Best places to live in China

No doubt...Zhuhai, Guangdong! :)

Hello:

Zuhai is one of the places that interested me the most. I like to know a little bit more about it. Were you travelling? Is your wife/gf from there? I heard it is a beautiful tourist town. Is it expensive? How much would the rent for a 1 and 2 br apartment be?

How would you compare it with the nearby city, Zhongshou (sp?), and GUZ itself?

Thanks. . . . Ken88

Zhuhai was one of the places that we were interested in for a time also. Good properties in good locations are VERY EXPENSIVE... :huh: to buy...I would assume that rentals go along with that but still since we're talking China they probably are quite affordable...We have been watching a program about Hong Kong and last night they talked a bit about real estate prices... Laopo informed me that what we had paid for our 162 m2, 13th floor (top) house in Yunnan would buy us exactly ONE SQUARE METER in Hong Kong... :o :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After purchasing my home in Zhongshan, I took a ride to Zhuhai. I really didn't see what was so good about it as some others say. It was crowded and a humongous amount of buildings row after row. The ocean was filthy with a lot of things floating in the water. Also, the air was extremely dirty. From what I could tell, this looks like a party town. There are many beautiful women there. My wife tells me that they are seeking employment with fashion model magazines and such in Macao. She said they were hoping to get discovered.

All in all, I saw nothing nice a bout Zhuhai in the slightest. But that is just me. I prefer less crowded, clean streets, clean air, and a lot of trees. Zhongshan is where I will hang my hat.

One of our members here named Orrin told me that he lived in Zhongshan for a while. He said that while Zhongshan was a very nice city, the party life wasn't much there so he moved to Zhuhai.

After purchasing my home in Zhongshan, I took a ride to Zhuhai. I really didn't see what was so good about it as some others say. It was crowded and a humongous amount of buildings row after row. The ocean was filthy with a lot of things floating in the water. Also, the air was extremely dirty. From what I could tell, this looks like a party town. There are many beautiful women there. My wife tells me that they are seeking employment with fashion model magazines and such in Macao. She said they were hoping to get discovered.

All in all, I saw nothing nice a bout Zhuhai in the slightest. But that is just me. I prefer less crowded, clean streets, clean air, and a lot of trees. Zhongshan is where I will hang my hat.

One of our members here named Orrin told me that he lived in Zhongshan for a while. He said that while Zhongshan was a very nice city, the party life wasn't much there so he moved to Zhuhai.

Chilton: In your opinion, Zhongshan is a better place to live for a family than Zuhai? I am not much of a party animal anyway !

What is the population? How much would you expect to pay for rentals? I would be renting for 1-2 years before I think of buying. Every town has expensive apts; but I am looking for a medium type. How much would it cost to buy, per square foot? I am sure that your property must have gone up in value by now. I am looking for a 5-10 year old building. I suppose that it would be cheaper than a new one. Is this an industrial city? Thanks.

Ken88

Chilton: In your opinion, Zhongshan is a better place to live for a family than Zuhai? I am not much of a party animal anyway !

What is the population? How much would you expect to pay for rentals? I would be renting for 1-2 years before I think of buying. Every town has expensive apts; but I am looking for a medium type. How much would it cost to buy, per square foot? I am sure that your property must have gone up in value by now. I am looking for a 5-10 year old building. I suppose that it would be cheaper than a new one. Is this an industrial city? Thanks.

Ken88

As far as family life, I don't know that much about Zhuhai. I see Zhongshan has what appears to be an abundance of middle class families. The population is approx 1.4 million people but I believe that is prefecture level city wide. I am not sure the name of the area that my house is at but it is very sparsely populated. If you search Zhongshan City then you will find many links. Zhongshan has industry but it is centralized within one ot two main areas mostly.

As far as real estate family dwelling goes, the cost of new is approx. 3100-3500RMB m2.

I believe I have some pictures in my gallery if you want to see. It has an inexpensive cost of living by China standards.

It is in the tropics so you can expect warm temperatures and a lot of rain in the summers but the winters are very pleasant. It also has perpetual winds which can get strong at times but it helps during the summers.

All in all, I am very satisfied with our choice. It seems to be a laid back city by China standards and being in a special economic zone is a plus. There are Americans there.