She "go water face"

"Go water face " is Chinglish, meaning " go wash your face". Because in China, there is a tradition that before going to bed, we brush the teeth,wash the feet and the face. In the summer time, we usually take a shower before bed, which is totally different from here.

Yes, I'm always being told to take a shower before I go sleep when we talk on the phone.

Still sounds like to go drink :huh: .........

In my house Corbin, that is water, water, meaning, go wash hands, and always!!

You no speaka, means, you did not tell em to do that??

B) :lol:

My gal is from Nanning. When we passed by a beauty parlor I pointed at it and asked "water face" ... she laughed and said "Yeah, yeah, waterface" and laughed so hard I thought she was going to wet her pants. :ph34r:

the new wife was out in the garden when she started screaming "animal, ANIMAL"

Good heavens, Robert S, if an ant caused that much commotion I cannot imagine what a moose, bear or cougar might do! There was a cow moose strolling through my yard just last week. Coyotes, deer (I have a private herd of about 20 that feed on my grass hoping for corn), turkey and skunk are common in my yard; bear, cougar, moose and elk come in several times a year. :lol:

You guys are not eggs.

water face = wash my face (or get my face washed), so you can figure out "have regular facial skin care in a beauty parlor"

Some people do have problems pronouncing "bang", you tell her it's pronounced like "ban°à"

yes i think letter b is tricky for some.my girl will tell me she go to subaway..i say you go subway,,she says yes on subaway

is cute to me,,,maybe regional as she is from guangzhou,

Chinese pronunciation has an "a" or "i' in the end of a word unless we were taught otherwise in other language

egga, aska, studenta, airporta, muchu, Eunicie, washie, facie....

Edited by SmilingAsia (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...

Chinese pronunciation has an "a" or "i' in the end of a word unless we were taught otherwise in other language

egga, aska, studenta, airporta, muchu, Eunicie, washie, facie....

Not sure the region, but it seems some of my ESL students from certain regions tend to struggle more with this than others. I often have to tell them to soften the ending tone with words ending with a consonance.

Leiqin still tells me "I coo, you eeaa." :unsure: