AOS I-485 email update and notification after filed

Hi,

just recently file Aos i-485 and I765 together...and i know you can track your filing status by having them email to you...just want to know how i can register with uscis and start receving update info from them.....do i need to recieve NOA1 inorder to register.....or otherwise how ?.....i visited the USCIS website...but they only ask for some simple info on the registration form.....like name, address..email..etc..etc......i mean..what if somebody has the same name...or something....and the I-485 and I-765 are filed under my wife's name...so i should enter her name .current address, and email..etc..etc...?...can someone direct me to the right link....( i have never registered before....)....any help will be much appreciated...thank you...

Andy

Hi,

just recently file Aos i-485 and I765 together...and i know you can track your filing status by having them email to you...just want to know how i can register with uscis and start receving update info from them.....do i need to recieve NOA1 inorder to register.....or otherwise how ?.....i visited the USCIS website...but they only ask for some simple info on the registration form.....like name, address..email..etc..etc......i mean..what if somebody has the same name...or something....and the I-485 and I-765 are filed under my wife's name...so i should enter her name .current address, and email..etc..etc...?...can someone direct me to the right link....( i have never registered before....)....any help will be much appreciated...thank you...

Andy

Andy,

Try this link: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

Then this:

Create/Edit customer portfolio account

Yes, you will need your NOA's. You must use your wife's name and address...etc., it is her application. You will need to enter the receipt numbers for each application you filed. No mix-up with the name issue you mention.

Receipt numbers can be found on each of your NOA's (I-797) you received.

This should help you track your applications.

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

Once you register, you will then have a profile created.

Login into your profile and you will see a link to 'add a case to your profile'.

It will then ask for Application Receipt Number. It is all done by this so duplicate names don't matter.

Enter this and the tracking begins. Don't expect anything to happen to often, but when something does it should be updated and you should receive an email.

Yes, you do need NOA1 first because this is the first document to show your Application Receipt Number.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

Login into your profile and you will see a link to 'add a case to your profile'.

It will then ask for Application Receipt Number. It is all done by this so duplicate names don't matter.

Enter this and the tracking begins. Don't expect anything to happen to often, but when something does it should be updated and you should receive an email.

Yes, you do need NOA1 first because this is the first document to show your Application Receipt Number.

thanks guys...i will try to do that once i receive the NOA1...check has just been clear from the bank today....so i should expect the NOA1s soon rite?...

Andy

thanks guys...i will try to do that once i receive the NOA1...check has just been clear from the bank today....so i should expect the NOA1s soon rite?...

Andy

Even after you get the NOAs it will take them a while to put it in the computer. Usually sometime after you get the notice to go for biometrics. You really don't need to register for email notification, you can just use the on line case search and type in your receipt number. I used the email notification but I got the snail mail before they bothered to email me.

It's the gov--they don't need to make sense!!