OT - Guangzhou.. then Russia

Sorry: I forgot the " OT" thing .. Can't edit those post headers I suppose....

I was planning a biz trip to China ( probably with Yuhui ) next October- November.. We ( my company ) have a customer in Russia I need to visit..so I planned to go see him when I go to Poland in September.. Thought the dude was near Moscow ( I started with the company only recently ) , or at the very least west of the Ourals .... Wrong.... He's in Khabarovsk, north of Vladisvostok, on the border of NE Heliongjang province...So that would be a China-Russia trip... That should be cool ! Well, literally :wub:

Don't think Yuhui can get a Russian visa easy though..

Someone sends me an Atlas ! :P

Hi Eric,

Believ it or not I taught English in Khaborovsk back in 1995. Yes, During the winter. It's not too bad - cold but not a lot of snow. Lots of Chinese influence/products there.

As far as Visas, the process for Yuhui is identical to yours. The "invitation" that will be required for you could just as easily include her. Chinese regularly cross the border into this part of Russia anyway without visas - but her visa would no more or less difficult to get than yours.

Need a translator????? :)

dave

Eric,

Don't know if you can or if you've been....

Try to go in January and hit the ice festival in Harbin. We went last year and it was amazing. We were their for the opening night. Fireworks and all. But, you're right....it's cold. -5 F by day; -25 at night (without windchill). Burrrrrrrrr.....

Enjoy!

Try to go in January and hit the ice festival in Harbin.

Hell noo ! I live in FL remember ?? ;)

I want warmth and palm trees...

Seriously, the trip will take place in Oct-Nov.... Need to go back to Shanghai in April too, for a trade show... I'll try and enlist the wifey.. ( that would be her 8th with me .. ;) ) .. Aaaah.... LOOOOVE !!!

Try to go in January and hit the ice festival in Harbin.

Hell noo ! I live in FL remember ?? ;)

I want warmth and palm trees...

Seriously, the trip will take place in Oct-Nov.... Need to go back to Shanghai in April too, for a trade show... I'll try and enlist the wifey.. ( that would be her 8th with me .. ;) ) .. Aaaah.... LOOOOVE !!!

Eric.......

Dude! Don't argue with me about heat. You're a pro, but I'm the master. Now it's 109 F at 4:30 PM in Vegas. I'll take your humid, warm weather and pit it against desert heat anytime. I'm sure you love your weather as I do mine. Of course, if we switched places, we'd die in each other's element.

Bottom line? For us spoiled ones living is the realm of beautiful sights, wonderful food, and great people....don't put us in the Artic wasteland of the North. If you do, just don't give us a loaded weapon. After an hour in that cold, the metal of the gun freezes to the flesh of the hand and you start thinking what the worse outcome might be. ;)

Okay...just joking. No one needs to send the police to my house. I'm okay. Really. I'll take my meds now. I'll be okay in about 45 minutes. It's just those voices. Wished they go away. Maybe someday. I'll see the doctor tomorrow and get this damn alien implant removed. But, I digress................

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Hey!!

The wind in Khabarovsk will kill you in the winter!!! The snow and ice stay on the ground all winter (well, at least when it starts!!). I have a couple of good friends in Khabarovsk!!!

There's a central city museum there that 1 of my young friend's father runs.

Real close to China!

Al