Airline Baggage Fees

Guest Tony n Terrific

I had to pay 250 RMB when I left Nanning on my connecting flight to Shanghai. I was 9kg overweight. China consider this flight a domestic flight.

Guest Mike and Lily

I had to pay 250 RMB when I left Nanning on my connecting flight to Shanghai. I was 9kg overweight. China consider this flight a domestic flight.

China Southern asked me to pay 3K RMB on an overweight bag from GUZ to LAX. Needless to say, I hastily redistributed the items in my two suitcases.

I just called CZ about extra luggage from LAX to CAN to WUH, it's 110 per additional bag, 50 pounds limit per bag, no limit on the number of extra bags. On Y economy, you are allowed 2 bags for check in without additional fees.

I also asked about how much the extra baggage fee for the opposite direction - they weren't sure about it, told me to find out when I'm in China. BUT - I'd only pay in Wuhan for the WUH-CAN-LAX jump.

I'm taking some ATA cases for my work, so this next trip will be interesting.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

If you are departing Nanning and flying Internationally the same day, don't forget to ask for a waiver of the "domestic" limits. We have prevailed, so far, by showing our on-going International tickets during check-in at Nanning. Yes, we have more trouble with e-tickets. Of course, we didn't have the e-tickets in hand yet. Speaking to a supervisor and showing our itinerary proved decisive.

We also had trouble because the NWA flight leaves GUZ so early in the morning. However, we still prevailed with the supervisor because there is no way to catch the International flight 'on the same day.'

The Supervisor(s) have so far waived the domestic overages. For those of you who don't know, we are allowed more checked bags and/or heavier bags on an International flight than on a Domestic flight.