This is not good

I read this from another forum. I have not used my long distance phone company to call my fiance. If the Consulate asked me for the proof of the phone bills, what I would do?

"<SNIP> had her interview today, but there were problems. The

interviewer saw the phone calls from onesuite.com, but did not

believe that I only called China that much, and no one else. She

tried to tell him that that was an inexpensive service to call China,

but he was not listening. So, he wants a complete record of my

phone calls since we met, covering the last year.

Also, because I had a statement from my employer stating my monthly

salary, it was about 4k less than what I stated that I made last

year. Maybe they don't understand what is overtime. Now, she has to

bring them my tax records for the last 3 years.

No appointment is necessay for her to bring this info to them, but is

this a bit much? The hard part will be finding my phone bills from

the last year. Has this happened to anyone before? Regardless, we

hope to have all of this back to them by next week.

Sad but not broken,

<SNIP>"

It is against AAC policy to post outside that forum, please paraphase the info but don't use exact quote. I deleted the name.

--Tony

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this from another forum.  I have not used my long distance phone company to call my fiance.  If the Consulate asked me for the proof of the phone bills, what I would do?

Start calling! Bite the bullet and use your regular phone service. But first, check on long distance programs offered. I use Sprint. They have an international plan. I pay $7.99 a month and calls are 31 cents p/minute. If I exceed $50 in a billing cycle, the $7.99 is waived (as if I come in less than $50). Yeah...it's more expensive, but well worth the peace of mind. And, you won't be doing it for much longer.

I assume you've emailed back and forth. Make sure she has a record of the emails back and forth. My fiancee was smart at the beginning and suggested we both save them. I sent pages and pages of sent/received subject lines. I don't plan on letting them actually read any email. It's none of their business WHAT we said, just that we communicated.

You have other forms of proof. Chinese tourist visa(s), stamped passport, pictures together, letters, gifts, wire transactions, etc. Don't freak out too much. I'm sure you'll be fine. But, like I responded to that posting on the other board, OVERKILL IS OUR FRIEND.

If I remember right, you also got suck in customs. Maybe you saw I cleared. Write GZ today and see if you're in the system too. If so, you need to start getting this info together soon. P4 is just around the corner for you.

Good luck.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I hope GZ could send her the P3 & P4 as soon as possible. Also, I'd make a plan to go to GZ with her. I can't trust them anymore. I am using Yahoo voicechat feature now. We don't write too much emails anymore, because my fiance doesn't like emails.

Therefore, I think, being there with her in GZ will help. I would ask for more tips, in case something bad happened. I'd use all my power to make sure things go smoothly.

But, only God could make things done right though.

whoever, After what tparrent had to go through last week at the interview of his fiancee were the consulate wanted her to wait two more months for her visa. It seems the consulate is starting to put things that are not required, just to hold up visa's. Maybe it is time we all let our congressman or senators know about these things before it gets out of hand. I plan to meet with my congressman this Saturday and bring up tparrent's fight with the consulate. My papers were also hung up at customs and released July 21. I finally heard from the consulate yesterday that they needed clarification about something on the form and my fiancee's address in Chinese. If I hadn't written them every week, they may have delayed everything. We need to get help about the consulate interviwers.

Thanks Dave.  I hope GZ could send her the P3 & P4 as soon as possible.  Also, I'd make a plan to go to GZ with her.  I can't trust them anymore.  I am using Yahoo voicechat feature now.  We don't write too much emails anymore, because my fiance doesn't like emails.

Therefore, I think, being there with her in GZ will help.  I would ask for more tips, in case something bad happened.  I'd use all my power to make sure things go smoothly. 

But, only God could make things done right though.

I don't plan on going to GZ. I figure three meetings (our initial meeting plus two month long visits) in a year should be enough. Even if you go, make sure you have enough documentation to show how LONG you've know each other. I know, I know....like duh! We've petitioned a long time ago and have waited all this time. That should speak volumns. Gather the evidence you can and have faith. Overkill, buddy...overkill.

We do the same thing. No more emails. We use Yahoo too and have web cams. Don't forget you can save the chat when you are finished. I haven't done that. I figure I sent enough evidence to choke a horse.

okay.  Start saving chat logs.....

Bah, I never bothered that......

If I show our pre-wedding photos, would those be sufficient?

Don't worry. You'll be fine. If you've known your gal as long as I've known mine, you should have tons of evidence that you don't even realize you have. Be creative, thorough, and have faith.

Dave

man, I have lost my faith in America.  The only thing that makes me stay in America, probably is the money I make.  

Otherwise, I'd looking for some overseas adventures.

Now, I am stuck here.  I have to mortgage my house:(  Damn, the interests rates just went back up!!!! :(

America is good. It's just some of the people that screw it up. I would much rather live here than anywhere else. After seeing much of the world, we've got it made. Others know that too. Hence, all the fraud cases in trying to come over here.

Don't get me started on mortgages. Grrrrrrrr....just got off the phone. Three months and we still haven't closed. Why? The first gal in my case got canned. The guy who got my file did nothing until I called about it. Now, he's out sick for the last ten days. I called today and wanted to talk to a supervisor. Then some other guy tried to play it off that he saw the file and wanted to act on it. I called his bluff and told him I left a message with his boss. He sounded like :o when I reminded him of that.

Perhaps that's the problem here. People have lost the notion of customer service. It's just a job for them...they don't think about the impact their work has on others. So, the mortgage guys says he'll wave the processing fee. I said "fine," but what about all the extra interested I've paid needlessly. Funny...he sounded like :( . He forgot I'd be much happier having the service offered at the beginning of the deal.

Good luck and believe........don't ask my why you should. But, isn't that what faith is all about?

I think what happens at the interview and what they ask for is entirely up to the discretion of the interviewer. Further, I am also of the opinion that some degree of pre-screening goes on. Most likely, the visa officer looks through the paperwork of the folks he or she will be interviewing that day. My suggestion is to keep in mind what the visa officer is trying to ascertain: "Is this a legitimate relationship?". The background checks have nothing to do with this. Again, although it is not fair, granting or denying the visa is completely at the discretion of the visa officer.

I would suggest collecting whatever phone bills you can, also e-mail, greeting cards, photos, and anything else that you think will help establish your case. Unfortunatly, so much depends on the luck of the draw and which officer you get at the interview. Some are tougher than others. At our interview the officer asked only one question, did not look at any of the paperwork, looked at two photos and granted the visa. It was obvious he had read our case file because he opened the interview by saying, "You and your fiance live in China together, is that right?" (We had been living together in China for four years prior to the interview last August). So, again, it is obvious that they do pre-screen. What does this mean? Well, maybe one thing it means is that some officers have their minds made up prior to the interview. Again, not fair but probably a reality.

As for what they ask for and look at, it varies from day to day and officer to officer. On the day we were there, they actually asked two girls to sing songs in English. :( How this helped establish the legitimacy of the relationship is beyond me. But all the power is in their hands. So save those phone records, e-mails, letters, greeting cards, etc. etc. etc. Also, any photos you may have of you with her family would be great.

Good luck. When is your interview? :( :o