Been ages since I've been around these parts so please be gentle... :lol:

Laopo has a friend who has been trying to get THE visa (K-1) and has now been turned down for the third time by the embassy. She has written to us asking for help. She says the embassy does not believe their relationship is REAL and they would like her fiance to have some kind of guarantor to the relationship??? He says it is not necessary and has a lawyer here working on it. I don't have any other details but I have never heard of anything like this before. It is not a matter of financial wherewithal evidently. How can a third party guarantee a relationship is real??? I do not know this guy at all, only the woman...Any ideas??? :huh:

Edited by rogerluli (see edit history)
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. . uh, no. I think it must be the financial issue, unless they are claiming "not a bona-fide relationship". But a guarantor?

Maybe they're asking for testimonials. What do the blue-slips say?

Do you mean the third time for the same application? They must be this side of a white slip by now.

A lawyer here won't be able to do anything until the case is returned to the states and a NOID (notice of intent to deny) issued

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

. . uh, no. I think it must be the financial issue, unless they are claiming "not a bona-fide relationship". But a guarantor?

Maybe they're asking for testimonials. What do the blue-slips say?

Do you mean the third time for the same application? They must be this side of a white slip by now.

A lawyer here won't be able to do anything until the case is returned to the states and a NOID (notice of intent to deny) issued

I think the third time for the same application...What's a white slip these days anywho??? I thought it was pink... :o The friend says it is not financial , but most be "not a bona-fide realtionship"... :lol: I'm trying to get more info... :huh:

I think the third time for the same application...What's a white slip these days anywho??? I thought it was pink... :o The friend says it is not financial , but most be "not a bona-fide realtionship"... :lol: I'm trying to get more info... :huh:

Pink is good, white is a denial.

Yes, the key is exactly what is on the blue slips.

Ask yer wife to ask her friend to scan in the blue slip to a jpg file and then ask yer wife to ask her friend to email it to yer wife.

Then, when you get a mo, ask yer wife to let you see the blue slip,

and then when you get a chance? Type in exactly what you see there, sans personal biodata id info.

Without knowing the exact wording, it sounds rather tenuous.

TIA !

Been ages since I've been around these parts so please be gentle... :lol:

Laopo has a friend who has been trying to get THE visa (K-1) and has now been turned down for the third time by the embassy. She has written to us asking for help. She says the embassy does not believe their relationship is REAL and they would like her fiance to have some kind of guarantor to the relationship??? He says it is not necessary and has a lawyer here working on it. I don't have any other details but I have never heard of anything like this before. It is not a matter of financial wherewithal evidently. How can a third party guarantee a relationship is real??? I do not know this guy at all, only the woman...Any ideas??? :)

Their Statements

Statement on their relationship, each write a separate statement

6. Supporting Statements

Statutory Declaration from Sponsors Mom and/or Dad

Statutory Declaration from mutual friend

Letter from Sponsors Daughter

Letter from Sponsors friend

Statutory Declaration from Sponsors friend

Statement from any family member

Statement from her parents agreeing to the marriage

Statement from you pastor

All to be certified by a notary

My SO has asked me to provide the same thing to her, for her interview. She is part of a group of 001 women who reside in Shanghai. My SO told me that the VO's have recently been asking for family and friends of the beneficiary to each write a letter to verify that the relationship is bonafide. Thats exactly what I'm doing.

Been ages since I've been around these parts so please be gentle... :rolleyes:

Laopo has a friend who has been trying to get THE visa (K-1) and has now been turned down for the third time by the embassy. She has written to us asking for help. She says the embassy does not believe their relationship is REAL and they would like her fiance to have some kind of guarantor to the relationship??? He says it is not necessary and has a lawyer here working on it. I don't have any other details but I have never heard of anything like this before. It is not a matter of financial wherewithal evidently. How can a third party guarantee a relationship is real??? I do not know this guy at all, only the woman...Any ideas??? :unsure:

Thanks a bunch for all the info...Laopo will be calling the woman this morning to find out EXACTLY what is going on...We would like to help if possible because this lady was the one that introduced us to Yuxi, Yunnan and without that we would never have found it...But after 3 rejections it would seem impossible that some kind of letter by me would help...Anywho more later tonight... :rolleyes:

Sounds like GUZ has a new twist. I would have thought Guarantor[?] had something to do with finances also. LiWen's aunt introduced us and I remember at one point getting her to write a letter explaining the circumstances at one point for one of the three overcomes before our NOID stuff.

Been ages since I've been around these parts so please be gentle... :sosad:

Laopo has a friend who has been trying to get THE visa (K-1) and has now been turned down for the third time by the embassy. She has written to us asking for help. She says the embassy does not believe their relationship is REAL and they would like her fiance to have some kind of guarantor to the relationship??? He says it is not necessary and has a lawyer here working on it. I don't have any other details but I have never heard of anything like this before. It is not a matter of financial wherewithal evidently. How can a third party guarantee a relationship is real??? I do not know this guy at all, only the woman...Any ideas??? :o

Their Statements

6. Supporting Statements

Ya, these types of statements are mentioned for the I-130 as proof of bonafide marriage, but for guarantor? wtf?

All we got when our case was sent back to GUZ after NOID was a letter saying application reapproved and a I-797C. Trust me when I tell you I brought up the same point in the rebut letter to USCIS. How can GUZ quote issues about fraud marriages for a K1 visa?

Check out this for an interesting twist.

I might include these two case cites in my next submission were I having this problem.

You are pitting a ruling against the USCIS against DOS. Might be interesting, but maybe not the way you intend here

Check out this for an interesting twist.

I might include these two case cites in my next submission were I having this problem.

You are pitting a ruling against the USCIS against DOS. Might be interesting, but maybe not the way you intend here

Right, the thought was to demonstrate the eventual outcome.

Guest Rob & Jin

Been ages since I've been around these parts so please be gentle... :sosad:

Laopo has a friend who has been trying to get THE visa (K-1) and has now been turned down for the third time by the embassy. She has written to us asking for help. She says the embassy does not believe their relationship is REAL and they would like her fiance to have some kind of guarantor to the relationship??? He says it is not necessary and has a lawyer here working on it. I don't have any other details but I have never heard of anything like this before. It is not a matter of financial wherewithal evidently. How can a third party guarantee a relationship is real??? I do not know this guy at all, only the woman...Any ideas??? :(

Their Statements

6. Supporting Statements

Jim thats nuts, you could get Joe bloggs and all his mates to pretend they are your siblings, pastor, friends whatever, sign a piece of paper and get it notarized it proves nothing.

Also is it written any where that parental consent = bonafide or maybe complicity in fraud :o

Remember the KISS, dont weight her down with tons of crap meaningless pieces of paper.

JMHO