China Will Beat the US...

It has been no secret that China not only wants to host a great Olympic Games but also win the most medals... :huh: Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCooper predicts they will do just that, besting the US by one medal... :V:

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/06/22/...-Prediction.php

Good for them. I hope they do well.

Me too. The immense amount of pride that the Chinese people would get out of it would be well worth it.

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

I too hope they do very well and get that sense of national pride an event like this can give.

To parrot Mike's post...well, with a small change...

China wants to beat us at all endeavors. Given time, I am sure they will beat us at money. :lol:

tsap seui

While I was in China in 2004 during the olympics, they would always tell me America #1 China #2 and what they were referring to was the amount of gold medals each country had, they could care less about any other medal.

I know that was the prevailing thought but maybe Chinese pragmatism is setting in and now the total medal count counts... :cheering: After all there are sports like ping pong where China will clean up and then others in track and field where they are not so strong... :cheering:

Wasn't there a trend or idea that focused on 'home court advantage' ? You could plot this on a chart, do some statistical analysis. I think it's been done already !