If it's a detailed Evolution of Relationship letter your talking about, it doesn't hurt to send it in advance, they won't have the time to read it during the interview, but is does give them better insight into you relationship. My EOR is 4 pages.

I wouldn't send anything via email to GUZ in any attempt to 'help your petition'. If you need to reschedule the interview, or have a specific question about the case after P-3 has been sent to yer lass, then sure, email it.

For 'evolution of relationship' - handwritten and notarized is best, have it IN her hands during the interview, only give it if it's asked for, or hang on to it should it become the topic for a blue slip overcome.

But hey - that's just my opinion. YMMV.

i tell you....i have never gotten anything more than what seems to me to be a computer generated response to all the emails i have ever sent to them...all seem like a very generic reply....if you have questions of a general nature that you cannot find in the cfl forums that are not specific to your case, you will have more luck asking in the GUZ Speaks forum....if you think sending emails to GUZ will help move your case along a little more quickly, then i think you will be wasting your time

I sent GUZ a very specific question about our case, and they ignored me.

I waited the 5-10 work days as specified, and followed up with a second email referencing the first email and repeating my question.

They replied to the second email, and told me that they could not verify from my email that I was the petitioner, and to fax them my name, address, case number, applicants name, applicants birthday, question, and sign it.

They would then reply to me via snail mail to the address I had on my case.

In truth, I appreciate their concern for my confidentiality.

Based on this experience, I would think very little can be achieved via email.

With email, fraudulent information would be too easy to provide to the consulate, and impossible to track.

I can imagine that a mean person could even pretend to be the applicant, or petitioner and provide bad information to cause trouble.

All in all, I think email is a bad way to get anything but the most general information from the consulate.

This is from my experience only.

My wife's reasoning starts from her talks with the 001 ladies.

Mostly after we have waited so long to get to this point, she is concerned with a "not a bonafide relationship" during the interview. I have the concerns also, it seems you never know what to expect at the interview. But I feel we will simply move forward and pray expect the best.

Mostly after we have waited so long to get to this point, she is concerned with a "not a bonafide relationship" during the interview. I have the concerns also, it seems you never know what to expect at the interview. But I feel we will simply move forward and pray expect the best.

Brother Charles you two will have been married for over 2 years by the time of the interview. As long as all the documents are in order I highly doubt you will be rejected as non bona fide. Give them what they ask for and you will be fine. ;)

Brother Charles you two will have been married for over 2 years by the time of the interview. As long as all the documents are in order I highly doubt you will be rejected as non bona fide. Give them what they ask for and you will be fine. :)

I agree with you, but yyou know when Lao Po gets all concerned, it makes you start thinking "stuff"... I tell her not to worry, but when I get off the phone.... ;)

By the way, next month we will be married 2 years :)

Thanks for the encouragement Brother C B)

:rolleyes:

Brother Charles you two will have been married for over 2 years by the time of the interview. As long as all the documents are in order I highly doubt you will be rejected as non bona fide. Give them what they ask for and you will be fine. :)

I agree with you, but yyou know when Lao Po gets all concerned, it makes you start thinking "stuff"... I tell her not to worry, but when I get off the phone.... :unsure:

rolling my eyes as i write this...my gal is also an avid 001 member/reader....and it is utterly amazing how many believe everything they read there....just as if God wrote it himself...don't take me wrong, i am thankful for somethings in the 001...was my gal finding 001, and then learning of the existence of cfl and telling me about this that i came to be a member here...and the 001 also prodded her to realize the urgency of getting certain documents and procedures...but it also has its flip side...the side where rumors somehow seem to become GUZ mandates and S.O.P.....so...anything she tells me from 001, i take with a grain of salt and then double check here in the cfl....is much like her latest "finding" in 001...in 001 they are all pretty much in agreement that GUZ only assigns interview dates on the 15 of each month...so now she is convinced that we will get our interview date at the 15th of june or 15th of july

Brother Charles you two will have been married for over 2 years by the time of the interview. As long as all the documents are in order I highly doubt you will be rejected as non bona fide. Give them what they ask for and you will be fine. :unsure:

I agree with you, but yyou know when Lao Po gets all concerned, it makes you start thinking "stuff"... I tell her not to worry, but when I get off the phone.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the encouragement Brother C :)

JMHO. Write up a nice letter of the evolution of your relationship, show it to her and send it. I agree with others that it probably won't make a whit of difference to GUZ. But it probably will to her. Isn't that what counts? B)

Brother Charles you two will have been married for over 2 years by the time of the interview. As long as all the documents are in order I highly doubt you will be rejected as non bona fide. Give them what they ask for and you will be fine. :unsure:

I agree with you, but yyou know when Lao Po gets all concerned, it makes you start thinking "stuff"... I tell her not to worry, but when I get off the phone.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the encouragement Brother C :)

JMHO. Write up a nice letter of the evolution of your relationship, show it to her and send it. I agree with others that it probably won't make a whit of difference to GUZ. But it probably will to her. Isn't that what counts? B)

I agree with Dave on this one brother. Make her happy. ;)

Brother Charles you two will have been married for over 2 years by the time of the interview. As long as all the documents are in order I highly doubt you will be rejected as non bona fide. Give them what they ask for and you will be fine. B)

By the way, next month we will be married 2 years ;)

Happy Anniversary in advance Brother C!! :)

I feel more thankful each day that my wife does not read 001. :) She has ideas of her own instead. :unsure: :)

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)