300 days since our interview

Your caustic experience, combined with other's caustic experiences, had caused me to seriously consider forming a watchdog organization to be active in Guangzhou.

I had fleshed it all out to the point of having the paperwork ready to file as a NGO (non-governmental organization) and fleshed out the fundraising campaign, and even made a short list of who i would consider as officers of the organization, and the basic criteria for the field workers.

I even found office space inside of 'that' building as well.

My bottom line goal was to make sure that cases similar to yours would have an immediate chance for secondary review within the same week of initial blue-slip issuance.

I haven't given up on any of this, I've made some progress, but now I have had to set it aside for other pressing business and financial matters.

There is high interest in Guangzhou for this type of NGO to exist, and yes, there are still hurdles to overcome with some operational procedures and privacy-act issues . But they are not insurmountable.

Thank you for pissing me off enough to want to do something about it, and thank you for pissing me off enough to DO something about it. Future Time will Tell, but Past Time (yours) has spurred me into action.

Be Well, and Well Rested, my anonymous friend.

Darnell -

Whenever you get back around to making this real, or if you need some more hands working to keep it rolling while youre dealing with the other business and financial matters that you mention, call on me. I'm itching to throw a little speed bump in the way of these stuffed-shirt, little tin gods. If you havent already nailed down the name of this NGO, I think it would be great to call it the Rabbit Protection Agency - anyone asks, we can direct them to tsap ;)

Rabbit Protection Agency...I like the sound of that Jim :Dah: Darnell may have something here. Those DOS folks have their own lil' empire there and pretty much change the rules as they please......all for the good and safety of america mind you :D

Someone PM'd me the other day and asked me the question: What do you call a busload of Guangzhou VO's at the bottom of the Pearl River? A good start. :P

tsap seui

Now don't go polluting the Pearl River any more than it already is!! :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I

Hello tsap seui,

Richard and I like reading your post very much. We also talk about your situation... we hope everything will be well for your SO, son and you! Does your SO live in north-east of China? I am living and working in Harbin.

We are very sad to know the process of waiting for visa of your SO. But what we feel happy is your relationship has been getting stronger!

Nothing or nobody will stop both of you unless either of you want to give up...

Take care please.

Tell your SO and son be happy because you truely love them...

Amanda from Harbin, China

Amanda, thank you for your words. I read you and Richards posts about your time together and it's very touching to see the love that you two have for each other, and to see your story unfold as you both prepare for this upcoming visa journey. Your first weeks together is something you both will always remember.

My fiancee and I often reflect back to our meeting in Beijing and the four days we spent there seing the sights and getting to know each other before heading up north to her home city. It was there in Beijing that we both saw that we had the start of something very special and that our love for each other was something vastly greater than either one of us ever anticipated with our first e-mails. It is apparent that you and Richard both have seen and are experiencing the same feelingswith Richard's first trip.

I truly hope that as you two start the paperwork and the filling out of the forms to start you application and work towards your upcoming interview that the experience my love and I have had with our interview doesn't frighten you too much.

I must say, while a little fear can be healthy and will help you both to make sure you do everything you can to have all of your initial evidence and paperwork in order, please don't let our experience cast a pall over your thoughts as you prepare. You and Richard will be just fine and you will do very well with your interview. Your dream WILL come true.

There is a great family here on Candle who will gladly help you with advice on getting the initial application together and answer any questions you may have. Study David Z's FAQ's and ask questions here.

Don't send in your initial application until you are certain you have provided every single bit of information and evidence from this first trip that you can. Don't be afraid to sound out your application here before sending it in.

I wish I could tell you what we did wrong so that my mistakes could help you and others. I am not being arrogant when I say, I don't know what went wrong. I only have speculation and conjecture as to Guangzhou's problem is with us.

I'll be posting on Middle KIngdom or Our Storys as I move over later this year so I can stay in touch, so I won't be a stranger.

I'll PM you and Richard with the city my fiancee lives in.

Good luck and enjoy your precious time together.

tsap seui

Now don't go polluting the Pearl River any more than it already is!! :unsure:

I hear ya Cuzin'...they'd have to shut down every city down stream from that horrible "Made In america" toxic mess. :cheering:

tsap seui

Now don't go polluting the Pearl River any more than it already is!! :lol:

I hear ya Cuzin'...they'd have to shut down every city down stream from that horrible "Made In america" toxic mess. :)

tsap seui

tsap seui,

I feel for you and your new family. Let me know if you need some help later in the construction field as I have alot of contacts in that arena in Beijing and Shanghai. My partner has just got a contract with a Japanese firm which is investing on a 250 home project. He had also volunteered his time on building new roads since the quake. Giving us more political clout later. I am also planning on purchasing another home when I go back in late July, early August. Yes, flipping houses are a great investment right now in China, just be careful as to who you are dealing with first. There is a scam there too. I purchased a home last year and have already tripled my money. Received a tip about a rail system going in close to the new development area in which I purchased a home. It has skyrocketed since the announcement was made recently..It is who you know. Maybe on my next business trip, we can meet up and take you and your family out to dinner. Treat you to a VIP dining.....Great happiness to you and your new family. Yes, I am planning to retire in Shanghai in the near future. Keep in touch with us.....Jim

Edited by jimncherry (see edit history)

Why do I smell 3rd party interference here?

