I go back to China this thursday.Tampa to LAX to shanghai to Chongqing,well China Eastern cancelled my flight from Shanghai to Chongqing,they are giving me a hotel stay for the night,but to be honest,i rather be sleeping with my wife.I looked on the internet,there is a site"ctrip"has anyone used this site?The fare to Chongqing is a good price only 85.00,well it is 103.00 with the fees,still i rather do this,than stay a lonely night in shanghai......is "ctrip" a good site,this ticket will be a e-ticket....i never used an e-ticket in China?

thanks

jimi

I go back to China this thursday.Tampa to LAX to shanghai to Chongqing,well China Eastern cancelled my flight from Shanghai to Chongqing,they are giving me a hotel stay for the night,but to be honest,i rather be sleeping with my wife.I looked on the internet,there is a site"ctrip"has anyone used this site?The fare to Chongqing is a good price only 85.00,well it is 103.00 with the fees,still i rather do this,than stay a lonely night in shanghai......is "ctrip" a good site,this ticket will be a e-ticket....i never used an e-ticket in China?

thanks

jimi

Ctrip is one of the most well-known websites in China. But I have not used it to book a flight. Anyway, you can always try to buy an air ticket to Chongqing at Shanghai international airport.

Guest Mike and Lily

thanks

jimi

Ctrip is one of the most well-known websites in China. But I have not used it to book a flight. Anyway, you can always try to buy an air ticket to Chongqing at Shanghai international airport.

We used it in China and we had a bad experience with it. THey won't even accept major credit cards.

thanks

jimi

We used it in China and we had a bad experience with it. THey won't even accept major credit cards.

their website say they accept major credit cards.

i use ctrip !

I love ctrip !

recently, they had problem with USA credit cards, stopped temporarily to process them. I noticed recently they are accepting them again.

I like the discount rates I receive on air flights.

I got shuffled around on a flight with my wife, customer service refunded 75 percent of the ticket prices.

E tickets are cool, just remember - you HAVE to show up an hour before the flight to check in, otherwise you will lose your seat.

There is eticket machine at most airports, you enter your eticket number, it confirms you, you get the seat and go , put your luggage in the regular thing.

http://english.ctrip.com

you don't have to have a member card to use it, but at least make yourself an account, la .

i also book tickets for my wife, where a courier shows up, she gives them cash .

you can also book tickets so that the ticket is delivered to ctrip booth at the airport, and pay in rmb in person for it. i remember that costs a bit more, though, but its dead convenient.

Thankfully, they gots their foreign credit card interface fixed, I was sad when it broke !

Ctrip ROCKS!

Oh - I also used it to book hotels, even those not listed , by calling their customer service line.

NOW I HAVE POINTS ! OOOOH !!! My wife uses them, she is happy.

E-Tickets.....hmmmmm...will just tell you of my most recent experience one month ago....went to chicago...presented my e-ticket and was printed out my tickets....checked all to be sure they matched my itinerary sheet....all very ok...good....flew to shanghai and got connecting flight to xi'an....stayed for ten days and on my return, i showed up at the xi'an airport 1 1/2 hours early before departure flight....went to the ticket counter to get my boarding pass...they looked at the tickets and then looked at me....told me this flight left at 8:30 this morning (my ticket and itinerary said was 11:30 flight) :lol: . was clearly no fault of my own...they quickly began searching other flights and eventually came up with another flight that left in 30-45 minutes...so my point is, it is a good idea to check your ticket flights and make sure they jive with what the airport says....i think i was really lucky this time....could have been a problem if i had showed up any later

I use e-tickets all the time in China, never had any problems. I have never used Ctrip but I always use E-long. Never had any trouble with them and I can call them from USA or in China.E-long also accepts CC's

I just show up a couple hours early and look for the check in gate and show them my passport. They print my boarding pass and I am off to the boarding gates.

Good Luck

Paul

I use e-tickets all the time in China, never had any problems. I have never used Ctrip but I always use E-long. Never had any trouble with them and I can call them from USA or in China.E-long also accepts CC's

I just show up a couple hours early and look for the check in gate and show them my passport. They print my boarding pass and I am off to the boarding gates.

