Flying to US

Well I didn't know where to put this so hopefully it's in the right place. Since we received oru pink slip we have been trying to figure otu oru way home.

has anyone flew on JAL Japan airlines? The price and service is absolutely the best but Im not to sure if we should do it since we need to go through Japan. Does anyone knwo if that would be an issue for my fiancee with her American visa to go throught Japan?

or is best and safe to just go United and fly to Cali?

Plus .. I worry if I fly JAL I go to japan then right to New York where I live but I worry that NY immigaration is dumb and Cali must be more experiecned with fiancee visa. I just feel San fran must be the number one 1st entrance into US from China.

Any thoughts?? Thanks everyone. Maybe I think to much..ha

Well I didn't know where to put this so hopefully it's in the right place. Since we received oru pink slip we have been trying to figure otu oru way home.

has anyone flew on JAL Japan airlines? The price and service is absolutely the best but Im not to sure if we should do it since we need to go through Japan. Does anyone knwo if that would be an issue for my fiancee with her American visa to go throught Japan?

or is best and safe to just go United and fly to Cali?

Plus .. I worry if I fly JAL I go to japan then right to New York where I live but I worry that NY immigaration is dumb and Cali must be more experiecned with fiancee visa. I just feel San fran must be the number one 1st entrance into US from China.

Any thoughts?? Thanks everyone. Maybe I think to much..ha

Just my thought and that is all. I don't think it will matter which POE you go through because they all get the same training as far as I know. Now the part about going through Japan I don't have a clue what this could or could not cause in problems or no problems.......

You are flying international. You will have a plane change in Tokyo Narita and you will never leave the international terminal.Just have to show your passport when landing. The staff handles chinese often so no problem at the airport. If you live in NY fly into JFK They handle international travel all the time. Wife went into JFK as her POE. NO problem . You can ask for for a 90 day EAD card which is only obtained at JFK¡¡

from a response of a person who replied to my question about going through jfk a year ago

It took almost 3 hours to go through immigration, allow the extra time. It all depends upon the motivation of the people working, some are real lazy. If she wants to work she will need to request that her I-94 is stamped with "Temporary Woek Authorization". JFK is the only POE still doing this. After she gets out of immigration there are cart racks, it costs $3.00 in quarters. They are sometimes, if not sold out, available at the baggage claim before immigration. After she comes out into the open area she will have to board the airtrain which goes between terminals. It is a hike to get to the station. My Fiancee came in on American Airlines, Terminal 8. Other termonals/airlines may be better. They are remodling JFK and Terminal 8 is still old. We had to walk to Terminal 9 to board the airtrain. My honest opinion is that you should go to New York to meet her. Get a room close to the airport, such as the Fairfield Inn, and take their shuttle to the airport. Meet her, let her grt some sleep before continuing your journey. My Fiancee came from Ukraine and had been up for almost 24 hours when she finally cleared immigration. We were driving home from the airport to Buffalo. It made her first night much more relaxed and our drive was really nice as she was awake and checking out her new country. Just my opinion, it may not work for you. But I would really stress that she can use your help at the airport after clearing immigration. My Fiancee also speaks english, it is more just getting through a strange airport when you are real tired. Good luck and let me know how it goes...

yan said you can pay with Dollar bills for the cart. .

Just my thought and that is all. I don't think it will matter which POE you go through because they all get the same training as far as I know. Now the part about going through Japan I don't have a clue what this could or could not cause in problems or no problems.......

When flying internationally, you may fly through any airport of any country as long as you have a ticket with a final destination that matches your passport/visa. I imagine you won't be leaving the airport or going through "entry" customs. You will most likely remaining in the international terminal from the arriving flight as you wait for the departing flight that will bring you on to the U.S. If this is your scenario, then you are fine if you wish to fly through Japan.

This is correct, not a problem as long as connecting through Japan, North West also connects through Japan.

SEE: http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/tim_webs...ubuser=DELTAB2C

MSP/STP is an excellent POE also,very easy and on VJ is rated highly as one of the more friendly ones to use.

It is also one of Northwest's hubs

Is flight NW20 from Tokyo/Narita. You arrive around 1230pm, early afternoon and plenty of time for connecting flights.You do not get the EAD stamp tho.

Use the lane on the far right side.The number 2 lane. Toplaw used it recently and had very good luck.

