Olympic Torch Relay hits the Mainland...

Now wait a mo -

the flame went out, twice !

Doesn't that mean it has to be relit back at the origin, and carried all over again ? EEK !

Now wait a mo -

Doesn't that mean it has to be relit back at the origin, and carried all over again ? EEK !

Not to worry Darnell...They've got a guy there with the little magic box that contains the FLAME... :D "Got a light bud???" :P

Now wait a mo -

Not to worry Darnell...They've got a guy there with the little magic box that contains the FLAME... :lol: "Got a light bud???" :roller:

I find it really ironic that there were many protesters not in China who were TRYING to snuff out the flame, then when it got to China it was snuffed out, albeit by accident, when it was passed from 'official' to 'official'.

grrr...

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the torch relays, I abhor any protest during the torch relays outside of China, I view it as some group(s) trying to be violent with a political agenda. But the whole point was to keep the flame lit from it's homing point to the Venue, and China sent a crew of special policeman into the World to make sure that happened. Head Snap? WTF ?

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

We watched it live last night as the Olympic Torch relay began its long tour through China at Sanya on Hainan Island. It will go through Wuzhishan, Wanning, our town of Qionghai, Wenchang and finally the capitol of Haikou... :lol:

http://www.cctv.com/english/20080504/103413.shtml

Thanks for the link, do you have a Chinese language link??? :roller:

We watched it live last night as the Olympic Torch relay began its long tour through China at Sanya on Hainan Island. It will go through Wuzhishan, Wanning, our town of Qionghai, Wenchang and finally the capitol of Haikou... :D

Thanks for the link, do you have a Chinese language link??? :roller:

:lol: Nope...But wait a minute Mark... :lol: Haven't you signed up for Chinese TV for your wife??? :D

We watched it live last night as the Olympic Torch relay began its long tour through China at Sanya on Hainan Island. It will go through Wuzhishan, Wanning, our town of Qionghai, Wenchang and finally the capitol of Haikou... :D

Thanks for the link, do you have a Chinese language link??? :ph34r:

;) Nope...But wait a minute Mark... :D Haven't you signed up for Chinese TV for your wife??? :o

I used to have it on Dish, then switched to Direct, huh???

56.com works for her, only English TV has moved her English along fairly quickly!!

I now understand do not like it in Chinese!!!!!!!!! :P :P

Too bad all the torch relays in Inner Mongolia are near Hohhot (the capital city) It's a good 24+ hour train ride from our location here. Maybe I can make it to Shenyang...that's pretty close, maybe 4-5 hours by train. :unsure:

Too bad all the torch relays in Inner Mongolia are near Hohhot (the capital city) It's a good 24+ hour train ride from our location here. Maybe I can make it to Shenyang...that's pretty close, maybe 4-5 hours by train. :unsure:

I would love to see it in person...Every night we can watch parts on CCTV which will have to do for us... :)

Thanks for the link, do you have a Chinese language link??? :unsure:

;) Nope...But wait a minute Mark... :) Haven't you signed up for Chinese TV for your wife??? :o

I used to have it on Dish, then switched to Direct, huh???

56.com works for her, only English TV has moved her English along fairly quickly!!

I now understand do not like it in Chinese!!!!!!!!! :P :P

We tried that too Mark but it didn't work... :) We cancelled Chinese TV so that laopo could just watch American TV and improve her English... :) After one month of watching American programming where you have 3 kinds of programs: sexual innuendo, violence, or both... :( We BOTH said Chinese TV PLEASE... :D