The Biometrics Nightmare

Guest hi5pro

Hi -

Mari left some nice nuggets over at

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30267

The gist of it was - she walked in on a Saturday, explained the foulups in mis-mailing and scheduling, and got the biometrics DONE.

I'd suggest you try the same?

Gino,

So sorry to keep learning that you have yet to take a step in the right direction.

I don't know why your EAD receipt number shows on USCIS's website, yet your AOS receipt number does not. I would think your AOS receipt number would list on the site first.

We received the same response of "retrieval failed" for some time on our AOS receipt number, but finally the response changed and has progressed well. The EAD and AP receipt numbers did not show for the longest time, but are now listed and being updated as they progress also.

The ASC (Application Support Center) is a localized office of the USCIS where biometrics appointments are held.

Here is a link to locate your local ASC office: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=ASC

I like the approach Darnell took and if your local office is nearby your home, I would make the trip and attempt to do what is required, but I do feel you may not be allowed in without the appointment letter as it was the first item asked of all who entered.

We wish you the best in receiving something very soon.

Clayton & Wen Li

I'm confused - the biometric notices are mailed separately - NOT on the NOA1.

To get the EAD approved she must have had a biometrics appt for that.

2 months is a reasonable time frame to receive the biometrics appt notice.

I have no idea, Randy

It says on the web site that EAD approval notice was sent but we did not even get the biometrics appointment date yet....

You need an InfoPass appt. Their records are screwed up, and you haven't even gotten started!

We mailed Lulu's I-485 and I-765 on Jan 23rd and received both NOA1 on Feb. 4th. No biometrics date on either I-797C. I called USCIS several times and was told that we need to wait at least 30 days. So we waited 30 days and received nothing.

I called on Mar. 3rd and was told that we can summit the request for Biometrics appointment so we did. The lady gave us a confirmation # and told me that we should receive the appointment before Apr. 3rd but so far nothing and I really doubt we will receive anything before Apr. 3rd. Yes, I did call USCIS and was told again, since we summit the request on Mar. 3rd so we need to call back after 30 days, after Apr. 3rd (that's 30+30).

I tried to check the status online and I got this:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed

* This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

for the I-485 receipt # and this

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On March 13, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

for the I-765 receipt #. Again we did not receive any approval notice. I call to tell USCIS that and was told, again, we need to wait for 30 days after Mar. 13.

Does anyone has similar situations of this "30 DAY NIGHTMARE". Now I am afraid to re-re-summit Lulu's Biometrics request again after Apr. 3rd because that will reset the 30 day clock so they can tell me I need to wait 30 more days before they can answer my questions.

Any suggestions?

Gino & Lulu

This is the typical goverment at work..... I have a bunch of friends who work in the government and they all work at a slow pace. It is very hard to get fired from the US government and the benefits they get that we pay for. If I were to choose another career, it would be with a government agency. They do not need to work at a fast pace because they all work at a pace they want. One of my friends tell me that they recently work on a project that normally takes 4 days in a regular workplace will take them 6 months..so here it is our government at work. Look at all the benefits our elected officials get: not pay into social security, their own bank that they get loans from and not pay back, retirement pay is equal to what they were earning, etc, etc, etc. So why should they work faster when it is not required.

You just get to love our government!!!. We received 3 Biometrics appointment letters today. Now we have 3 appointment dates. Anybody needs an Biometrics appointment? :P :P

Great work they finally found their lost letters. I wonder if you went to all of them it would help you odds. I think it would confuse them if you did.