Good Luck

Paul

When I was living in Japan, I always used JAL. They are very good with service. My parents, when coming to China to visit, also used JAL and will use JAL to come here for hubby's interview.

We plan to fly JAL to Hawaii completely on miles. (My family can pool their miles to get enough for both our tickets). We called the Japanese Embassy in Beijing and they told us that hubby could stop in Japan for up to 72 hours without applying for anything. We will be flying into Kansai International Airport in Osaka because hubby's older sister is living in Kyoto. We were told that if hubby has the connecting ticket (which will be a few days later) he should have no problems even getting out of the airport.

Of course I am a little bit worried about this, but that's what the embassy said. I will believe them and hope that it is ok. If you are just transferring, not leaving the airport, I don't think you will have any problems. If you are with your fiance, you will have no problems since Japan is on the visa waiver program.

Whatever airline you take, IF you go through JKF as the POE, she can receive a 'work authorized' stamp in her passport. NO OTHER POE does this. It's not instant, you have to remind the IO about it.

ctrip.com is offering discounted fares to USA, one way, from China. she can book it in Chinese, or you can email the help desk in English if your lass isn't web portal savvy.

Narita will put a 'transit stamp' in her passport if she's there more than 12 hours at the international terminal, otherwise it's not any issue - she needs to show her 'ongoing travel documents'.

Just so you know ... Narita closes at night and everyone must leave the airport. Your connections may be such that this is not a factor for you.

If it is, the US passport holder needs no visa to leave the airport for overnight accommodations. The Chinese passport holder must get a Transit Visa, which is good for up to 72 hours. A transit visa may be obtained at the airport or up to 30 days in advance at a Japanese embassy/consulate.

Have had the same experience as Jim mentions at NRT. Also I now prefer to make as few stops as possible along the way.

You might consider, CZ (China Southern) low one-way fares from CAN to LAX and then pick up one of the dozens of choices out of LAX to JFK.

Yes, similar to SFO, the LAX POE is not a hassle at all.

On the 6th, when we exited Guangzhou, my GZ businesswoman Lao Po negotiated one-way fares of $734.00 [each] for her and daughter, on CZ #327 from CAN to LAX.

BTW, we found the travel agents located within the Consulate building to be on the high side. They offer 'teaser' rates on their windows, but then they add in all the fees and commissions etc !!! Either find an agent outside of that venue, or try and negoiate directly with CZ and/or an agency at Baiyun, as we did. CZ also offers a more generous baggage weight allowance than many others now, e.g., UA. So don't forget to factor that in too.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

What if you were going to leave via Hong Kong, do you see this as an issue? This is a long way off for us, but she lives in Shenzhen and if you fly out from Hong Kong you can get a non-stop to Chicago. Then connect to Detroit.

Guest Rob & Jin

NRT is a really nice place for a stop-over, good amanities and you can smoke in the bars :yahoo: :yahoo: , not like those foresaken Cali airports , where you have to exit :yahoo:

I wouldn't worry too much about POE, I came through Newark my first time, very fast, Jin through LAX very fast. As stated JKF is the only one that will work authorize the I-94(if that matters).

Have fun :yahoo:

Thanks everyone for your answers, they are really helpful. I didnt knwo abotu JFK giving the 90 day EAD. thats great cuz I knwo my fiancee wants to work, i think its a good idea for her to, she can get otu meet new people and so forth. She is a very independant woman, she wont accept my offer of having her stay at home and do what she wants, i guess thats great.

i didnt think flying through interbational ariport was a problem thank you for the assurance. i think JAL will be oru coice, I really hear so mnay great things about that airline.

And I will be travelling along with my fiancee as i am currently in china with her now, I wouldnt leave her to do this all alone. Thanks everyone.

What if you were going to leave via Hong Kong, do you see this as an issue? This is a long way off for us, but she lives in Shenzhen and if you fly out from Hong Kong you can get a non-stop to Chicago. Then connect to Detroit.

This is the flight I always take. Non-stop and only 14 hours. We both plan to leave from there July the 5th

This is the flight I always take. Non-stop and only 14 hours. We both plan to leave from there July the 5th

Let me know how it works out for you. Is this her first flight with you to the US with a brad new visa?

I have taken this flight two times myself so I know it is a good way to get to Shenzhen.

Edited by Corbin (see edit history)