• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lomeru

lomeru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:00 PM

I am wondering if anyone has ever tried to expedite under the : "Extreme emergent situation" criteria that the USCIS put out:
http://www.uscis.gov...0000ecd190aRCRD

Without getting into details, has anyone dealt with death threats or government (communist) backlash against their SO?

#2 IllinoisDave

IllinoisDave

Go Cubs Go

• Members
  • 7,013 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:05 PM

I am wondering if anyone has ever tried to expedite under the : "Extreme emergent situation" criteria that the USCIS put out:
http://www.uscis.gov...0000ecd190aRCRD

Without getting into details, has anyone dealt with death threats or government (communist) backlash against their SO?

Not us. Sounds ominous. Hope everything works out for you guys.

#3 Randy W

Randy W

֣ resident

• Admin
  • 19,235 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:06 PM

I don't think anyone has, and I'm not sure what to tell you except to call the number they give. We did have a member recently whose application was expedited due to pregnancy.

#4 Guest:Rob & Jin_*

Guest:Rob & Jin_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:45 PM

I seem to remember that members of that religious group (FLG) have tried it , not sure how successful they were though.

As far as "communist backlash" you would think any Chinese not a member of CCP could use that, it works for Cubans, But alias not for Chinese.

Edited by Rob & Jin, 14 April 2008 - 07:58 PM.

#5 jim_julian

jim_julian

Southern California

• Members
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:18 PM

The criteria are clear. What you suggest would seem to qualify. What, I think, will be needed is serious documentation of the threat. GZ's first thought will be "line jumping scammer" ... you will need to provide evidence that this is not the case.

Please keep us informed .... and good luck!

#6 lomeru

lomeru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:14 PM

The criteria are clear. What you suggest would seem to qualify. What, I think, will be needed is serious documentation of the threat. GZ's first thought will be "line jumping scammer" ... you will need to provide evidence that this is not the case.

Please keep us informed .... and good luck!

Right, that's true, so what evidence can I produce? When you think about it there's really not much. A lawyer suggested an affidavait, but what proof is that? And it's not like you can have people sign a petition that says "I threatened her life"

#7 shyaushu

shyaushu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:50 PM

I visited this site and noticed the following:

"Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States".

I am not sure about the "non-profit status" part (but it certainly describes my finances) but the ". . . furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States" part is exactly why 95% of these visas should be approved without delay. Three months or so would be about right.

It is obviously pie-in-the-sky, but what could be more in the interest of the United States than to see it's law-abiding citizens reunited with their families? So sad . . .

Edited by shyaushu, 14 April 2008 - 11:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users