I didn't expect it so soon, not until 10am, at least. When she saw me, she looked angry and asked me where I had been for so long. So as a result, we never got to share the excitements (kisses and hugs) of geting our pink. :)

Interview questions:

Screener (to whom you gave the medical package):

1) Who is the petitioner?

2) Are you a communist party member?

3) Have you been overseas? Which ones and for how long?

VO (a middle aged white, window 26) :

1) How did you two meet?

2) When did you have the first contact?

3) When did you meet for the first time?

4) How many times did your SO visit?

5) May I take a look of your pictures?

He looked all four photo albums we prepared, and was particularly interested in two of them. One was a photo taken between us and An's several month old nephew. He asked who the boy was. Another was us with my mom. He asked if she was my mother.

6) What do your SO do for loving?

He asked for the I-134 and the tax transcripts. An gave him all four years' tax forms (2004-2007) and he kept them all.

7) What do you do for living?

Answer: I resigned on 5.12.

7) What did you do for living?

Answer was given.

The interview started in Chinese then An spilled out a few English words in her answers and the VO then asked if An could speak English and then switched the interview to English.

At the end of the interview, he said you passed and gave her the pink. An stayed on and the VO said you could go now. An said may I have my passport back? The VO said No. An insisted to have her passport before leaving. Only when the VO finally gave her a gesture of punching her passport for her visa. did she leave reluctantly.

We wish to thank CFL for all the help we have received and also good luck for everyone in the future.

Thanks for sharing the details so quickly and a BIG CONGRATS to you both. Now the celebrating can begin !!!!!!!

At about 6:30am we arrived in front of the GUZ consulate. There had been a long single line already. We started a new line and were later unkonwingly benefitted from it by getting in the building first. By the end, there were three lines. So, a pointer, if you think existing lines are too long, start a new one.

A small incident after An went upstairs aroung 8am. I forgot to give her my passport. I asked the guard for help but was told that it was not necessary. But I didn't give up easily. I remembered that there were a couple of new friends we made while doing the physical exam and with them we had dinner last night. They were behind us. So I waited for them to show up and asked them to pass along the passport to An. They were happy to do it.

While An was upstairs, Darnell kept calling on an hourly basis to check on me. He made me neverous by saying that we should have worn pink underwears to keep the karma going. :)

The seats in the coffee shop cost 49 yuan so I decided not to pay. The travel companies on the floor actually welcame people to sit in their office even they were not buying anything. One drawback of this was not I missed completely An coming down at 9:50am because I didn't expect it so soon, not until 10am, at least. When she saw me, she looked angry and asked me where I had been for so long. So as a result, we never got to share the excitements (kisses and hugs) of geting our pink. :)

Interview questions:

Screener (to whom you gave the medical package):

1) Who is the petitioner?

2) Are you a communist party member?

3) Have you been overseas? Which ones and for how long?

VO (a middle aged white, window 26) :

1) How did you two meet?

2) When did you have the first contact?

3) When did you meet for the first time?

4) How many times did your SO visit?

5) May I take a look of your pictures?

He looked all four photo albums we prepared, and was particularly interested in two of them. One was a photo taken between us and An's several month old nephew. He asked who the boy was. Another was us with my mom. He asked if she was my mother.

6) What do your SO do for loving?

He asked for the I-134 and the tax transcripts. An gave him all four years' tax forms (2004-2007) and he kept them all.

7) What do you do for living?

Answer: I resigned on 5.12.

7) What did you do for living?

Answer was given.

The interview started in Chinese then An spilled out a few English words in her answers and the VO then asked if An could speak English and then switched the interview to English.

At the end of the interview, he said you passed and gave her the pink. An stayed on and the VO said you could go now. An said may I have my passport back? The VO said No. An insisted to have her passport before leaving. Only when the VO finally gave her a gesture of punching her passport for her visa. did she leave reluctantly.

We wish to thank CFL for all the help we have received and also good luck for everyone in the future.

A small incident after An went upstairs aroung 8am. I forgot to give her my passport. I asked the guard for help but was told that it was not necessary.

The guard was correct - American citizens are allowed on the 5th floor at any time simply by showing their passport. You must go to the American citizens' area on the right. But if you can catch her eye, motion her over to the area in front of the restrooms (which are common to both areas). You can then hand her anything you wish.

And congratulations!

CONGRATULATIONS Jing !!!!!!!!!!! :toot: :cheering: :cheering:

This is very great news for you two !!! :toot:

The 'Circling' is finally over !!! ;)

And yes, the new owner of the 4th floor coffee shop took over on June 1st. They are requiring a drink purchase to occupy a seat.

I ended up with a Coke (no ice available) but was not harrassed to buy anything more for my nearly four hour wait, until Lao Po appeared close to noon. I figure it cost me US $1.75 an hour to sit there and wait, while I sipped my 50 RMB Coke. :blink:

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)