Documents for Interview

Hey Guys,

If the answer to this question is already posted somewhere please forgive me. I looked for it and could not find it.

When we are preparing our documents for our K1 interview in GUZ, how far in advance can they be prepared and still be considered valid? I am interested in any and all:

Bank letters, Notarized passports, I-134, certificates of marriageability, etc.

I'm sure you all get what I mean. It would help to know how early is not too early so we don't run around at the last minute trying to get too many things together.

David, I know I am asking a lot, but would it be possible to add this information to your kitchen sink list?

Thanks to all.

Allow me to tag along on this, please....

How do you get a "certified passport?"

I asked our local notary to notarize a copy of my passport and she refused to do it. She said that she only notarizes signatures.

The things I've read seem to want a notary's seal on every photocopy page of the passport.

Edited by griz326 (see edit history)

I asked our local notary to notarize a copy of my passport and she refused to do it. She said that she only notarizes signatures.

The things I've read seem to want a notary's seal on every photocopy page of the passport.

griz,

This has been brought up in a past post, yet I can not find it at the moment.

Some will not notarize due to the reason she spoke of. Others have no problem with this. Try a couple more and you will find one that will not have an issue and stamp your copy of your passport with their seal.

Although I had every page of my passport and the cover copied, I only had the notary stamp the page with my info and photo.

Clayton

I feel that the general rule is, once the SO returns P3:

- SO gets notarial certificates

- USC starts to gather financial info;

Since the P3 to the interview is a few months, there is time to get this done during this window and mailed to china.. and have a second mailing in case of any issues.

For the passport, you get a 'certified copy'...

At the top of each page:

"TRUE COPY OF PASSPORT AND VISA FOR "MY NAME""

PASSPORT PAGE COPY IN MAIN PART OF PAGE

At bottom of each page:

"I CERTIFY THAT THIS IS A TRUE COPY OF THE PASSPORT AND VISA BELONGING TO "MY NAME." SWORN BEFORE ME ON ________________."

___________________________ NOTARY PUBLIC

I feel that the general rule is, once the SO returns P3:

- SO gets notarial certificates

- USC starts to gather financial info;

Since the P3 to the interview is a few months, there is time to get this done during this window and mailed to china.. and have a second mailing in case of any issues.

For the passport, you get a 'certified copy'...

At the top of each page:

"TRUE COPY OF PASSPORT AND VISA FOR "MY NAME""

PASSPORT PAGE COPY IN MAIN PART OF PAGE

At bottom of each page:

"I CERTIFY THAT THIS IS A TRUE COPY OF THE PASSPORT AND VISA BELONGING TO "MY NAME." SWORN BEFORE ME ON ________________."

___________________________ NOTARY PUBLIC

David so we don't sign this correct?

And the notary is certifying that they viewed the passport only?

Thanks

Question on the I 134.... If your income is well above the guidelines, I have read that you don't need to show other information like: personal property; stocks; life insurance; cash on hand; real estate; etc. If this is the case, what do you put in those spaces? nothing, n/a, or what?

Thanks for any response. Good luck to all!!

Guest Rob & Jin

Question on the I 134.... If your income is well above the guidelines, I have read that you don't need to show other information like: personal property; stocks; life insurance; cash on hand; real estate; etc. If this is the case, what do you put in those spaces? nothing, n/a, or what?

leave them blank

leave them blank

Speaking for myself - I tend to answer a question

I waited till the last minute on Letter from Employer only. Had bank letters done two weeks before I went to GUZ for interview (although really did not need to show assets).

I color copied passport/visa and had a notary friend notarize. Looked official enough to my eyes. : )

I waited till the last minute on Letter from Employer only. Had bank letters done two weeks before I went to GUZ for interview (although really did not need to show assets).

I color copied passport/visa and had a notary friend notarize. Looked official enough to my eyes. : )

Once again thanks to all for your input on my question. Now I feel more confident about having enough time to get everything done without ending up doing something twice because I jumped the gun.

Your notory is correct. They do not notorize copies of your passport. I know because I am a notory for the State of Oregon. We notorize the document you are signing.

jimncherry