China builds plant to turn coal into barrels of oil

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest Tony n Terrific

The first Chinese person to see a poision snake kills it. In the US, first thing you do is organize a committee on snakes. Then you bring in a lobbyist who knows a lot about snakes. The 3rd thing you do is let Congress turn this into a political football for all the special intrests and bleeding wondering generalities for 20 years.”

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080604/lf_nm/china_ctl_dc

The first Chinese person to see a poision snake kills it. In the US, first thing you do is organize a committee on snakes. Then you bring in a lobbyist who knows a lot about snakes. The 3rd thing you do is let Congress turn this into a political football for all the special intrests and bleeding wondering generalities for 20 years.?

Boy, you got that right!

The first Chinese person to see a poision snake kills it. In the US, first thing you do is organize a committee on snakes. Then you bring in a lobbyist who knows a lot about snakes. The 3rd thing you do is let Congress turn this into a political football for all the special intrests and bleeding wondering generalities for 20 years.?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080604/lf_nm/china_ctl_dc

You are right Tony.

The CO2 problem of the basic coal to liquid fuel process, as it is now defined, is enormous. Trapping the CO2 and eventually a process to convert the CO2 into fuel is still very experimental.

China, as a "developing nation", is likely to forge ahead without particular regard for the impact of CO2 release (my opinion). The world will at least initially give them a free pass based on devloping nation status.

America will continue research into coal conversion and a broad range of energy technology but behave in a much more responsible manner when it comes to the environment.

My money is on the US.

I agree with Senator Hatch, " We have as much oil in oil shale in Utah, Wyoming and Colorado as the rest of the world's oil combined. Liberals and environmentalists can talk all they want about wind, solar and geothermal - all of which I'm for - but last time I checked, planes, trains, trucks, ships and cars don't run on electricity. 98% of transportation fuel right now is oil. Ethanol is the only real alternative, and we're seeing that ethanol has major limitations.

It's pathetic. Environmentalists are very happy having us dependent on foreign oil. They're unhappy with us developing our own. What they forget to say is that shipping fuel all the way from the middle east has a big greenhouse gas footprint too."

Ya know, at some point the civilian leaders of this fine country...with self serving idiotic senior military leader's tongues in one ear...special interest lobbyist's tongues in the other ear, and with enviros up their ass ticklin' their prostates...forgot about "We the people" and they dropped trouser and bent over for "We the Special Interest".

Anyone have a readin' on how long the forests in america will hold out when firewood once again becomes the source of fuel for trains, home heating, automobiles.....oh wait a minute...the enviros...Hmmmm, maybe yaw can burn enviros for fuel. :blink:

Me? I'm on the DOS's forced ex-pat relocation program. I'll be layin' over yonder in Chinatucky in a hammock smokin' me a handrolled (by Chairman Moe hisowndamnself) ceegar. :beer: Thank ya Uncle Scam :lol:

tsap seui

Ya know, at some point the civilian leaders of this fine country...with self serving idiotic senior military leader's tongues in one ear...special interest lobbyist's tongues in the other ear, and with enviros up their ass ticklin' their prostates...forgot about "We the people" and they dropped trouser and bent over for "We the Special Interest".

Anyone have a readin' on how long the forests in america will hold out when firewood once again becomes the source of fuel for trains, home heating, automobiles.....oh wait a minute...the enviros...Hmmmm, maybe yaw can burn enviros for fuel. :blink:

Me? I'm on the DOS's forced ex-pat relocation program. I'll be layin' over yonder in Chinatucky in a hammock smokin' me a handrolled (by Chairman Moe hisowndamnself) ceegar. :beer: Thank ya Uncle Scam :lol:

tsap seui

I hate to tell ya tsap but all these enviro problems and more are gonna foller ya right over to Chinatucky. ;)

Me? I'm on the DOS's forced ex-pat relocation program. I'll be layin' over yonder in Chinatucky in a hammock smokin' me a handrolled (by Chairman Moe hisowndamnself) ceegar. ;) Thank ya Uncle Scam ;)

tsap seui

I hate to tell ya tsap but all these enviro problems and more are gonna foller ya right over to Chinatucky. ;)

Damn pesky americans and all their problems :lol: Will they take away my hammock and Chairman Moe ceegars too? :beer:

tsap seui

Back when the words were said ........We will land a man on the moon within 10 years Many people thought it was a crazy dream. We did it. We can do the same in energy IF we can get all the special interest people with their donations out of the way. Think of all the money we spend on just protecting the middle east oil supply that we need. You have Iran and Russia with a majority of the oil reserves and they are not too buddy buddy with us. What happens when russia decides to really bleed Europe for energy and wants a poltical policy to be included in that as blackmail .What will our reaction be.Along with throwing money at all these other countries that are not our friends so we can get our energy fix. This needs to be our No 1 top of the list on the to do list and very few if any one in washington until now understands this. Maybe they still do not get it. From Nixon through Bush hardly no action except raise taxes. That is not the solution .

Guest Mike and Lily

The CO2 problem of the basic coal to liquid fuel process, as it is now defined, is enormous. Trapping the CO2 and eventually a process to convert the CO2 into fuel is still very experimental.

China, as a "developing nation", is likely to forge ahead without particular regard for the impact of CO2 release (my opinion). The world will at least initially give them a free pass based on devloping nation status.

America will continue research into coal conversion and a broad range of energy technology but behave in a much more responsible manner when it comes to the environment.

My money is on the US.

Yeah, maybe we can develop cleaner processes, but will anyone allow us to use it. In a country where you can't build a nuclear power plant or an oil refinery, who is going to let you build that type of thing in the USA? Well, maybe we can sell it to China then! ;)

Yeah, maybe we can develop cleaner processes, but will anyone allow us to use it. In a country where you can't build a nuclear power plant or an oil refinery, who is going to let you build that type of thing in the USA? Well, maybe we can sell it to China then! :lol:

:lol: Good one Mike, damn good one!!!!! :sosad:

...China, as a "developing nation", is likely to forge ahead without particular regard for the impact of CO2 release (my opinion).

My money is on the US.

Mostly agree with you, Jim. ...but if we'd have been serious about it 30 years ago...there'd be no chance that China might lay claim to that technology ownership in the future.

I agree with Senator Hatch, " We have as much oil in oil shale in Utah, Wyoming and Colorado as the rest of the world's oil combined. Liberals and environmentalists can talk all they want about wind, solar and geothermal - all of which I'm for - but last time I checked, planes, trains, trucks, ships and cars don't run on electricity. 98% of transportation fuel right now is oil. Ethanol is the only real alternative, and we're seeing that ethanol has major limitations.

It's pathetic. Environmentalists are very happy having us dependent on foreign oil. They're unhappy with us developing our own. What they forget to say is that shipping fuel all the way from the middle east has a big greenhouse gas footprint too."

Ya, those damned liberal greenies--It ain't american to be against ruining stuff even if that stuff is our very own world!! I hate it when they try to make big buisiness and gov be responsible. Everyone knows that profit comes way before the people and that our right to consume is much more important than conserving anything for those who may follow us.

Damned environmental buffoons!!!