Chinese people CHEAT my wife regularly

My wife (who has her g/c) just 'left' one of the chinese buffet restaurants in our county after working mostly 5 hours/day for about 10 days, with a few days off here and there. Yes, she was paid the legal minimum wage of about $6.79hr minus FICA taxes.

However, a few of the other workers fit the category of illegal, live in the boss's house and get about $3hr plus tips and all you can eat from 10:00 am to 10:pm or later, 6 days a week. One of them came here ten years ago and has just now paid of the "debt."

Of course, even an idiot could figure out where the illegal immigants live and work. So, what does that let you conclude about those who might be empowered to do anything about it?

Well, I bet you the ACLU and various courts have stripped away any authority such a person may have had in the past.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of our old membeers had the same problem with the EAD. If it nhas taken longer than 90 days you can get an info pass and they must give you the EAD.

You can do a search and find out the particulars-The member was frank???? Four number after Frank 58?/ Something I think.

One of our old membeers had the same problem with the EAD. If it nhas taken longer than 90 days you can get an info pass and they must give you the EAD.

You can do a search and find out the particulars-The member was frank???? Four number after Frank 58?/ Something I think.

I have been reading lately they wont give EAD at field office, but they will contact NBC and get the EAD expedited, resulting in card issued in a week or two.

I have been reading lately they wont give EAD at field office, but they will contact NBC and get the EAD expedited, resulting in card issued in a week or two.

Our EAD took 5 months, I called USCIS and asked WTF IS THE PROBLEM? It was there 4 days later. It was pointless to get the EAD, not one person in any of the local banks will even allow her a teller position, because she isn't "qualified" with 2 bachelor of finance degrees. While they themselves sit there with only high school diplomas.

The only job my wife's had is at our local chinese restraunt, where she was only paid tips...all those massive buffet tips add up quick B)

She was the only waitress, and bussed tables, 100% of tips were supposed to be hers, she was accused of stealing tips from tables...which i will swear to in a court of law she didn't. Most days she only came home with 10-15$. She wouldn't quit, no matter how badly they treated her, she wanted to help me pay bills.

She was so proud of that small wage right up until the day the bosses fat, bloated, toad of a mother decided they needed the extra 10$ per day. My wife was unable to even bus the tables until the mother counted whatever tips were left first.

I've since placed a call to the INS since I have found out his mother is here illegally.

Let's see, biometrics taken 6 weeks ago, so that probably means you filed your AOS packet about 10 weeks ago. EAD takes about 3 months for most people, you're mileage may vary. Once you hit 3 months without EAD you might want to make an infopass appointment to check on the status.

As for complaining about what employees will do for her without EAD, what's the point? Undocumented is undocumented and there is a whole different set of rules in that market, complaining about the wage is just ridiculous.

Once she has EAD the rules change because she can legally work in the US.

While I understand both of you being frustrated to a point, you've been around CFL enough to know that these things don't just happen overnight and should have managed both yours and your wifes expectations better.

Still NO EAD card!

EVERY TIME my wife has tried to work (dont even know if this is illegal),EVERY TIME they (filthy rich Taiwan/Hong Kong restaurant owners)she gets treated like a DOG and gets cheated out of her money too.

These are FANCY restaurants,not fast food.

Most recently the "TOKYO PEKING RESTAURANT" on Fruitville Road in Sarasota gave NO MONEY for my wife working 5 days!!!

These SLIME BALLS in their White Mercedes wanted:

Work from 10AM till Midnight,too late to ride bus home.

These slime balls keep an apartment behind the restaurant,in there are LEGAL Asians and ILLEGAL Mexicans,all living together and working for that slime ball Taiwan owner.

They offered my wife can stay in that apartment if she wants.

After 5 days of "training",my wife asked "Can I make money now",but this slime ball Taiwan owner said "If you dont like it you can take a walk"

5 days,10AM to Midnight = No Money!!!

Now you know why Chinese people have a BAD REPUTATION here in America,because of these rich slime ball Taiwan/HongKongers owners.

The other time it was a rich BangKok Thailand fat assed owner,but at least they tossed her a few coins at the end of her 14 hour shift.

My wife OWNED/OWNS a guesthouse in Laos/China and has been serving "foreigners" for years,so she is quite able to do this kind of work here in America.

The problem is:

Got married December 2007 in Florida.

We paid the STINKING $1,010 FEE for her AOS package.

Wheres the freaking EAD Card????????

Is it TOO MUCH to ask for???

NO EAD CARD!!!!(Fingerprinting was in Tampa 6 weeks ago).

By not giving her the EAD card,she is being SET UP to be taken advantage of,or even abused by crooked employers.

NOW this has created a problem when my wife visited our local health department to get her "female stuff" taken care of.

Were not looking for anything free,but we cant afford

(NO EAD CARD!!!)the expensive doctor either.

