overcomming letter

Thx, this is a K1. My fiancee did not receive the offical letter yet. This is really frustrating to know that my goverment control who i can marry or not. i just feel my rights as a US citizen have been violated.

when she receive the official paper work, would it indicate the reason they denied the visa?

benc - i am sorry to hear this news.

This sounds like an electronic version of 'notice of intent to deny' or NOID. Paget's office is open, hopefully they can help you.

If this was a K-1, you could have some luck with an I-130 filed later. But wait for Pagent's team to work their magic.

Good luck benc, I truly hope the best for you and your fiancee. I know the degree of your hurt. I only wish there was advice or some sort of helpful hints I could give you.

tsap seui

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thx everyone. I can see I have a hard road ahead of me. One thing I really don't understand is how is it possible that they can say that there is no bono fide relationship? My parents know her and accepts her as their daughter-in-law. Everyone I know, knows we have a relationship. I have provide everything I have to prove that. I don't think I left out anything that would cause a denied. What more do they need?

I have called peter's office, the lady on the other end took my info but seem their lawyers are busy at the time. I left the lady a # to call my fianc¨¦, but as of now no call back. Which make me more frustrated.

thx everyone. I can see I have a hard road ahead of me. One thing I really don't understand is how is it possible that they can say that there is no bono fide relationship? My parents know her and accepts her as their daughter-in-law. Everyone I know, knows we have a relationship. I have provide everything I have to prove that. I don't think I left out anything that would cause a denied. What more do they need?

I have called peter's office, the lady on the other end took my info but seem their lawyers are busy at the time. I left the lady a # to call my fianc¨¦, but as of now no call back. Which make me more frustrated.

To my understanding, Peter no longer works in China. I think he is now back in Seattle. I have personally visited his office twice in the last few months in GUZ, but everytime a woman (who claimed from Seattle as well, spoke fluent English) said Peter is on vacation, but will be back. She took my information and said Peter will call me. Few days later, I got an e-mail saying she can help me as they don't know for sure when Peter will come back. I insisted that I will wait for Peter and want to e-mail him directly. After many talks, they didn't give me his e-mail address and say his e-mail accounts all broke down. That lady said she is from Seattle too and works just as good as Peter....

I ended up not getting service from them.

Thx, this is a K1. My fiancee did not receive the offical letter yet. This is really frustrating to know that my goverment control who i can marry or not. i just feel my rights as a US citizen have been violated.

when she receive the official paper work, would it indicate the reason they denied the visa?

Sorry to hear of your situation benc. Our government cannot control who we marry. I was also denied over 2 years ago but I got married anyway, in China. You have this choice as well.

When your fiancee receives the official notice, it will only state the non bonafide relationship reason with no other details as to why they came to this conclusion. What service center did your original petition go through here in the states?

Sorry to hear of your situation benc. Our government cannot control who we marry. I was also denied over 2 years ago but I got married anyway, in China. You have this choice as well.

When your fiancee receives the official notice, it will only state the non bonafide relationship reason with no other details as to why they came to this conclusion. What service center did your original petition go through here in the states?

My service center is vermont.

To my understanding, Peter no longer works in China. I think he is now back in Seattle. I have personally visited his office twice in the last few months in GUZ, but everytime a woman (who claimed from Seattle as well, spoke fluent English) said Peter is on vacation, but will be back. She took my information and said Peter will call me. Few days later, I got an e-mail saying she can help me as they don't know for sure when Peter will come back. I insisted that I will wait for Peter and want to e-mail him directly. After many talks, they didn't give me his e-mail address and say his e-mail accounts all broke down. That lady said she is from Seattle too and works just as good as Peter....

i assume Peter owns the company. his picture is still on the website. should i just go with it anyway ? or should i look for others ? do anyone have a lawyer with contact # that they recommend ? so which lawyer did u hired ?

Edited by benc (see edit history)

My service center is vermont.

I have heard recently that the VSC still sends out NOID letters which means at some point you will be able to learn of their findings. But, it could take a while perhaps anywhere between 1- 2 years.

You are correct, when my SO call them, they told her that Peter was on vacation in another country.

Guest Rob & Jin

ummm... I am certainly no expert on this, but can anyone give us examples of a Guz based (or any lawyer for that matter) that has successfully held a (221g- non bonifide NOID or any white) at GUZ and got a reversal to pink in the last 2 years ?

ummm... I am certainly no expert on this, but can anyone give us examples of a Guz based (or any lawyer for that matter) that has successfully held a (221g- non bonifide NOID or any white) at GUZ and got a reversal to pink in the last 2 years ?

what you are telling me, it's going to be a waste of money to get a lawyer to fight my case?

i'm with you rob. i've seen cfl members advise others to get a lawyer in guz to fight the white, but i'm unaware of any success stories.

i'm with you rob. i've seen cfl members advise others to get a lawyer in guz to fight the white, but i'm unaware of any success stories.

Ever since the new acting IV Chief has taken over, things have been changing a bit. Perhaps PP is on a forced vacation. :lol: Just maybe she has made some changes in how business is done? Who knows....... :rolleyes:

Ben, the letter from GUZ will not state a reason for the denial, it will just use that "did not prove a bona fide relationship at her interview"...gibberish.

You have to wait, and wait, and wait for a reason from the Vermont Service Center. As my Congressional laison put it to me..."Returned petitions from the GUZ consulate are at the bottom of Vermont's to do list and priority."

As far as your statement... "I just feel my rights as a US citizen have been violated.".....

I once felt that very way also, until, I realized...I NEVER had any rights as a US citizen. Any rights I had "thought" I had, were stripped from me the day the DOS worker opened our petition, and then loaded it to start the P-3.

It's a harsh reality buddy, but it's life and none of us can change it....not...while the consulate has no oversight written into their bylaws and mission statement.

I talked many times to attorney Marc Ellis, by e-mail, and concluded there was no reason to send any money to him. He is a good guy, but, even with his contacts within the consulate, he can't do anything there. Heck, he'll tell you that. What he can do is advise you on how to front load another "new" application.

To me, I saw 2 options....

1.) Let the DOS and USCIS continue to influence and be a part of my bona fide relationship with my woman, as we waited to "maybe" hear from the Vermont Service Center, and make the appeal to them to send the petition back to GUZ....for God only knows what outcome.

2.) Eliminate the 3rd party intervention of the DOS and USCIS in our bona fide relationship, and....go to China, marry, and live in happiness with my woman. Maybe, open the door to the "wolf", years later.

In conclusion to which option we chose.....our home in China will be finished later this month.

Good luck to you, and the others placed in this horrible mess. If you choose option number 1, there are many good people here to advise you, and many of us will support you while you wait...and wait.

tsap seui

Ever since the new acting IV Chief has taken over, things have been changing a bit. Perhaps PP is on a forced vacation. :blink: Just maybe she has made some changes in how business is done? Who knows....... :cheering:

I'm interested to hear if any one has actually fought a white that was sent back...I have yet to hear a successful story myself.

The common response I get when I tell friends and family that my wife's visa was denied is, "can't you sue the government?"

And I say, "the US Consulate isn't like the police department!"