:lol: I seriously doubt that any of us are gonna have to take a bite of that DOS "turd" that my fiancee and I were given to understand if TPI was involved in our case or not. :D The scent alone will knock you out.

Only 1 person alive in her city in China, outside of the immediate family, knew about me. If we ever find out that TPI was involved, that lucky person may well lose their business, as we've got the time, the dime, and what goes around quite often comes around. ;)

Quite honestly I must say, while TPI COULD be the problem, I don't seriously think it is. My trips to China were almost downright clandestine and very low key and that friend's jealousy would have to be much larger than their brain and thoughts of their livihood, if this was TPI.

I can't go into any specifics on our case at this time, I can say, we are clean and honest people who have done nothing wrong and who never tried to play games with the consulate with our answers on any paperwork...even when given some very unethical advice on Candle, we were totally honest. :D

The real culprit, DOS profiling, and quiet simply, a desire to quickly live together is most likely what has hurt us.

There is no weapon against profiling...NONE!!

My advice to a person looking to start an application for someone they've found love with....and this is only from extreme 20/20 buttsight as a veteran of the process.

I know many have been successful with a K-1, yet, in 2008 I have seen about as many pass on a K-1 as I have e-mails and personal knkowledge of others who didn't. I love Candle, but the success rate of what is posted on Candle is NOT representive of what is going on in Guangzhou,...undoubtly many many more lurkers on Candle that you never hear about, than posters.

You want the most surefire method of combating profiling and not having that ugly head of the DOS's catch all phrase of " did not prove a bona fide relationship"?

Forget the K-1 visa.

Forget trying to quickly file after the first trip.

Forget trying to quickly live together.

Go over and meet the woman and don't quickly jump into an application as soon as you return.

Wait until the second visit, your marriage on that trip, and make your K-3 or CR-1 application after you return from that trip.

Too simple :D

I have, and have had, since the second trip, a bona fide relationship with my woman and son. We have now lost 10 months in blue slip AP and were never given a chance to prove our bona fide relationship.

Now, I have been given the adventure and pleasure of moving to China

so I can live my bona fide relationship with my family, and :D to prove it to Uncle Scams Goobers in Guangzhou ONCE AND FOREVER!! ;)

In mid June, the adventure will begin ;) as I drive my '56 DeSoto to Chinatucky and start living out my bona fide relationship with my family...just like we should have been living 10 months ago. ;)

Maybe in late 2009, 2010, or 2011 the lil' rabbit will get to come over and take america for a test drive....if'n the Chinese haven't pulled the bank's plug on america just yet. Know wudda mean? :)

Thanks for yaw's concern for us, I greatly appreaciate it.

While I am sorry to have been hangin' out here and scaring people with our long drawn out battle for the DOS to do the right thang, and utimately gettin' an underserved white slip after 10 months...I'll assure ya...me n' my dear lil' Chinatucky Belle and our handsome Chinabilly son are gonna be just fine.

See...we've got us'n a TRUE BONA FIDE RELATIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!

tsap seui

Pain happens

Happiness is optional

Me? I'ma checking the box that says HAPPINESS __X___

Why do I smell 3rd party interference here?

:blink: I seriously doubt that any of us are gonna have to take a bite of that DOS "turd" that my fiancee and I were given to understand if TPI was involved in our case or not. :D The scent alone will knock you out.

Only 1 person alive in her city in China, outside of the immediate family, knew about me. If we ever find out that TPI was involved, that lucky person may well lose their business, as we've got the time, the dime, and what goes around quite often comes around. ;)

Quite honestly I must say, while TPI COULD be the problem, I don't seriously think it is. My trips to China were almost downright clandestine and very low key and that friend's jealousy would have to be much larger than their brain and thoughts of their livihood, if this was TPI.

I can't go into any specifics on our case at this time, I can say, we are clean and honest people who have done nothing wrong and who never tried to play games with the consulate with our answers on any paperwork...even when given some very unethical advice on Candle, we were totally honest. :D

The real culprit, DOS profiling, and quiet simply, a desire to quickly live together is most likely what has hurt us.

There is no weapon against profiling...NONE!!

My advice to a person looking to start an application for someone they've found love with....and this is only from extreme 20/20 buttsight as a veteran of the process.

