GC received - 4 years, 9 days after arrival

Not sure I counted the leap year(s) correctly, however the saga is finally over. Today we received a 10 year LPR GC in the mail.

As a very early member of this board, I have been appalled at the number of other members progressing towards citizenship while we remained in limbo. I harbored no ill feelings about those; simply frustration at being at the mercy of CIS and their lack of concern about a languishing case due to a name-check.

Suing CIS and winning certainly got their attention (see http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...=29984&hl=).

On Friday. 4/11, I got an email from the internal CIS contact and said that the prints had cleared and the case would be adjudicated ASAP. On Monday, 4/14 I got an email that the case was approved and the Welcome Letter was mailed. On Tuesday, I received an email that GC production was ordered.

Today, a 10 year GC was received. I want to express my appreciation for the support of the CFL members who knew me and my issue. While not a frequent poster, I have strived to add quality posts as I thought fit.

I want to express my appreciation to PJ, Don, and the others that I don't see anymore. The early days were somewhat trying, however I am happy to see that CFL has successfully grown from a few hundred members to thousands.

Thanks to all and good luck in the future.

Stats, I echo your feelings. I remember when I first found CFL and some of your posts. I strive to uphold your attitude on the posting even though I tend to ramble on at times. I can only say Congrats and way too long coming for ya!

Yep.......

I ask my wife, "you got your green card?"

It's hard to adjust, check the mailbox, check the email.

I don't have to do that everyday now.

What to do now?

It's like coming home after the army; be cool and try to adjust.

The fight is over until you apply for USC (if wanted :victory: )

Time to enjoy.

Congratulations to you and your wife!!