Results In - AOS Interview

Thanks again you guys. Carl, you're right about the knife twist. Chilton, what's going on with your case? tsap seui, I followed your case for a long time. Good luck to all of you waiting. :unsure:

Thanks Dennis. Hope to see you at the next soiree' :)

Edited by RLS (see edit history)

After a long and hectic wait, after many twists and turns, my wife passed her green card interview today. She is very happy right now and so am I.

A quick recap: some of you may remember that the first scheduled interview was over before it got started. The IO said that our translator did not speak good enough English (at least for him). He said, "this interview is over and I will reschedule it within two weeks." Well, three months later and a little help from my Congressman, Jerry Lewis, it got rescheduled for today.

We got a different translator who speaks perfect English and, as luck would have it, we didn't get the same IO. This time we got a lady who was very "by the book" and thorough. I knew we would not get through without another curve ball thrown at us. She would not accept any copies of birth records, or divorce records from either of us. I had to return home and dig up the originals. She did allow me to bring them back the same day. It was a few gallons of gas and another $6 parking. But, a long story short, she accepted the documents and the green card will be mailed out in a couple weeks.

A word of advice to those who are waiting: Bring "original" documents and let them make copies. Also, we were asked for pictures of the wedding. If you want to know some of the questions asked, I can post those later. :rolleyes:

way to go Ron!!

Hong and i knew you guy would come out a winner!!

Congrats!!!!!

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Yes, not having to deal with USCIS for a couple years is a good thing. They did get another $12 bucks out of me for parking. That should make them happy. :)

Seems like every drop of blood that can be squeezed...

Good news Ron!!!

Great news!! CONGRATULATIONS, Ron & Ivy!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again Dennis, Eric, Nuworld, Zhen, and Todd. She got the Greencard today in the mail and was so happy she wanted me to take her to dinner - which I did.

I wanted to post my timeline one more time for those who keep track of such things.