I know many have been successful with a K-1, yet, in 2008 I have seen about as many pass on a K-1 as I have e-mails and personal knkowledge of others who didn't. I love Candle, but the success rate of what is posted on Candle is NOT representive of what is going on in Guangzhou,...undoubtly many many more lurkers on Candle that you never hear about, than posters.

You want the most surefire method of combating profiling and not having that ugly head of the DOS's catch all phrase of " did not prove a bona fide relationship"?

Forget the K-1 visa.

Forget trying to quickly file after the first trip.

Forget trying to quickly live together.

Go over and meet the woman and don't quickly jump into an application as soon as you return.

Wait until the second visit, your marriage on that trip, and make your K-3 or CR-1 application after you return from that trip.

Too simple :D

I have, and have had, since the second trip, a bona fide relationship with my woman and son. We have now lost 10 months in blue slip AP and were never given a chance to prove our bona fide relationship.

Now, I have been given the adventure and pleasure of moving to China

so I can live my bona fide relationship with my family, and :lol: to prove it to Uncle Scams Goobers in Guangzhou ONCE AND FOREVER!! ;)

In mid June, the adventure will begin :) as I drive my '56 DeSoto to Chinatucky and start living out my bona fide relationship with my family...just like we should have been living 10 months ago. :D

Maybe in late 2009, 2010, or 2011 the lil' rabbit will get to come over and take america for a test drive....if'n the Chinese haven't pulled the bank's plug on america just yet. Know wudda mean? :)

Thanks for yaw's concern for us, I greatly appreaciate it.

While I am sorry to have been hangin' out here and scaring people with our long drawn out battle for the DOS to do the right thang, and utimately gettin' an underserved white slip after 10 months...I'll assure ya...me n' my dear lil' Chinatucky Belle and our handsome Chinabilly son are gonna be just fine.

See...we've got us'n a TRUE BONA FIDE RELATIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!

tsap seui

Pain happens

Happiness is optional

Me? I'ma checking the box that says HAPPINESS __X___

Tsap Seui,

like many have written, i'm so sorry for all of the anguish, frustration, and sadness you and your fiancee have been through. good luck to you in china! it will be great getting to really know your fiancee's culture and family. i've been living in china for the last year or so and it's been a special time for us. i wish you guys all the happiness in the world! i thought you might be interested in this link listing the countries that PRC passport holders can travel to without a visa:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_..._China_passport

good luck and safe travels!

p.s. your sense of humor in the midst of hardship is truly inspirational, have you thought of writing a memoir while in china? travel memoirs, especially ones with a voice and perspective as funny and honest as yours, are hot right now and i think there would be a large audience for your writing!

Guest Mike and Lily

Tsap, without a doubt, your case is the cruelest and saddest I have ever heard. Most white slips are issued the same day. And most VO's maintain a professional demeanor about them. You have had it the worst. They make you wait 300 days just to tell you this. They could have done that the same day, but for some reason GUZ wanted to inflict as much pain and suffering as they possibly could. Do you have any powerful enemies in the US government? I just wonder why they inflicted what seems like a very personal attack on you and your fiancee. I think you are making the right decision if you really want to be with your future wife. I would likely feel just as jaded about our govenment process in this matter if I had gone through what you and your fiancee have. I wish you the best of luck and great happiness in your move to China.

Tsap, without a doubt, your case is the cruelest and saddest I have ever heard. Most white slips are issued the same day. And most VO's maintain a professional demeanor about them. You have had it the worst. They make you wait 300 days just to tell you this. They could have done that the same day, but for some reason GUZ wanted to inflict as much pain and suffering as they possibly could. Do you have any powerful enemies in the US government? I just wonder why they inflicted what seems like a very personal attack on you and your fiancee. I think you are making the right decision if you really want to be with your future wife. I would likely feel just as jaded about our govenment process in this matter if I had gone through what you and your fiancee have. I wish you the best of luck and great happiness in your move to China.

Mike, thanks for your thoughts, and looking for answers. I don't have any enemies in Uncle Scam's government and, actually, I've got a pretty good friend that is in the House of Rep's, on Capitol Hill, from California, Congressman John Doolittle, and his wife. We are on a first name basis. His office, at his encouragement, could not even help us at all.

Do I feel picked on? No.

Our case was extremely mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausting. But I don't feel picked on or singled out for punishment.

I DO feel profiled, and for nothing more serious, and even LESS seriously, than what many many couples that have been successful with short interviews and walked together off the plane into america hand in hand, had.

What, exactly, it was, we'll probably never know...other than...pure negligence by the americans on the DOS staff.

Their negligence? They NEVER asked for, at both the interview, and later when they could, for 300 days, have asked us for as overcome evidence of a bona fide relationship. Most of what bona fide relationship we had to offer was thrown onto the floor in utter disgust by the VO. We were NEVER given a chance to prove ourselves.