Good Luck

Paul

well,

i tried to book a ticket with ctrip last night,everything went well it seemed,got a confirmation #,then an hour later,they said my credit card wont work.I tried to call them with their 1800 number and another number they have.both numbers did not work.i sent them emails,they responded back,but they kept telling me to call their 1800 number i kept telling them it doesn't work......i finally went on elong and booked a flight on their,credit card was fine,but they have a weird system,i had to fax them a signature document,and a copy of credit card,wasn't thrilled about that.But I am on my way.

Good Luck

Paul

well,

i tried to book a ticket with ctrip last night,everything went well it seemed,got a confirmation #,then an hour later,they said my credit card wont work.I tried to call them with their 1800 number and another number they have.both numbers did not work.i sent them emails,they responded back,but they kept telling me to call their 1800 number i kept telling them it doesn't work......i finally went on elong and booked a flight on their,credit card was fine,but they have a weird system,i had to fax them a signature document,and a copy of credit card,wasn't thrilled about that.But I am on my way.

that 800 number was for china, in china. did you call their regular number (long distance from USA to china? )

Sorry it didn't work for you ..

Good Luck

Paul

well,

that 800 number was for china, in china. did you call their regular number (long distance from USA to china? )

Sorry it didn't work for you ..

yeah,i called both numbers,it didn't seem to work,they tried to resolve the problem today,but,i already booked with elong, time was getting close,i wanted to make sure i didn't miss out on a seat,.The flight i go on is the last flight out for friday night to chongqing,

Hey jimi

I/we have used Ctrip many times 7/8 over the past years

in ChongQing and Shanghai..... never had a problem other

than they did'nt take my American credit card.

But the wifey always had her Chinese card ready. So it was no

biggie. As I recall they even brought the tickets to our condo in

ChongQing a few times

After I landed in Shanghai went up to the Ctrip counter and

there was my ticket/s leaving Shanghai for ChongQing. After

checking my ID/passport I was handed the tickets and I was on

my way to the check points and them my gate # ???

The Ctrip ladies are always smiling, nice, cute amd most spoke

English ok..... so it was Chinlish..... once I was given a bottle of

water in Shanghai from a Ctrip gal

I would have to give those gals...... 2 thumbs up

Maybe you should had have your wifie take care of this on her

end in China???? And if I remember the price was a tiny bit cheaper

buying the tickets in the mother land

Have a nice trip and enjoy it..... We can't wait till we can go back

to the mother land.........

o my God.... those special "Hot Pots" or to die for.

and being able to watchng all those tiny hineys as they past on

the streets/stores. etc, etc, etc..... makes me hungry thinking bout

it

again enjoy your trip

Bobby/Emma

Edited by sleepless in Houston&CQ (see edit history)

I fly all over the world on e-tickets, nary a problem.

Couldn't agree more with Jim. I haven't used Etickets all over the world, but have used them the last 3 years going to China... Heck, I use etickets here in the USA, I have never had a problem. I just show my passport in China and in the US, I either scan my passport or use the confirmation #

Hey jimi

I/we have used Ctrip many times 7/8 over the past years

in ChongQing and Shanghai..... never had a problem other

than they did'nt take my American credit card.

But the wifey always had her Chinese card ready. So it was no

biggie. As I recall they even brought the tickets to our condo in

ChongQing a few times

After I landed in Shanghai went up to the Ctrip counter and

there was my ticket/s leaving Shanghai for ChongQing. After

checking my ID/passport I was handed the tickets and I was on

my way to the check points and them my gate # ???

The Ctrip ladies are always smiling, nice, cute amd most spoke

English ok..... so it was Chinlish..... once I was given a bottle of

water in Shanghai from a Ctrip gal

I would have to give those gals...... 2 thumbs up

Maybe you should had have your wifie take care of this on her

end in China???? And if I remember the price was a tiny bit cheaper

buying the tickets in the mother land

Have a nice trip and enjoy it..... We can't wait till we can go back

to the mother land.........

o my God.... those special "Hot Pots" or to die for.

and being able to watchng all those tiny hineys as they past on

the streets/stores. etc, etc, etc..... makes me hungry thinking bout

it

again enjoy your trip

Bobby/Emma

ah,i know what you mean.

thanks

i am definetly going to enjoy my trip.

jimi