Its like this:

"You are "visa" foreigner,so "NO SLIDING SCALE FEE for you,YOU MUST PAY FULL PRICE"9Too bad,if you were illegal Mexican we would hand everything to you on a silver platter).

Wading through the ocean of ILLEGAL MEXICANS in the waiting room,getting health care FOR FREE,my wife now says she will WAIT to see a doctor when she goes to China next time.

We will not allow her to put off her medical care,but she has no trust in these American doctors anymore.

If my wife cant work legally,our marriage is doomed.

With no job,she cant be independent or feel good about herself.

I brought her here to begin our new life,but without EAD Card,I have only delivered her in to the hands of these EVIL Taiwan/HongKong/Thailand slave masters.

Ive basically handed her over to a life of slavery.

Its called the "Tokyo Peking" restaurant,next to I-75 on the Fruitville Road exit in Sarasota.

These people need to go to jail for their lawlessness.

WE follow the law,WHY DONT RICH RICH FILTHY RICH TAIWAN RESTAURANT OWNER FOLLOW THE LAW????

I hope they loose all the window glass in their White Mercedes and restaurant front.

To begin with,my wife received her EAD Card the day after I posted this.

Receiving that EAD Card,the bright red,white and blue EAD Card,has totally changed everything.

My wife can now walk in to ANY business,hold her head high,and expect to be treated fairly.

This opens up a much wider range of possible job opportunities.

She can paper the entire city with job applications,and not have to worry about breaking any confusing and inconvienient employment laws that ILLEGAL FOREIGNERS,and their American bosses regularly ignor.

All hours paid for work ON THE CLOCK and accounted for.

No more kow towing to crooked restaurant owners expecting her to work 14 hours a day for literally NOTHING :) ???(I mean REALLY!!!)

I have not read any of the replies you fine people made to my original post,but I sincerely hope someone got something positive out of those 3 pages full.

I lay it all on the line.

Im not going to hide my true feelings from you people.

I come before you in this manner because if I were to reveal myself to you in my true form I would appear so hideious that you would not be able to gaze upon me with your naked eyes without suffering severe emotional trauma and permenent blindness. B)

Well, while I'm not up for permanent blindness, I am up for congratulating you on your wife's EAD!! Reading your posts, it seems like the worst of it is over, and now your wife can really get a job that she enjoys, on her terms, not some sleazy boss's. Congrats and best wishes!!

even while my wife had her EAD and green card. when she was looking for work some chinese restaurant owners wanted her to work under the table for less than minimum wage. They assumed she would take the job because of her english.

To begin with,my wife received her EAD Card the day after I posted this.

Receiving that EAD Card,the bright red,white and blue EAD Card,has totally changed everything.

My wife can now walk in to ANY business,hold her head high,and expect to be treated fairly.

This opens up a much wider range of possible job opportunities.

She can paper the entire city with job applications,and not have to worry about breaking any confusing and inconvienient employment laws that ILLEGAL FOREIGNERS,and their American bosses regularly ignor.

All hours paid for work ON THE CLOCK and accounted for.

No more kow towing to crooked restaurant owners expecting her to work 14 hours a day for literally NOTHING :rolleyes: ???(I mean REALLY!!!)

I have not read any of the replies you fine people made to my original post,but I sincerely hope someone got something positive out of those 3 pages full.

I lay it all on the line.

Im not going to hide my true feelings from you people.

I come before you in this manner because if I were to reveal myself to you in my true form I would appear so hideious that you would not be able to gaze upon me with your naked eyes without suffering severe emotional trauma and permenent blindness. :unsure:

I think yer a piker.

if this was that important to you, you could have come HEREwithin an hour of her receiving it, and have said so.

Sure, CFL ain't 'yer life' - but these 'lapses of info' make for interesting exercises for comments fodder.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...

my wife now says she will WAIT to see a doctor when she goes to China next time.

We will not allow her to put off her medical care,but she has no trust in these American doctors anymore.

Honestly, she may be better off. Medical care in this country is a joke. Doctors are either too afraid or too greedy to actually fix anything. If a doctor actually tries to fix something he is running the risk of getting sued if the slightest thing goes wrong... either that or you won't come keep coming back and paying therefore he cant afford that new mercedes every year.

But that is another rant...

my wife now says she will WAIT to see a doctor when she goes to China next time.

Honestly, she may be better off. Medical care in this country is a joke. Doctors are either too afraid or too greedy to actually fix anything. If a doctor actually tries to fix something he is running the risk of getting sued if the slightest thing goes wrong... either that or you won't come keep coming back and paying therefore he cant afford that new mercedes every year.

But that is another rant...

Wow! A new Mercedes every year. I had no idea I was doing so well. Where do I pick that up?

I would like to note that generalizing about all American doctors is no more valid than generalizing about all Chinese people.

If you've really never met any good doctors, I'd be happy to introduce you to some. And, no, the vast majority of us don't buy a new Mercedes every year. Care to go for a ride in my 2 year old Prius?

Joe