You know of anyone else that got asked 31 questions at an interview? Look at those questions, what were they looking for that DIDN'T PROVE a bona fide relationship?

It's just all about luck and it's highly arbitrary...in the real world a person would think that a person that got asked 31 questions, and she answered them correctly, knew a whole lot more about her fiancee than someone that got asked 2 or 3. :D

On the positive side...we've been given 10 more months of a DOS (the jerks have had to deal with us for 10 months since the interview and we have an 11 months or so timeline up until the interview) provable bona fide relationship than we had before the interview.

With the stress of what we've been drug through and survived intact and together since we've been to american government hell and back and we WELL know how each other acts when the pressure cooker is on full blast and the chips are down...no surprises, in that department, in america...or China for us. ;)

On another point, I have e-mails from people that have endured 8 and 9 months of DOS bullshit before a white slip...6 of them...and our case isn't really anymore harsh than a lot of what other people such as Charles have suffered from Guangzhou. Ya just don't hear about it here on Candle.

And, lest we forget, look at what the Goons in Guangzhou did to Rhiems fiancee and to Steve and Ying....downright CRIMINAL.

We'll make it just fine, we're tough, and we're in "adult" love, and we've got us a beautiful...bona fide relationship. :) Only an idiot couldn't see that!! :D

Point....

tsap seui

TS

I admire your strength......I guess your service to our country steeled you....

I would be utterly sickened by what happened to you and your SO.

I know this will turn out to be a blessing........take what you got and multiple it.....make a gozzillion $ in China....the next century of prosperity.

Tsap

I'm a little late in responding, but I read every word of your story. You have been supportive of me and others. You deserve the same. I, too, have had a taste of these "Power Hungry" souls who are placed in very powerful positions. Some day, some time, they will be accountable for the "hurt" they have caused innocent people who are trying to lawfully get through this process. I truly believe that things do happen for reasons which we may not know, but will become clear to us at a later time. Good luck to you and your wife. You will be successful and you will be happy. Ron

Tsap

I'm a little late in responding, but I read every word of your story. You have been supportive of me and others. You deserve the same. I, too, have had a taste of these "Power Hungry" souls who are placed in very powerful positions. Some day, some time, they will be accountable for the "hurt" they have caused innocent people who are trying to lawfully get through this process. I truly believe that things do happen for reasons which we may not know, but will become clear to us at a later time. Good luck to you and your wife. You will be successful and you will be happy. Ron

Wow Ron, with those few sentences you've said some pretty powerful words. Your words, with their infinite, and timeless, truth and message in them, have given me a reinforcement that is so nice to hear from another as it is the same endlessly looped message that plays in my mind and keeps me from falling into the senseless and totally useless trap of a bitter and angry man. Thanks.

That dear lil' rabbit and I have had our love and relationship put to the extreme test of fire, yet, here we stand holding hands from afar, unscathed by a scorch mark on either of us.

I don't pretend to understand any of this but I do know that it has shown us clearly our commitment to each other. We've been given a strength and a bond that will help our love and relationship last forever.

With a tear in my eye and a smile on my face, I guess I could humbly say...we've been given a gift. :ph34r:

It is now up to us to take this gift to it's fullest and most loving limits.

tsap seui

TS

I wish you godspeed in taking this "gift to its fullest and most loving limits". Show GZH and the rest of us what it means to love to the limit. Be a testimony to the power of love to transform. You have showed us already what perseverance in love looks like. And if thats not what the heart of marriage is about, then I don't know what enduring love is. Your devotion to your SO is a gift for all of us. Thank you for that.

Marc

Tsap

Wow Ron, with those few sentences you've said some pretty powerful words. Your words, with their infinite, and timeless, truth and message in them, have given me a reinforcement that is so nice to hear from another as it is the same endlessly looped message that plays in my mind and keeps me from falling into the senseless and totally useless trap of a bitter and angry man. Thanks.

That dear lil' rabbit and I have had our love and relationship put to the extreme test of fire, yet, here we stand holding hands from afar, unscathed by a scorch mark on either of us.

I don't pretend to understand any of this but I do know that it has shown us clearly our commitment to each other. We've been given a strength and a bond that will help our love and relationship last forever.

With a tear in my eye and a smile on my face, I guess I could humbly say...we've been given a gift. :ph34r:

It is now up to us to take this gift to it's fullest and most loving limits.

tsap seui

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Tsap.......I've been busy and out of touch lately, and just read this entire post. I dont think I can say anything more than what has already been said except for one little tidbit.....

............dont ferget the terlet seat!!!! :)

Hey ol' buddy....the stress is over. I am now gettin' ready to kick back and hang my hammock between two trees somewhere in downtown Chinatucky as I have been placed in the Department of State's...

"Patriot Forced Relocation Program"

Point of Entry: Beijing

No worries, mate!! ;)

tsap seui

Have terlet seat

Will travel