Chinese Health book

This is the health certificate book which Shanghai entry-exit inspection and Quarantine Bureau asks me to get it before i leave China. I have heard some people from 001 didn't get them and left China. I wonder if i could save a trip to Shanghai also before i leave.

Again i wanna say thank you to all members here on candle!

There are currently numerous scams going in China, many with the cooperation of government officials, telling people that they have to have the health card verifying that you are SARS free in order to enter the US.

You do not need any such health certificate for the US. There are a few countries that require them, but the US never has and has no plans to require them. The doctor's papers from the physical that the consulate requires are included with the sealed envelope and are all that are necessary.

Guest Long_strider

My wife received one in addition to her medical papers in the sealed enveople from the International clinic on Shamian Island for her K-1 process. No one looked at it during the exit at the airport in GZ nor when she came into the POE at LAX

Actually, the card everyone is saying that they got is the International Health Organization card. I got one in the US from my doctor to show what vaccinations I had before leaving for China. The Shaiman Clinic does issue this along with the other papers. The form that some people are getting duped into paying extra for is a certification that you are free of SARS. Not necessary for the US. Even the IHO form is optional, but it might save her having to get a second, unnecessary round of vaccination shots.

On the medical book keep it for when you have the last set of shots here in the U.S. the wife has had two sets just need the third set, try to schedule these from the local health dept, not your doctor as he gets the medicine from the health dept. and charges you more.