Petitions to Remove Conditions on Residence I 751

From visajourney.com, the above petitions are only going to be filed with the California or Vermont Service Centers.

Petitioners who live in the following states or territories should file their Form I-751 with the California Service Center (CSC): Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. The mailing address for CSC is:

USCIS

California Service Center

P.O. Box10751

Laguna Niguel, California 92607-0751

Petitioners who live in the following states or territories should file their form I-751 with the Vermont Service Center (VSC): Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Washington, D.C., Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, and West Virginia. The mailing address for VSC is:

USCIS

Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden St.

St. Albans, Vermont 05479-0001

Until USCIS says otherwise, the I-751 directions still say this:

I-751 gets sent to the service center having jurisdiction over where you live.

Where to File :

File at the Service Center with jurisdiction over your state of residence.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Where to File?

If you live in Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virgin Islands, Virginia or West Virginia, mail your petition to:

USCIS Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

If you live in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee or Texas, mail your petition to:

USCIS Texas Service Center

P.O. Box 850965,

Mesquite, TX 75185-0965

If you live in Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii or Nevada, mail your petition to:

USCIS California Service Center

P.O. Box 10751

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0751

If you live elsewhere in the United States mail your petition to:

USCIS Nebraska Service Center

P.O. Box 87751

Lincoln, NE 68501-7751

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-751instr.pdf

Sent my wife's I-751 in on the 17th of May and sent it to TX in accordance with the instructions on the form. They received it on the 20th. I guess it will be making the trip to Vermont since we live in New Mexico.

It seems the documents we file travel more miles than we ever will.

Hello everybody.

I know this might not be the right place for the question but I publish it here because it is urgent and I really can't find a better place for it.

Here is the question:

My mother filed the I-751 in April and then went back to China to take care of some important affairs. A few days after she left, the Receipt Notice (a document saying that the green card is extended for one year) was delivered. Because she has planned to come back in July and her conditional green card expires in June, we consulted with the attorney and she said it would be OK for her to come back with the expired green card accompanied by the Receipt Notice. So our original plan was easy: I send the receipt notice to her and she comes back with it.

Now here is the confusing thing: I called the USCIS Customer Service just now and a representative said this: my mother should have received the Receipt Notice and brought it with her to a local USCIS office to get a stamp put on her passport, BEFORE leaving the US, so as to be able to reenter the US with the Receipt Notice, and otherwise, the Receipt Notice would be no good.

So, what shall we do? Has anyone had similar experiences before?

Thank you in advance for your answer! Will really appreciate it!

From visajourney.com, the above petitions are only going to be filed with the California or Vermont Service Centers.

Petitioners who live in the following states or territories should file their Form I-751 with the California Service Center (CSC): Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. The mailing address for CSC is:

USCIS

California Service Center

P.O. Box10751

Laguna Niguel, California 92607-0751

Petitioners who live in the following states or territories should file their form I-751 with the Vermont Service Center (VSC): Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Washington, D.C., Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, and West Virginia. The mailing address for VSC is:

USCIS

Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden St.

St. Albans, Vermont 05479-0001

MRMC

Have you recieved your NOA1 yet I am still waiting.

Hello everybody.

I know this might not be the right place for the question but I publish it here because it is urgent and I really can't find a better place for it.

Here is the question:

My mother filed the I-751 in April and then went back to China to take care of some important affairs. A few days after she left, the Receipt Notice (a document saying that the green card is extended for one year) was delivered. Because she has planned to come back in July and her conditional green card expires in June, we consulted with the attorney and she said it would be OK for her to come back with the expired green card accompanied by the Receipt Notice. So our original plan was easy: I send the receipt notice to her and she comes back with it.

Now here is the confusing thing: I called the USCIS Customer Service just now and a representative said this: my mother should have received the Receipt Notice and brought it with her to a local USCIS office to get a stamp put on her passport, BEFORE leaving the US, so as to be able to reenter the US with the Receipt Notice, and otherwise, the Receipt Notice would be no good.

Whoever you spoke with at USCIS gave you some misinformation. I have read of many people on VJ not having any problems re-entering the USA with the letter and expired GC, NO I-551 stamp in passport.

What the operator on the phone indicated is a recommendation to get the I-551 stamp, just in case for some reason the letter were to get lost.

I would make photo copies of the letter, and send original and copy to your mother. And keep a copy safe just in case something gets lost.

Hello everybody.

Here is the question:

Most service centers are no longer giving the stamp. My wife recently traveled to China on the expired visa with her I-751 receipt. She had no problems!

Hello everybody.

Here is the question:

Most service centers are no longer giving the stamp. My wife recently traveled to China on the expired visa with her I-751 receipt. She had no problems!

Really we are still waiting for the reciept now about 12 weeks what do you think the odds are if they will send a copy and if no copy and no stamp then what?

Thank you very much, dnoblett, for you answer and suggestion. And thank you Trigg. You two have really given me a relief.

And to se_lang:

My mother's Receipt Notice came in only a little more than two weeks after she filed the I-751. If it has been 12 weeks and you are still waiting for the receipt, I recommend calling the USCIS to find out why it has taken so long. They make mistakes.

Thank you very much, dnoblett, for you answer and suggestion. And thank you Trigg. You two have really given me a relief.

And to se_lang:

My mother's Receipt Notice came in only a little more than two weeks after she filed the I-751. If it has been 12 weeks and you are still waiting for the receipt, I recommend calling the USCIS to find out why it has taken so long. They make mistakes.

This is the USCIS they never make mistakes only excuses, I did call them they said the system is about 15 weeks behind schedule, so I am waiting, just a little bit longer to here the next excuse.

• 2 weeks later...

And to se_lang:

This is the USCIS they never make mistakes only excuses, I did call them they said the system is about 15 weeks behind schedule, so I am waiting, just a little bit longer to here the next excuse.

We had our infopass appt and she got a stamp in her passport. I also asked about applying for citizenship and they said we can apply when she is eligible however it will be placed on hold until she has her 10yr GC issued, what a messed up system.