Chinese Beds in America

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nate,

I bought one of those comfort select beds so that we can select the level of comforts. I personally had to go buy a mattress pad at IKEA in Shanghai so that I could sleep. I remember as a kid I use to sleep on the floor but now I need some comfort.

I can vouch for the Comfort Select beds though.

I have a futon, but it is soft compared to a Chinese bed. My future daughter will sleep on a Cabela's outfitter's cot until we get her bedroom situated.

It will be interesting to see if she likes the space foam mattress I have for the cot.

;)

I had severe lower back pain a couple of months ago. The doctor said a firmer bed would help. So we tried each and every American retailer in the area and all of their firmest beds were considered "too soft". I ended up buying from a Chinese retailer. The mattress, made from palm trees, is as hard as a rock. It is so hard that I had to leave a blanket on the top of the mattress to serve as a "cushion".

I had a fairly soft padded mattress before my wife got here. She didn't like it at all. After a few months of her complaints, we had to go mattress shopping. I would lie on one in the store that felt hard as hell and she would lie on it and say "Too soft." ;) We went to five different stores before she finally found one that was firm enough.

I'm getting used to the new one and she complains now that she sleeps TOO well. Go figure. ;)

Wow, I hope my SO will adjust. I hate to think I have to buy another bed. I like mine firm with that space mattress topper. Sleep really well without any aches or pains.

If guess it's a hit and miss type of thing.

I hope to train her otherwise she maybe sleeping on the floor or a while :D (probably bad idea!)

It is probably more comfortable sleeping standing up! :o