extreme emergent situation question

I am wondering if anyone has ever tried to expedite under the : "Extreme emergent situation" criteria that the USCIS put out:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0000ecd190aRCRD

Without getting into details, has anyone dealt with death threats or government (communist) backlash against their SO?

Not us. Sounds ominous. Hope everything works out for you guys.

Guest Rob & Jin

I seem to remember that members of that religious group (FLG) have tried it , not sure how successful they were though.

As far as "communist backlash" you would think any Chinese not a member of CCP could use that, it works for Cubans, But alias not for Chinese.

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

The criteria are clear. What you suggest would seem to qualify. What, I think, will be needed is serious documentation of the threat. GZ's first thought will be "line jumping scammer" ... you will need to provide evidence that this is not the case.

Please keep us informed .... and good luck!

Right, that's true, so what evidence can I produce? When you think about it there's really not much. A lawyer suggested an affidavait, but what proof is that? And it's not like you can have people sign a petition that says "I threatened her life"

I visited this site and noticed the following:

"Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States".

I am not sure about the "non-profit status" part (but it certainly describes my finances) but the ". . . furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States" part is exactly why 95% of these visas should be approved without delay. Three months or so would be about right.

It is obviously pie-in-the-sky, but what could be more in the interest of the United States than to see it's law-abiding citizens reunited with their families? So sad . . .

Edited by shyaushu (see edit history)